Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
"Image Engine visual effects animation" breaks down one of the colossal sequences from Kingsgalive: Final Fantasy XV that they animated.
http://image-engine.com/film/kingsg...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Spoilers for the movie
There's a nice screencap in there of the Oracle statue, which is cool because I was never really able to get a good view of her knight form in the game.

That is some A++ class female armor design right there. <3

On a completely different note (pun slightly intended):

RIP young king
That is a gorgeous arrangement of Noct's Theme. I love how much drama they added... it kind of reminds me of the Piano Collections version of The Other Promise (though that was already a much more dramatic version of Roxas' Theme before its conversion to piano).

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
The super sentai suits weren't that way on purpose? And delaying them? Really?

Ugh. These fans are such whiny children.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The super sentai suits weren't that way on purpose? And delaying them? Really?

Ugh. These fans are such whiny children.
The suits were meant to be a Super Sentai parody, but Saban apparently sent a letter threatening to sue due to similarities with the new Power Rangers movie (which were likely unintentional).

It's got nothing to do with the fans, as far as I can tell.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Alright guys and gals, sample for all of the tracks in the upcoming FFXV Piano Collections is up.

Make your ears happy and have a listen. Enjoy everyone =)

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff15/piano/

Edit: It's interesting to note that some of the piano arrangement tracks that are available in the Bonus disc for those who purchased the Limited Edition version of the original soundtrack isn't included in the Piano Collections disc.

Those tracks would be Relax and Reflect, Disquiet, and Melancholia.

Somnus, Valse di Fantastica and Veiled in Black are the same versions as the one's on the Bonus disc.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
"They'll ditch Luminous" they said.
I could sort of understand that sentiment back in August, but after seeing the game's technical quality at launch, it's kind of absurd that that sort of thinking is still a thing. The alternative is UE4, and FFXV is a better looking open-world console game than UE4's ever produced. (The only engine that tops Luminous in that regard is Decima, and that has the advantage of being PS4-exclusive.)

Besides, I've always sort of gotten the impression that the console version of Luminous reflects what that engine looks like on its lowest viable settings, with the engine having much more room to scale up than to scale down. It's not surprising in the slightest that they've already prototyped a version of FFXV that looks like a generation improvement on a PC with SLI'd 1080s. XD