Anime thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
so with the first season of AOT over, and no timeframe for the second season that I'm aware of, I decided to follow the manga.... I've only read two chapters so far, and my mind is already blown. there is a new variable into the mix and honestly, its appearance made me laugh for several minutes. it's so messed up, I have absolutely no idea how people will react when they see this part in the anime for the first time.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Anyone got some non shonen anime to reccomend? I'm waiting for Soul Eater Not! to return in Novemember now that Soul Eater ended, which made me sad, would be great if they pulled a FMA: Brotherhood and adapted the manga into a "season 2"

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
Anyone got some non shonen anime to reccomend? I'm waiting for Soul Eater Not! to return in Novemember now that Soul Eater ended, which made me sad, would be great if they pulled a FMA: Brotherhood and adapted the manga into a "season 2"
Monster and Cowboy Bebop, if you haven't watched them already. Shōnen encompasses a lot of (popular) anime, and to this day I'm not entirely sure which shows fall into that category...

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Monster and Cowboy Bebop, if you haven't watched them already. Shōnen encompasses a lot of (popular) anime, and to this day I'm not entirely sure which shows fall into that category...
I've seen Cowboy Bebop thanks to Adult Swim. DIdn't see Monster though.

Let me rephrase: I meant anything that tries to avoid the typical shonen stuff, I think there is a catagory called Seinen for manga where the more mature stuff are, I think Shiki falls into that catagory.

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
I've seen Cowboy Bebop thanks to Adult Swim. DIdn't see Monster though.

Let me rephrase: I meant anything that tries to avoid the typical shonen stuff, I think there is a catagory called Seinen for manga where the more mature stuff are, I think Shiki falls into that catagory.
Thanks for your response, Tsukiyomi. So, any show that relies on your average shōnen tropes, then? I haven't heard of Shiki before. Anyway, I would give Monster a try. Engaging, haunting, superb.

5 Centimeters Per Second is also a good one. I have trouble recalling anime that have stuck with me, such as FMA: Brotherhood and Code Geass (and Free!). Hope you find something enjoyable!

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I think the last anime I watched was... Hetalia World Series? Pretty cute, although they abandoned the theme song I liked from Axis Powers. I'm gonna give Digimon a re-watch soon, and I think it might be time to watch Chrono Crusade again.

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
If there is anime I like that would tell others to watch it would be Last Exile from Gonzo, Its a streampunk show with a mystery of something called "Exile" that most of the cast is chasing after. Its a really good show and one I tell even non anime fans to watch.

Last edited:

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
I've been watching AoT (Gonna start the manga soon), and now I'm slowly watching Death Note, and I'm going to start Soul Eater soon. I've also been rewatching Mawaru Penguindrum and Code Geass almost obsessively. Both are so good ;;.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Let me explain a bit about Shiki to see if it interests some of you.

It's a horror/mystery (Early episodes are more mystery, then supernatural, then horror) There are alot of characters, the 2 main ones are a Doctor trying to figure out what's causing the sudden illness and death of the residents of the town, and a student that starts to think the people that died aren't really dead.

Best summary I can give without spoiling, sorry if it's a bit vague. It has SUPERB voice acting, and the story goes in a way you would never expect. Plus some of the hairstyles the characters have are beyond ridiculous.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
Let me explain a bit about Shiki to see if it interests some of you.

It's a horror/mystery (Early episodes are more mystery, then supernatural, then horror) There are alot of characters, the 2 main ones are a Doctor trying to figure out what's causing the sudden illness and death of the residents of the town, and a student that starts to think the people that died aren't really dead.

Best summary I can give without spoiling, sorry if it's a bit vague. It has SUPERB voice acting, and the story goes in a way you would never expect. Plus some of the hairstyles the characters have are beyond ridiculous.
I'm adding this to the list of things to watch, honestly. Does this have a lot of gore in it? I don't watch horror, like ever, and I'm not sure how much gore is in a typical horror anime i suppose?

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I'm adding this to the list of things to watch, honestly. Does this have a lot of gore in it? I don't watch horror, like ever, and I'm not sure how much gore is in a typical horror anime i suppose?
At the risk of turning you off from it..yes it does have gore. Just enough to make think "ew"

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
At the risk of turning you off from it..yes it does have gore. Just enough to make think "ew"
Well, I mean I've never really watched a lot of gore so I honestly couldn't tell you if I didn't like it or not. I'll be giving it a shot anyways :eek:

how do I watch 290 anime at once though that is the real problem here

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
10 manga? That's crazy...as for anime, I can barely juggle Attack On Titan and RWBY at the same time, I feel ya.
The ones I currently read don't update frequently, and certainly not on a weekly basis, except maybe Detective Conan from time to time.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Anyone Seen Shiki? I saw all 25 episodes On Demand thanks to funimation free.
Absolutely amazing! And I tried to watch it just before going to bed! Bloody stuff! Sadistic! :D Really enjoyed the finale!

I'm currently a huge fan of Naruto and Fairy Tail (which I hope it will continue sometime) and Bleach back then.
The Fate series are true masterpieces and highly recommended! I also enjoyed Claymore, Sword Art Online and I am a huge fan of DeathNote! Guilty Crown was an obsession for me the last two years also, as it was Zetsuen no Tempest (I'm an Hamlet fan)...

I was sad to hear that Kaze no Stigma would not continue as Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu wouldn't either.

Back then when I was little, I really loved Digimon and Pokemon (the first two-three seasons), as I was a bit obsessed with Sailor Moon which was followed by MM Power Rangers in TV here! :p

At the moment I'm watching Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (a bit crazy imo), Shingeki no Kyoujin too and in summer I finished Shakugan no Shana (so nice)... I'm also a huge fan of the Avatar series (even though they are not Japanese), especially of the new The Legend of Korra...