Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
These updates sound fantastic. Can't wait.

Glad I have a separate save file just before chapter 13 so I could experience all this new stuff straight away.

Btw, this just confirmed part of the huge 4chan leak from last month

Schedule:

Ver 1.06: Chapter 13 adds Gladio as a playable character to this chapter, you go with Ignis the whole time and he needs to be protected. Some new cutscenes are added.

[...]

Here's an archive of the whole thread: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/368579374
Let's wait and see.

I think like the other leaks, some things may be right, and some things may be off.

Only time will tell if these will come to fruition. Sounds exciting but not gonna put too much hope in it.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Re: a certain gameplay mechanic in Chapter 13,

The impression I got from the Ring while playing through the chapter was that it was always meant to be powerful once you figured it out, even it it's super awkward and weird initially.

I freaked out and tried to use the hiding spots to regain MP initially because I had no idea how to use the ring without wasting all of it, but after a few encounters, I got the hang of using it and gave up on the hiding spots entirely. And that felt like what the game wanted from me. It's not about making Noct weak and powerless so much as forcing him out of his comfort zone and making him rely on a tool which, while incredibly powerful, isn't really what he's used to.

As such, giving the Ring superpowers doesn't really conflict with what that chapter conveyed to me. And if it boosts Holy even outside of Chapter 13, it could be a very useful way of dealing with Flan-type enemies.

As for the story changes,

I am totally down for cutscenes explaining what happened to Aldercapt and Ravus. I do have to wonder what could have happened on Gladio and Ignis' side that would warrant further exploration, though. Presumably, Ardyn is involved...?

Schedule:

Ver 1.06: Chapter 13 adds Gladio as a playable character to this chapter, you go with Ignis the whole time and he needs to be protected. Some new cutscenes are added.

[...]

Here's an archive of the whole thread: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/368579374
Didn't Squenix mention that particular addition when talking about the Chapter 13 additions prior to that "leak?" IIRC, that part was considered to have been a safe bet even when the "leak" first appeared.

Oct 19, 2013
Re: a certain gameplay mechanic in Chapter 13,

The impression I got from the Ring while playing through the chapter was that it was always meant to be powerful once you figured it out, even it it's super awkward and weird initially.

I freaked out and tried to use the hiding spots to regain MP initially because I had no idea how to use the ring without wasting all of it, but after a few encounters, I got the hang of using it and gave up on the hiding spots entirely. And that felt like what the game wanted from me. It's not about making Noct weak and powerless so much as forcing him out of his comfort zone and making him rely on a tool which, while incredibly powerful, isn't really what he's used to.

As such, giving the Ring superpowers doesn't really conflict with what that chapter conveyed to me. And if it boosts Holy even outside of Chapter 13, it could be a very useful way of dealing with Flan-type enemies.

As for the story changes,

I am totally down for cutscenes explaining what happened to Aldercapt and Ravus. I do have to wonder what could have happened on Gladio and Ignis' side that would warrant further exploration, though. Presumably, Ardyn is involved...?

Didn't Squenix mention that particular addition when talking about the Chapter 13 additions prior to that "leak?" IIRC, that part was considered to have been a safe bet even when the "leak" first appeared.
Right, but not that there was a Gladio and Ignis section. Though, thinking about it who else would Ignis be with.
Okay, forget it, let's wait for a more substantial bit of the leak getting confirmed :D

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain

Schedule:

[...]

I'm like Jubileus in this one. Well, actually, after reading it again, there are a few things that make me doubt even more. Sadly, as some of this stuff sounds pretty good (maybe too good to be true).

But, for the sake of an argument, I'll talk about the ones I'd be more excited about! Hell, I hope some of them are true at least, as they sound pretty interesting.
Particularly these:
  • 1.09: Coming in August, this update adds the feature to customize characters, you'll be part of the kingsglaive soldiers and you can go with Noctis on the entire game as a 5th party member except at some points.
This would be pretty weird tbh. I guess it'd be an extra for people after beating the game, because I feel it would diminish the four guys' relationship.
  • 1.12/DLC: Coming in November: Adds multiplayer function and online server, makes the continent of Niflheim playable as a parallel story with Kingsglaives (the ones you can customize) and you take down Iedolas on his human form. This journey happens by one of the old model car from versus XIII. Also expect a lot of outfits by this update applicable to Noctis and friends. There will be plenty of quests and hunts here.
I would actually like this. I mean, after the stupid way Aldercapt was dealt with, anything's good. Having random characters take him down might not be the greatest thing, but at the same it'd be kinda cool having some secret Lucis agents infiltrating the enemy's nation and essentially comitting regicide.
  • 1.14: Coming in January 2018, Lestallum will be added to chapter 14 in a apocalyptic setup and will feature older versions of Iris, Cor, Monica, Cid and Cindy. But this one won't be playable, just the assets will be added. Also will feature a new weather added to the multiplayer system: dark world, with green/purple and black sky and a new dungeon you can go after crossing the entrance to the city, it's near a very long bridge.
The weather system sounds cool. The dungeon too (man, I hated how thirsty the whole World of Ruin left me. Literally the most interesting part of the whole game -with new designs for characters and locales-, with the biggest amount of potential information and places to explore and bam, you just spend there a little and in a very lineal way).
  • 1.15: Finishes the update in February 2018, after you leave Hammerhead in chapter 14 you go to Insomnia by foot, this update makes available Lestallum part also. Once in Insomnia there will be a new menu to use chapter select and repeat some train parts at any moment. This menu is only usable at campsites.
I feel that this is how the actual game should have dealt with the whole premise.

The ideal (for me) would have been you being picked up by Talcott and then taken to Lestallum, where you would explore the city a little bit as well as some other relatively close areas (it shouldn't be hard, considering they could change the landscapes a little bit to make the continent smaller in a natural way (destroying roads and paths, for example). Maybe even add some quests and such, getting to know what went down and individually meeting the bros. Then, onto Insomnia.

We might add more credibility to this if Gladio's DLC's ending hook about Prompto's DLC fits the leak, but yeah, not buying this at all for now (speculating is very fun though, so long as we don't take rumours as gospel).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
1.12/DLC: Coming in November: Adds multiplayer function and online server, makes the continent of Niflheim playable as a parallel story with Kingsglaives (the ones you can customize) and you take down Iedolas on his human form. This journey happens by one of the old model car from versus XIII. Also expect a lot of outfits by this update applicable to Noctis and friends. There will be plenty of quests and hunts here.

bullshit

(I hope not)

edit:

DLC Episode Ignis: Coming December, this one adds an entire strategic battle against the empire in the Leviathan chapter, it's like a board game where Ignis chooses how to attack with some long shaped explosives, as he allied with Altissia soldiers. After the mini game you control Ignis while a battle against Ravus and Caligo. Gladiolus and Prompto joins the party and by the end expect Ultros to appear. After the battle they see Titan summon and go save Noctis and Luna. Luna speaks to the boys while Noctis is asleep. Ignis takes the ring from Luna and wears it, the Lucii makes a deal with Ignis making him blind but he can only save one, Luna or Noctis, he saves Noctis.

wtf, now i hope this is fake lol

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
1.12/DLC: Coming in November: Adds multiplayer function and online server, makes the continent of Niflheim playable as a parallel story with Kingsglaives (the ones you can customize) and you take down Iedolas on his human form. This journey happens by one of the old model car from versus XIII. Also expect a lot of outfits by this update applicable to Noctis and friends. There will be plenty of quests and hunts here.

bullshit

(I hope not)

edit:

DLC Episode Ignis: Coming December, this one adds an entire strategic battle against the empire in the Leviathan chapter, it's like a board game where Ignis chooses how to attack with some long shaped explosives, as he allied with Altissia soldiers. After the mini game you control Ignis while a battle against Ravus and Caligo. Gladiolus and Prompto joins the party and by the end expect Ultros to appear. After the battle they see Titan summon and go save Noctis and Luna. Luna speaks to the boys while Noctis is asleep. Ignis takes the ring from Luna and wears it, the Lucii makes a deal with Ignis making him blind but he can only save one, Luna or Noctis, he saves Noctis.

wtf, now i hope this is fake lol
If it so happens that Ignis willingly becomes blind to save Noctis whilst sacrificing Luna at the same time, then this makes his blindness all the more tragic and meaningful.

I can only imagine the guilt he must feel for saving Noctis only and forsaking Luna, but for the sake of saving the world.

I'd prefer his blindness to have come about in a meaningful way instead of just a battle wound.

It may not be true at all though.

But if it is, if they make the scene where Ignis has to choose very good, where we can see the conflict over having to choose and his guilt afterwards, then it may be one of the most memorable cutscenes in FF, seeing as it is the most weighty scene in FF that I can think of (if it's true at all I mean).

It would also make him the best bro
by choosing Noctis above all with a hefty sacrifice on his part.

I always thought he took his blindness in good stride. Perhaps him choosing to be blind for the greater good has got to do with it?

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
anyone complaining about gilgamesh's new design never played FFIX:

#notmygilgy
He wasn't an important character there either, and yes I have played and beaten FF9. In FF9 he was a mere cameo, in FFXV is a story boss. Someone that is important to Gladio's character development(which I will always say should have been in the game itself) Also if they wanted to do the whole I must get stronger plot line, why not just do it in the Dark World? These DLCs should have been after the damn timeskip.
Also on a side note he looks like a young Gilgamesh, he looks like Gilgamesh more than this one and even acts like him too.

Last edited:

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
for the first time I ran away from a foe in XV, and when it's unbelievably difficult I start laughing I HAVE TEARS ROLLING NOW!

WHAT IS THAT DREAD BEHEMOTH I LOVE IT!

I geared up for a typical Behemeoth King I WAS WROOOOOOOONG!
I feel alive!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
He wasn't an important character there either, and yes I have played and beaten FF9. In FF9 he was a mere cameo, in FFXV is a story boss. Someone that is important to Gladio's character development(which I will always say should have been in the game itself) Also if they wanted to do the whole I must get stronger plot line, why not just do it in the Dark World? These DLCs should have been after the damn timeskip.
Also on a side note he looks like a young Gilgamesh, he looks like Gilgamesh more than this one and even acts like him too.
he was a character in the main game, FFXV's gilgamesh only appears in a short dlc and also it's not an important character.

FFIX's gilgamesh should be more concerned in being similar to it's base design than FFXV's gilgamesh.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
he was a character in the main game, FFXV's gilgamesh only appears in a short dlc and also it's not an important character.

FFIX's gilgamesh should be more concerned in being similar to it's base design than FFXV's gilgamesh.
A short DLC that ties directly into the main plot and heavily might I add vs a cameo apperance of a young Gilgamesh who might I add is the same Gilgamesh as the other ones, hell some speculate that IX is his origin story.

Also IX is similar to Gilgy's design, he's just younger, this Gilgamesh is almost nothing like him at all, and they are playing his iconic theme, I don't remember IX getting Clash on the Big Bridge, so XV Gilgamesh should definitely be more concerned about getting the design right, especially if his appearance is of high importance to the main games plot even if it's a separate DLC that should have been in the main game as it heavily relates to Gladio's character development.Not to mention that this "Gilgamesh" acts almost nothing like the other one, it's almost as if they aren't the same character, yet they use his theme, and call him the same name.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
FFXV's gilgamesh doesn't have high importance to the main story, you're overestimating just for the sake of it; he's a side character of a dlc episode not even mentioned in the game.

and you can see traits of gilgamesh in this new iteration (calls himself sword master, have a mask), the design alludes more to the character than IX's.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I've always thought that an interesting way of doing an Episode Luna would be to base it on the time she and Noct spent together in Tenebrae and have it play like a puzzle-platformer. It'd give us the opportunity to explore Tenebrae, take advantage of the skills of a certain dungeon's designer, and help build the relationship between our male and female leads.
That could work it if the puzzles they made were truly innovative and clever. However, they could just with much more ease patch these flashback sequences into the game without having to extort money from us via flashbacks during Noctis' 10 yrs sleep. That way resources don't have to be put into making trivial puzzles to rationalize a DLC episode. It's just the corner the character has been written into IMO. Luna's character at current doesn't justify an entire DLC episode dedicated to her. I feel there's a lot more potential in making a DLC Episode focused on either Araena and Iris in all honestly. They have the potential to have a combat scheme created around them for fun engaging battle orientated gameplay. Something I feel Luna doesn't have with how her character has been designed and portrayed.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
FFXV's gilgamesh doesn't have high importance to the main story, you're overestimating just for the sake of it; he's a side character of a dlc episode not even mentioned in the game.

and you can see traits of gilgamesh in this new iteration (calls himself sword master, have a mask), the design alludes more to the character than IX's.
FFXV's Gilgamesh shows us how Gladio got stronger, and has ties with Cor, and his past, that's a lot more important than the cameo that was in IX, also a side character? No he's the main boss of the DLC episode.
Also I do see some traits of Gilgamesh, but personality wise, no.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The design for Dread Behemoth is fantastic.

I think it's the best design for the Behemoth in the FF series.

The horn and badass wings are a very nice touch.

Finishing Dread Behemoth FINESSE A+! I was just experimenting!!!!!!!!
Damn. Good job.

How come Ignis has so little exp? Lol

You're not neglecting the best bro are you? xD

Congrats! This one is going to take me a bit. I'll need a ton more defense. I barely finished the prior one, and it wasn't pretty QQ.
Same here. The normal Malboro's were easy, but the blue ones were a bitch to kill.

I thought I should kill the small ones first... until I realised the blue malboros were spawning the little ones >.<