Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Nice!

Great that they're continuously adding stuff into the game for every aspect of it

I'm only focusing on 2 games atm: FFXV and Zelda BOTW, so all these continuous updates gives me something to look forward to.

Don't have the time nor the energy to spread myself thin by playing and paying attention to too many games nowadays.

It's a rather unpopular opinion but thank goodness for updates being possible, as well as DLC.

Prolonging time spent on my fav titles is a good thing.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Nice!

Great that they're continuously adding stuff into the game for every aspect of it

I'm only focusing on 2 games atm: FFXV and Zelda BOTW, so all these continuous updates gives me something to look forward to.

It's a rather unpopular opinion but thank goodness for updates being possible, as well as DLC.
I believe updates and DLC would be taken a lot better overall if it wasn't for EA that imo does a majority of the damage in that aspect. I noticed from what little I watched with Zelda BOTW that world interaction is better than what it is in FFXV. I guess what I mean by that is that there are more opportunities of variety to use the environment to your advantage to take out a foe than what's present in FFXV. Despite that, FFXV does have my favorite team attacks as they are actually unique to each combination. Not all games that have such a feature have that.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I believe updates and DLC would be taken a lot better overall if it wasn't for EA that imo does a majority of the damage in that aspect. I noticed from what little I watched with Zelda BOTW that world interaction is better than what it is in FFXV. I guess what I mean by that is that there are more opportunities of variety to use the environment to your advantage to take out a foe than what's present in FFXV. Despite that, FFXV does have my favorite team attacks as they are actually unique to each combination. Not all games that have such a feature have that.
Only EA game I recall playing extensively was The Sims 2 - and all the many, many expansion packs released for it.

If that's what you meant by EA started the damage, then I can understand it. Got frustrating to keep up with all the expansions even though I ended up buying them cuz they made the experience all the more better.

Yeah the world interaction for Zelda is top notch. Multiple ways to kill enemies and solve puzzles, which is fantastic.

Agree that FFXV had the best team attacks. It's always a visual spectacle whenever they occur. Also varies depending on what weapon you're currently using.

I have noticed that Zelda has "copied", or obviously taken inspiration from FFXV though xD

The photo feature, cooking for buffs, and the
Red Moon
that FFXV was originally meant to have.

I swear the moment I saw it, I thought to myself "Yup, they got this from FFXV."

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/gematsu-community-games-year-2016-results-overall-game-year-vote

look who won best PS4 and Xbox game, best video game character and best ost ; )

the voting for best game of the year is on right now

obligatory "bu... but its unfinished!".gif
WOW holy shit. I know this site doesn't represent the whole community, but I am very surprised to see FFXV beat out Uncharted 4 and even more surprised to see it beat out Overwatch. I know the later got a tooooooon of love, along with a lot of toxic players as well sadly :(.
As FFXV stands as a whole, it is a complete experience. It is segmented, and I will always recommend somebody to watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood as well. I look at it from a business outlook as this: I wouldn't put time into different media sources only for people to ignore said things. I'd want people to partake in the other pieces as well and not look at them as throw-away stuff that can be ignored. FFXV is getting improvements, because we can mostly agree that there is room for that. BD2 are already addressing that even with the Time Limited Quests being more difficult than the normal content. The "incomplete" non-sense I do not support.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
If that's what you meant by EA started the damage, then I can understand it. Got frustrating to keep up with all the expansions even though I ended up buying them cuz they made the experience all the more better.

I have noticed that Zelda has "copied", or obviously taken inspiration from FFXV though xD

The photo feature, cooking for buffs, and the
Red Moon
that FFXV was originally meant to have.

I swear the moment I saw it, I thought to myself "Yup, they got this from FFXV."
I have no issues with a game taking inspiration from another ^_^. It can lead to great things afterall. I'll give you a current gen example with EA through Star Wars Battlefront. Originally, the game came out and it had no single player, a few multi-player maps, and a few modes. The season pass at the time costed $50 dollars.
There are a good number of videos on YouTube and probably other media outlets of players not liking this type of decision. This isn't the first time EA has been shady in this department either.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/gematsu-community-games-year-2016-results-overall-game-year-vote

look who won best PS4 and Xbox game, best video game character and best ost ; )

the voting for best game of the year is on right now

obligatory "bu... but its unfinished!".gif
All these wins xD

Goes to show the haters really are the loud, vocal minority.

Best OST? Was that even up for debate? Lol

Been listening to the Piano Collections CD nonstop ever since I got my hands on it cuz it's that good. I'm not surprised in the slightest, and well deserved too.

I have no issues with a game taking inspiration from another ^_^. It can lead to great things afterall. I'll give you a current gen example with EA through Star Wars Battlefront. Originally, the game came out and it had no single player, a few multi-player maps, and a few modes. The season pass at the time costed $50 dollars.
There are a good number of videos on YouTube and probably other media outlets of players not liking this type of decision. This isn't the first time EA has been shady in this department either.
Oh I love it when my favourite games incorporate the best parts of one game into it. The FFXV inspired stuff were great additions into the game, especially the cooking.

$50 for a season pass while the original game was missing that much stuff?

Well damn... yeah I could imagine the backlash and rage was something else O_O

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
What if one of these timed quests involve dealing with an Iron Giant....but this Iron Giant only takes 1 damage from any hit QQ?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
This is an interesting fanwork contribution to the community, I like this :)
The Unofficial FFXV Community Cookbook

I find this type of fan projects to be endearing and charming in so many levels :)
That is so freaking cool!

Man I honestly hope the dev team see this. I'm sure they'd be happy to see fans taking so well to the cooking and recipehs from the game.

Those look mighty delicious.

Charming and endearing indeed.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
That is so freaking cool!

Man I honestly hope the dev team see this. I'm sure they'd be happy to see fans taking so well to the cooking and recipehs from the game.

Those look mighty delicious.

Charming and endearing indeed.
It baffles me it isn't a thing. I would buy the damn thing, and I can't even cook.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It baffles me it isn't a thing. I would buy the damn thing, and I can't even cook.
I recall Tabata saying he did want a recipe cookbook, so we will have to wait and see.

Btw is anyone having trouble with getting the timed quest Dread Behemoth to appear?

Finally got the time to do it today. When I went to the area I saw it fighting to Dualhorns, but when I approached, damn MT's showed up, and it said "Timed quest aborted"

Reloaded the game and it's still not appearing. Am I screwed out of doing the quest now?

Edit: nvm had to leave and re enter the area.

Once again, that's a sick design for the Behemoth