Anime thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
I'm sure Zack will be in to point this out, but he, Erren and some of the other RPG Site/Nova Crystallis/UFF people have been casually working on a small anime side project site for a while, gradually building it up. http://www.crimsonfantasia.com/. Definitely worth a little look.

RandomCuriosity.net is my bread and butter Anime blog. I wish crimson would have more opinion. But its a good effort for how new it is

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
To be perfectly honest, AoT is absolutely NOT my thing and I will probably never be able to enjoy it. I don't bag on other people for liking it though, unless they try to get me to watch/read it constantly. Even then I only do so to annoy them into leaving me alone about it.

I've enjoyed a variety of anime including Outlaw Star, Fruit's Basket, Inuyasha (although it's basically a soap opera, I know), Chrono Crusade, and more. I am open to both English and Japanese casts generally speaking, although some anime I prefer in one language or the other.

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
Episode 25 of Shingeki No Kyojin this Saturday...holy crap, this is going to be intense. I'm not much of a manga person anymore so I've only read a few future chapters in the SNK manga. Either way, people can say AoT is overrated...but this is one thing I actually think deserves every word of praise it gets.
At the end of every episode I say the same thing, "BRAVO!"

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
What don't you like about it? I'm not trying to convert you, honestly. Just curious. :)
It's a little too graphically violent for my anime tastes, the subject matter itself falls into an area I'm mostly disinterested in, the art style isn't really appealing to me, etc.

The only remotely bloody or gorey anime I've ever enjoyed was Elfin Lied, and I have no idea why. I only liked it the first time around, and after that I pretty much had to listen to it because I couldn't stomach watching it.

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
Elfen Lied actually makes me somewhat sick to my stomach, too. There's something psychotic about a split personality woman going around half-cat lady, nice and innocent as can be, then turning around into a merciless murderer that...well, yeah. I see your point, though.
Its those kind of things that make me love Anime oh so much! Elfin Lied is in my top 5 favs for sure

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
The idea that nature itself might develop some kind of ridiculous superpredator as an immune system type response to a too-destructive human race was very interesting to me when I first watched Elfin Lied. I'm sure it's something that has been done to death by now, but at the time it was pretty fresh.

Phantasy MAGE

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
twitter.com
I spoiled myself with the female titan...but honestly I kind of figured it out as soon as I saw her.
It was as obvious as the Armored Titan's. The only unexpected one is the Colossal Titan since he barely looks like any character. of the show.

This reminds me that I've been neglecting the anime series I've been following the past season (Too much FFXIV). I'll have to get back to it before the new series start. I'll most likely be watching Infinite Stratos' 2nd season among (lot of) other shows whose names I can't remember. I wasn't intending to watch IS again since I didn't like the first season, but reading the light novels renewed my interest.

I'm also looking forward to Kill La Kill. After that aweosme little OAV named Little Witch Academia, I'm very eager to see what Trigger has in stores for this new series!

Amicitia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
I've been trying to catch up to some anime since 2 years ago but I've been real slow. Let's see here... I'll just mention the ones I can remember from the top of my head that I liked the most!

Kuroko no Basket along with Free! were both enjoyable and entertaining sports anime and I can't wait for their second seasons. There's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Durarara!! (still sad it didn't get a second season), err, the first arc of SAO (because the fairy arc was trash imo)and... Ah! The Magi: Labrynth of Magic manga is brilliant, though I haven't tried out the anime adaptation. I cried many many tears for Ano Hana, and there's also Psycho-Pass. Psycho-Pass had a lot of interesting ideas but it had an unsatisfying ending, so I'm looking forward to the next season.

I have to say the 2 series that I got really into the most recently were Fate/Zero and Attack On Titan. Caught up to the latter's story in the manga and it's currently one of my obsessions. I can't wait for the former's sequel remake too; I think it's widely known that the first Fate/Stay Night anime adaptation was at most can be described as mediocre, so I'm looking forward to Ufotable doing it justice.

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
That's what I'm talkin' about. Mikasa and Levi are my faves (but good lord I do NOT pair them), followed by...Armin I suppose. Eren gets on my nerves sometimes because I feel like he's completely blinded by his goal of killing all of the titans...for once I wish he'd appreciate Mikasa. Perhaps in subtle ways he does, but damnit if there weren't times where he was a complete dick to her...
I feel Erens deal is he's sick of being protected and wants to be free and independent. It seems Mikasa is a LOT stronger then he his(physically&mentally), and Eren wants to break free from depending on her, and being traped by the Titans. Mikasa on the other hand just wants whats best for Eren, and doesn't want him to die. Mikasa's desire to protect sometimes will conflict Eren's wants.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Uuuughhh, I need to see the Disgaea anime. I bet it's hilarious.

I also find Digimon to be quite enjoyable. They recently added the first two groups of Digidestined to Netflix in both English and Japanese, so I went a liiiiittle bit crazy watching it. TK and Kari are so adorable. <3