Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
That could work it if the puzzles they made were truly innovative and clever. However, they could just with much more ease patch these flashback sequences into the game without having to extort money from us via flashbacks during Noctis' 10 yrs sleep. That way resources don't have to be put into making trivial puzzles to rationalize a DLC episode. It's just the corner the character has been written into IMO. Luna's character at current doesn't justify an entire DLC episode dedicated to her. I feel there's a lot more potential in making a DLC Episode focused on either Araena and Iris in all honestly. They have the potential to have a combat scheme created around them for fun engaging battle orientated gameplay. Something I feel Luna doesn't have with how her character has been designed and portrayed.
Well, we know they've got at least one extremely clever puzzle designer on staff, given the existence of a certain optional dungeon. And Noct's physical state at the time he was in Tenebrae provides plenty of potential for Ico-style traversal puzzles where you need to figure out how to make a path accessible to a character with much more limited movement capabilities.

I'd much prefer that over flashbacks, if only because I love that style of game. (Team ICO FTW). I'd prefer it over Episode Iris, too, because I'm not sure how Iris could be given a unique hook the way Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis are getting. Aranea could, at least, have a unique combat style due to her focus on jumping.

Oct 19, 2013

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
Congrats! This one is going to take me a bit. I'll need a ton more defense. I barely finished the prior one, and it wasn't pretty QQ.
I fought basically everything in XV and the hardest would be:
Boss of Costlemark Menace
Randolph quest (Naglfar)
Dread Behemoth

you need a lot of luck :)

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
The design for Dread Behemoth is fantastic.

I think it's the best design for the Behemoth in the FF series.

The horn and badass wings are a very nice touch.

Damn. Good job.

How come Ignis has so little exp? Lol

You're not neglecting the best bro are you? xD

Same here. The normal Malboro's were easy, but the blue ones were a bitch to kill.

I thought I should kill the small ones first... until I realised the blue malboros were spawning the little ones >.<
DEAR LORD YES THIS DESIGN IS THE BEST.. I don't see a difference between King and Dread Behemoth design M A J E S T I C

And first part of battle I focused on tech so Ignis must be alive to regroup, second part I focused on Armiger and counters and Ignis kept dying so I was like "ok sleep for now you see I have bigger problems" XD

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
The design for Dread Behemoth is fantastic.
Same here. The normal Malboro's were easy, but the blue ones were a bitch to kill.

I thought I should kill the small ones first... until I realised the blue malboros were spawning the little ones >.<
Yeah....it was pretty bad on my end. I had no Ribbons, no break damage limit magic, and no end game items QQ. I think I ate like 30ish Elixirs by time things were said and done. #FeelsBadMan

I fought basically everything in XV and the hardest would be:
Boss of Costlemark Menace
Randolph quest (Naglfar)
Dread Behemoth

you need a lot of luck :)
I see I see. I've read this enemy is quite a bit more tanky than Naglfar unless you can do multiple breaks on it. The physical attacks from the Dread Behemoth are brutal as well.

Well, we know they've got at least one extremely clever puzzle designer on staff, given the existence of a certain optional dungeon.
I swear that dungeon felt like something Yoko Taro would create...just to be a damn troll.

Oct 19, 2013
New leak (thanks to GAF's @birthbysleep):

More Versus rumors hitting 4chan. Hard to follow but I believe it's from a new poster but claims to be getting information from the original guy who leaked the first XV plot details. Claims this story will be used for a Nomura Versus reboot and was part of his negotiations for taking on VIIR

What's more interesting is this guy is claiming the leaker sent him some concept art, concept footage/music or something and will post it.

Probably fake but it reads rather professionally.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/370528937

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Koozek, they are fake. The user here "Izunia" has been going to /v/ yesterday and today making fake "leaks" out of his fanfic. A majority of those posts in that /v/ thread are just the OP responding to himself and trying to shill his own fanfic as a leak.

Oct 19, 2013
Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
The thing is 100% bullshit, the person never posted any proof of anything. I don't know why everyone believes every random chucklefuck on /v/ that posts a "leak" is somehow real. One of them was and it was the guy that posted in May last year, but there hasn't been any subsequent accurate or even confirmed leaks.

Oct 19, 2013
The thing is 100% bullshit, the person never posted any proof of anything. I don't know why everyone believes every random chucklefuck on /v/ that posts a "leak" is somehow real. One of them was and it was the guy that posted in May last year, but there hasn't been any subsequent accurate or even confirmed leaks.
Obviously it's fanfic, lol. Just posted it for funsies (would've loved a twisted, dark FF for a change, though). EDIT: nvm.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
...the heck is with these "leaks" and their ridiculously high degree of forced edginess? It's like the people coming up with them are under the impression that Versus was the brainchild of Yoko Taro instead of Tetsuya Nomura.

Besides, everything Nomura's directed so far have had two signature elements --
villains who have a personal relationship with one or more of the main characters and enjoy making them uncomfortable and a favorable stance towards Christian iconography that results in it appearing in various ways throughout his works. Ardyn is a lot like (Advent Children) Sephiroth, who's a lot like Xehanort's Heartless, who's a lot like Marluxia, who's a lot like Maleficent, who's a lot like Xehanort. The Starscourge is a lot like a cross between Geostigma and the Heartless. Advent Children references baptism, Kingdom Hearts talks about sin and an individual who's actually three people, and FFXV ends with a close parallel to the Crucifixion.

It's very, very strange to me that no one who claims to be leaking information on the game realizes how much of Nomura's influence remains in the game as it presently exists or even attempts to craft a story that includes the recurring elements in Nomura's works. =P