Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
addressing the tone dissonance doesnt have anything to do with costumes, also its optional.

i'll prefer other types of course.
Everything in a game creates "tone". Plot, music, character design, world design as well as outfit design. I'm not against the idea of new/additional outfits; so long as they are not immersion-breaking and take their own plot (in this case, the Kingsglaive fighting for humanity's survival in a ravaged world) seriously.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Everything in a game creates "tone". Plot, music, character design, world design as well as outfit design. I'm not against the idea of new/additional outfits; so long as they are not immersion-breaking and take their own plot (in this case, the Kingsglaive fighting for humanity's survival in a ravaged world) seriously.
of course, and i would agree with you if that costume was mandatory.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
And here I am still begging for Nocts original versus attire and hair....come on square
The problem i find with this is the Versus outfit doesn't fit Noctis anymore.
In his original design he was taller, with a wide back and thicker waist.
Right now he wouldn't look that cool with that costume. But i will not deny i want to see it.

But i never understood why in Niffleheim he didn't tie his jacket and pulled up the neck. Using the cold and infiltration theme of the second part he would looked a lot like his first design.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Right now he wouldn't look that cool with that costume. But i will not deny i want to see it.

But i never understood why in Niffleheim he didn't tie his jacket and pulled up the neck. Using the cold and infiltration theme of the second part he would looked a lot like his first design.
Wow I never actually caught that, that would be cool.

Yeah and definitely true, but they could just give us the model that is already in the files with this stature and all. It still is to this day one of the coolest costumes

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I have to agree with Storm on this one, i hardly find an optional dlc outfit in a game where you can already dress up like a chocobo/crow mascot to be that much of a big deal.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I would agree with your point if only all this goofy stuff came with vanilla FFXV or as part of XV Season Pass but all this goofy adds-on are coming to a re-release of the game almost a year and 4 months later.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/2...ending/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

i honestly can't tell why this is necessary... even more considering the ending is one of the best parts of the game; i guess the alternative ending made some success...

Yeah, this is the one part of the the game they absolutely need to leave alone. They've even said, they are not changing the ending with the Royal Edition, which is key, so I guess they'd never alter it, but the fact that they are even thinking of wasting resources on "other options" like that is annoying.

Hopefully Episode Ardyn doesn't change the way the ending is delivered by any means (wherever and however they go through the scenario they have for him.

Feb 19, 2018

Honestly a costume change for when he's separated from the rest of the party would make perfect sense and would fit right in with all the other Bros getting new looks when they were separated as well. It would be really cool if he happened upon a prototype winter combat attire or something in one of the lockers at Gralea since it's in the middle of a frozen tundra and it could turn out to be the Versus outfit. They don't even have to do anything big for it, just patch in a short cutscene at the start of chapter 13 where when you pass by a locker and Noct stops to look for something warmer to wear cuz he's freezing.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/2...ending/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

i honestly can't tell why this is necessary... even more considering the ending is one of the best parts of the game; i guess the alternative ending made some success...
Why haven''t they gotten the message that we don't want a happy ending to this game? I doubt they'll even touch the main ending, but making another ending would be wasting resources. The only thing I hated about Episode Ignis was the alternative happy ending. If I was talking to Tabata, I would tell him to back away from the prospect of making an alternate happy ending, as it would ruin things and be a waste of resources, and that many of the fans don't want one. The only 'alternate ending' I would take would be Ardyn killing Noctis at the end, and keeping the World in Darkness, but I still wouldn't take a happy ending.

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I don't want anymore endings, I already found the addition of Ignis' alternative ending strange and unnecessary.

Thats time they could be using better spent elsewhere.
I feel the same way. Instead of that "happy" ending with Ignis they could have worked in more story telling aspects into the actual DLC. Or at least focusing on polishing it. Those scenes where the ships crash into the water were really unfinished.

Feb 19, 2018

i honestly can't tell why this is necessary... even more considering the ending is one of the best parts of the game; i guess the alternative ending the super happy ending is something just in a DLC like maybe in Episode Ardyn you can decide not to kill Luna or something and that causes a happy ending but I really hope it doesn't replace
Why haven''t they gotten the message that we don't want a happy ending to this game? I doubt they'll even touch the main ending, but making another ending would be wasting resources. The only thing I hated about Episode Ignis was the alternative happy ending. If I was talking to Tabata, I would tell him to back away from the prospect of making an alternate happy ending, as it would ruin things and be a waste of resources, and that many of the fans don't want one.
I think it's the Tumblr outcry that they've been listening to and are mistaking it for the wider fanbase. With how vocally that website declared Ignis' Verse 2 the canon ending it honestly doesn't surprise me but it does sadden me that Tabata may undo an extremely well done and artful ending just to quell a few people that can't handle a tragic ending. If this super happy ending does come to pass I'm really hoping it's not possible to attain in the mainline story and is relegated to an Episode like Iggy's was. Like maybe make it possible that you can redeem Ardyn in his DLC as an alternate choice by doing something different so you have a completely different timeline instead of mucking up the original one. Part of the reason Episode Ignis and the main game really worked for me was the fact that Verse 2 is effectively not even the same universe as XV's core game anymore (Verse 2 = Universe 2 in my mind). It's a diverging path and OG Noctis still died and it cemented that the mainline events are in fact set in stone. I don't want them undoing that and adding ambiguity to a perfectly decisive ending by saying "yeah this could've actually been avoided this whole time and neither ending holds anymore importance over the other."

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I think it's the Tumblr outcry that they've been listening to and are mistaking it for the wider fanbase. With how vocally that website declared Ignis' Verse 2 the canon ending it honestly doesn't surprise me but it does sadden me that Tabata may undo an extremely well done and artful ending just to quell a few people that can't handle a tragic ending. If this super happy ending does come to pass I'm really hoping it's not possible to attain in the mainline story and is relegated to an Episode like Iggy's was. Like maybe make it possible that you can redeem Ardyn in his DLC as an alternate choice by doing something different so you have a completely different timeline instead of mucking up the original one. Part of the reason Episode Ignis and the main game really worked for me was the fact that Verse 2 is effectively not even the same universe as XV's core game anymore (Verse 2 = Universe 2 in my mind). It's a diverging path and OG Noctis still died and it cemented that the mainline events are in fact set in stone. I don't want them undoing that and adding ambiguity to a perfectly decisive ending by saying "yeah this could've actually been avoided this whole time and neither ending holds anymore importance over the other."
It could be something like that, and Dualshocker's report of it said this.:

"Considering that Final Fantasy XV is going to have additional content all the way into 2019, it wouldn’t be too surprising if branching endings were added to satisfy those who felt unfulfilled by what we originally got."

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-super-happy-end-bad/

It also asks if fans want a super bad ending, but I don't want wasted resources. I would still love FFXV at the end of the day, but 'replacing' the ending we got would be a bad move. We need to make this known to Tabata.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Tabatas brain is not working well, maybe its the age or wathever.

Man, wtf is that, versus/ffxv story always meant to be a sad, tragic story and that has to be respected. How the hell, two years later, you have the balls to ask for anything like that (not talking bout the waste of resources) and being so calm? There are things, despite im doind my best to appreciate Tabatas work, that I wont understand.

Its not enough with that bull shit, fuck lore, that was the ending of ep.Ignis? Now are you asking for adding a new super happy/bad ending based on the feedback instead of respecting the story that was made? Even if you dont do anything just the fact you are asking for that its something to be worried.