Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I could sort of understand that sentiment back in August, but after seeing the game's technical quality at launch, it's kind of absurd that that sort of thinking is still a thing. The alternative is UE4, and FFXV is a better looking open-world console game than UE4's ever produced. (The only engine that tops Luminous in that regard is Decima, and that has the advantage of being PS4-exclusive.)

Besides, I've always sort of gotten the impression that the console version of Luminous reflects what that engine looks like on its lowest viable settings, with the engine having much more room to scale up than to scale down. It's not surprising in the slightest that they've already prototyped a version of FFXV that looks like a generation improvement on a PC with SLI'd 1080s. XD
I wonder if they're going to use Luminous for other games this gen or save it for PS5 and keep using UE4 for now.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm not very familiar with this but have any games received support for up to 2 years after release? Not talking mmo games but single player games.

70% of staff staying on to work on updating FFXV is great news. Would love for the updates to keep on rolling in after 1 year.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Nomura ain't even really working on anything that in depth now it's mostly cyber connect 2 for ff7 r and tai yusune for kh3
For the PS4 I rather they work on spin-offs, and sequels before a mainline installment save that for the PS5 when they actually have ideas and something solid for Final Fantasy XVI so that theFFXV isn't repeated.

So my ideal schedule would be:
Dissidia Final FANTASY 2017(PC, PS4) after FF12 gets a Steam release
KH3( March 2018)(Then in 2019 it gets a Steam release, after 1.5 + 2.5, and 2.8)
FF7 Remake Part 1(Q4 2017, gets Steam release in Q1 of 2018, if not Q1 of 2018, gets a Steam release Q2 or Q3 of 2018)

Now with Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7 Remake Part 1 out of the way
Final Fantasy Versus XV Part 1( May 2019 - 2020)(PS4,XBO, NS, and STEAM)
Final Fantasy X-3(PS4, XBO, Nintendo Switch)
FF7 Remake Part 2( 2019- 2020)
Final Fantasy Versus XV Part 2(2021-2022)
Final Fantasy Type-Next(2021)(PS4,XBO,NS, and STEAM)
Final Fantasy Versus XV Part 3(The Final Part)(2024)((PS4,XBO, NS, and STEAM)

THEN LAST BUT NOT LEAST
FINAL FANTASY XVI(2025)
FINAL FANTASY IX REMAKE(2028)
FINAL FANTASY VIII REMAKE)(2029)
COMING TO THE PLAYSTATION 5, XBOX SAGITARIUS, SUPER NINTENDO SWITCH, AND STEAM

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I wonder what CPU they are using for this environment, because they are using dual GTX 1080s, but what CPU are they using please don't tell me they are using a i7-7700k, they better at least be using a i7-6900k, or a i7-6850k or something. Much better pair for that GPU horse power.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Breaking even.

So, assuming the UK retail price at launch of (rounded figures) £40. It's basically 5,000,000 x 40, not taking variations in price/currency, the fact that it's rounded figures, and returns or unsold units into account.
So taking out those factors, in breaking even on day one with 5 million worldwide shipped/sold, that would mean an estimated combined development/marketing cost of 200 million pounds ($247,384,000/¥27,806,357,940 approx.). That would likely include the internal and marketing budgets for Brotherhood and Kingsglaive as well, though it's unlikely to include the work done on the PS3 Versus prototypes pre-2012.
Add another million units sold, and even with price reductions following launch, its profits are well above that figure by now. Wow, even if it doesn't exceed ten million in worldwide sales, it's managed to pay back for itself big time.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Wow, even if it doesn't exceed ten million in worldwide sales, it's managed to pay back for itself big time.
This would explain why they're enthusiastic about adding more improvement plans on top of their current update roadmap.

I have a feeling that the team knew that the released game was gonna receive the backlash that it's facing now, so they must be very grateful and relieved that the game has succeeded far beyond their expectations.

Flawed game but still a very noteworthy feat I'd say. It's not the best FF game in its current state, but it is without a doubt the most fun to play and addictive (for me at least).

I've spent more time on this game than any other FF game, with 160+ hours and still going (haven't platinumed the game yet). I loved FFX but I never managed to go over 100 hours in any of my save files, despite having replayed that game to death every year.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
That is one of the benefits of current gaming (when it isn't being abused). a few generations back if a game came out buggy, or lacked in an area, there was no way of fixing it. Now that's possible and the end product can end up being much better.