ATR Translation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Pointless shitshow, no comments.

What about new cutscenes? Oh yeah, fuck roadmap that you already announced.
The new cutscene part is the mid-term goal, they literally just discussed their short-term outline in the ATR....

New cutscenes take some time to develop especially when you have a game sporting four audio languages, thus needing to schedule the same cast again.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
According to Gematsu article translation, in chapter 13 you´ll be able to play as Gladio for a short time.
Really like this. I hope that with these DLC's and sequential updates, they add little story segments that allow you to play as the other characters temporarily. If you own the DLC's as well, I'm really hoping they give you the ability to play the characters during the main segments as well.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Would be pretty sick if they did the same with Luna in Altissia, short scenario extension and all.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Would be pretty sick if they did the same with Luna in Altissia, short scenario extension and all.
One thing i get after this ATR, they could care less about Luna. At this point i don't even expect them to add even simple cutscenes with Luna.
6 months later its gonna be like "We promised you Ravus, there is one more cutscene with Ravus, please be excited"

Goddamn im mad.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Too early to assume that imo, if by the end of their mid-term plan we don't get a whiff of scenes out of her then i'd agree.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Too early to assume that imo, if by the end of their mid-term plan we don't get a whiff of scenes out of her then i'd agree.
I have no hopes after Tabata said about survey, knowing people's dumb demandings like off-road driving and other pointless stuff its safe to assume that actual meaningful cutscenes will be always aftertough. Even more so, thats required tons of work with localization teams, it will be easier for them to continue to bring shit like goofy outfits and time-limited hunts. :oops:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
While I don't agree with most of Slain's complaints, the survey in question does have me worried. I cannot recall if it was Nova and DrBretto who warned against this becoming a game designed by committee. I agree with that sentiment, so while fan feedback is nice and all, it also feels as if they are taking it a bit far with how much they are considering. I mean, the off-roading is nice, but is it necessary? You can already walk or ride a chocobo. Some criticisms and complaints need to be dismissed completely sometimes. I feel that this may be one of them if that's the reason behind the off-roading Regalia. Overall, things look quite promising. Gladio's DLC is coming together well. As is Prompto's. Really looking forward to that one since it seems like it will delve into his darker side. Best of all, the PRO patch is confirmed for this month. I'd say the team has done well thus far.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
While I don't agree with most of Slain's complaints, the survey in question does have me worried. I cannot recall if it was Nova and DrBretto who warned against this becoming a game designed by committee. I agree with that sentiment, so while fan feedback is nice and all, it also feels as if they are taking it a bit far with how much they are considering. I mean, the off-roading is nice, but is it necessary? You can already walk or ride a chocobo. Some criticisms and complaints need to be dismissed completely sometimes. I feel that this may be one of them if that's the reason behind the off-roading Regalia. Overall, things look quite promising. Gladio's DLC is coming together well. As is Prompto's. Really looking forward to that one since it seems like it will delve into his darker side. Best of all, the PRO patch is confirmed for this month. I'd say the team has done well thus far.
Didn't one of the previews (maybe GameInformer) say that they could go off-road? I wonder if this is something that couldn't finish by release and figured they'd throw in now that they have more time.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Didn't one of the previews (maybe GameInformer) say that they could go off-road? I wonder if this is something that couldn't finish by release and figured they'd throw in now that they have more time.
Yes I also recall watching that video. One of the female panelists said she drove off the road and crashed into rocks cuz she wanted to purposely mess up the car.

I would be happy with the ability to drive through a pack of sabertusks and plow through a herd of garula's since it's already been established that Noctis and co. are a dangerous threat to natural wildlife cuz they're assholes xD

With that said I hope a different team will be working on this feature so all the other parts don't get slowed down. If someone is more familiar with the development process, feel free to correct me on this.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
If true that's fine. I have no issue with features that the developers personally want to see in the game being added after the fact. However, the developers should also be careful to go meet fan demand to only harm the overall development process since they potentially could be working on projects they don't approve of. I mean, if the development team doesn't have additional material for Luna then they shouldn't shoehorn her in the game further to meet a vocal minority at the risk of other more favorable projects.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I cannot recall if it was Nova and DrBretto who warned against this becoming a game designed by committee.
That was me, and I agree with the rest of your post. I actually found the idea that they're looking into wasting resources letting people go off-road to be kind of alarming. There's listening to feedback, which is on the surface a good thing, but there's letting the fans build the game, and that's not good.

1) Everyone wants something different
2) Those different things are often directly contradictory to each other
3) In general, people are stupid. Especially people having emotional knee jerk reactions on the internet. Or to be more politically correct, given the anonymity and ease of the internet, people don't need to think it through before posting. They can just say whatever they think is true, and as long as a couple of follower fish latch onto it, it becomes a things. See: Trump, President. Because that's how that shit happens.

Just because people are bitching about something doesn't mean it's necessarily broken. It MIGHT be broken, sure. But it doesn't mean it is. Nor does it mean that the people complaining about it have any idea how to fix it. Listen to the fans enough to see what you need to take a look at, but take a look at it and really see if it's worth changing. Don't just toss them a few bones because it's not that hard to implement.

I take back anything I said to anyone who previously complained about Tabata's lack of confidence in his own vision and letting the fans vote on things. I saw it differently before because I just couldn't wrap my head around the idea that he was really asking if he should include moogles or not, but I'm starting to think that wasn't the public placation that I originally interpreted it as.

The game needs a backbone. Or 2 years from now it's going to be one great big jumbled mess of everyone's short-sighted wishes, that those same people will still bitch about.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'll just wait and see, at the moment the only "unnecesary wasting resource fandemand" that we're probably getting is the of-rail Regalia, the other stuff (chapter 13 fixes) that we're getting is still within the realm of what's "agreed" to be "necesary fixes".

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
That was me, and I agree with the rest of your post. I actually found the idea that they're looking into wasting resources letting people go off-road to be kind of alarming. There's listening to feedback, which is on the surface a good thing, but there's letting the fans build the game, and that's not good.
Is it really "letting the fans build the game" to use fan requests to determine which non-critical but desirable elements to push?

Neither Moogles nor off-road driving are contradictory to the game's vision. If Tabata didn't want Moogles, he wouldn't have asked the fans about them to begin with, since the fan response could be easily assumed... and the off-road driving was part of the game prior to release, even if it had to be cut to meet the deadline.

Both of those things feel more like Kickstarter stretch goals than pure "design by feedback"... and while that's certainly strange for a AAA title, I'm not convinced it's a bad thing.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I'm really not worried about "design by committee." If anything (like the Episode Duscae surveys), it'll show what features on their roadmap they might bump up on their Kanban board.

I would think something like off-roading is more of a technical exercise with its primary purpose being the further evolution of Luminous Studio. And it's not like they have all BD2 resources dedicated to this - probably a small team working with existing assets on a feature branch.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Is it really "letting the fans build the game" to use fan requests to determine which non-critical but desirable elements to push?

Neither Moogles nor off-road driving are contradictory to the game's vision. If Tabata didn't want Moogles, he wouldn't have asked the fans about them to begin with, since the fan response could be easily assumed... and the off-road driving was part of the game prior to release, even if it had to be cut to meet the deadline.

Both of those things feel more like Kickstarter stretch goals than pure "design by feedback"... and while that's certainly strange for a AAA title, I'm not convinced it's a bad thing.
I think where we disagree is whether or not it conflicts with the vision. I don't think it's a big deal, but I think it was very much intentional to separate chocobo usage from driving. It gives them both a defined role in the game.

But, I'm just using it as an example of something I'm noticing and not particularly liking the direction of. I am not suggesting anyone gathers their pitchforks or anything. It's mostly a principle issue for me because I don't like the precedent. That is an example of a kind of feedback that should have been considered and dismissed as against the vision, not to mention totally unnecessary, especially since I don't think I read a single complaint about that for months. It was a hot button topic pre release, but it looked to me like the fans git it by the time they played it and ride their chocobo.

I see it like they failed to recognize the difference between a valid complaint and a misunderstanding. I find it somewhat concerning is all.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I think where we disagree is whether or not it conflicts with the vision. I don't think it's a big deal, but I think it was very much intentional to separate chocobo usage from driving. It gives them both a defined role in the game.
If disallowing off-road travel was intentional, though, why in the world would they have let journalists play with it prior to release?

We're not dealing with a feature of unknown provenance here. The off-road Regalia is blatantly a restoration of cut content.

But, I'm just using it as an example of something I'm noticing and not particularly liking the direction of. I am not suggesting anyone gathers their pitchforks or anything. It's mostly a principle issue for me because I don't like the precedent. That is an example of a kind of feedback that should have been considered and dismissed as against the vision, not to mention totally unnecessary, especially since I don't think I read a single complaint about that for months. It was a hot button topic pre release, but it looked to me like the fans git it by the time they played it and ride their chocobo.

I see it like they failed to recognize the difference between a valid complaint and a misunderstanding. I find it somewhat concerning is all.
And what I'm saying is that restoring cut content that was clearly intended to part of the game can't possibly be an example of letting fans interfere with the game's vision. It's like being mad that the fan restoration patch of KOTOR2 got official support.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If disallowing off-road travel was intentional, though, why in the world would they have let journalists play with it prior to release?

We're not dealing with a feature of unknown provenance here. The off-road Regalia is blatantly a restoration of cut content.
You may want to re read the descriptions from those previews. They could get off the roads, but the car would auto pull it back towards the roads. They just fixed it by adding the invisible walls. That's unfinished content, not cut content. You were clearly never intended to go off-roading with the Regalia.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
You may want to re read the descriptions from those previews. They could get off the roads, but the car would auto pull it back towards the roads. They just fixed it by adding the invisible walls. That's unfinished content, not cut content. You were clearly never intended to go off-roading with the Regalia.
Do you really think that they'll make the car stop being magnetized to the road when you aren't intentionally trying to take it off-road? Even the Type-F has that sort of automation. I don't think it makes any sense to assume that the ability to go off-road in demo builds was a result of the game being unfinished just because the car still wanted to stay in its lane; presumably, if the developers intended to remove the ability to go off-road, they'd have told the previewers not to bring it up. =P