Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Brotherhood: FFXV Episode 1 Discussion

What are your thoughts on the first Episode of Final Fantasy XV's Anime series, Brotherhood?

I can't say that I watch Anime, but how can I not watch this? I want me some FFXV. I watched the first episode last night and it's a nice little introduction. I enjoy the banter between the group and I look forward to see how the relationships transfer in to the game.

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
I think it's pretty good so far! I used to be huge on anime but that was some time ago, so this is the first anime episode that I've sat down to watch by myself in a while. I like that it was short; I lack an attention span for anime nowadays but I was able to focus entirely on it because of the length. Colors are very nice and the action sequence was really intense and fun. The best part is that I know that it's not just Anime; I know we'll be able to do very similar moves in the actual game, and that's a great thing to know. Definitely a nice introduction and I look forward to seeing how the guys became friends. Too bad we'll have to wait 2 months for the next episode, though.

What are your thoughts on the first Episode of Final Fantasy XV's Anime series, Brotherhood?

I can't say that I watch Anime, but how can I not watch this? I want me some FFXV. I watched the first episode last night and it's a nice little introduction. I enjoy the banter between the group and I look forward to see how the relationships transfer in to the game.
There ya go. I liked it. It is a nice little look into world and main characters of the game. I can't wait for the next episode and really can't wait for the film.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Can't say too much about the episode most of the stuff was already known for a long time, with exception of the Marilith incident.

As an introduction to FFXV, I think it did a decent job, the dialogue was definetely the highlight and animation was kinda Ok, nothing mindblowing, I would like them to up a bit in that department.

Two months for the next episode?! That seems like quite a long wait for a 10 minute episode. At least it will be two months closer to the 30th September, and I guess it's good that they're spreading out the content!

When that Marilith dropped from the ship I was like WHAT is that?! I didn't realise it was a remodelled creature from previous games as it's not something I remember seeing before. I'm liking it's design, and I really want to find out more about the incident with it that almost killed Noctis as a child.

I enjoyed it well enough but I don't feel compelled to see it again or anything. I also thought the animation would be a little better. My favorite part was when

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
For a free Anime, I thought the animation was just fine. I saw it after reading comments from people, but frankly, and I mean no offense to anyone, but "people on the internet" sometimes need to get their expectations in check.

In the anime, kid notcis seems to be laying in a pool of someone's blood. Do we know who's yet? Is that his mother, maybe?

Lucina

AVALANCHE Warrior
For a free Anime, I thought the animation was just fine. I saw it after reading comments from people, but frankly, and I mean no offense to anyone, but "people on the internet" sometimes need to get their expectations in check.

In the anime, kid notcis seems to be laying in a pool of someone's blood. Do we know who's yet? Is that his mother, maybe?
You are a person on the internet.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Are you saying you don't see how some people are feeding off of each other? Or how it'd be easier to talk sense into an individual than it would be to a crowd of people feeding off each other?

Lucina

AVALANCHE Warrior
Are you saying you don't see how some people are feeding off of each other? Or how it'd be easier to talk sense into an individual than it would be to a crowd of people feeding off each other?
You're speaking about very general things; talked about a very general thing. The only consistent comments I've personally heard about the episode are saying that Noctis is Sasuke. So people should've expected Noctis instead of Sasuke? I don't get it.

And for some reason this ties into the notion that some alleged concensus, by many random people on the internet, is a sign of an arbitrary concept such as, 'feeding off of each other'. I don't get this. Tell you what, though; my entire life, as it is, has been the result of myself feeding off of others. My mom's mammary milk? Check. My dinner of fried chicken last night? Well, it was KFC, so check. My useless education? I give them money, they give me lecture slides, so check. My non-existent social life? At least I have Twitter. Check. I don't quite remember sex ed anymore, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to feed off of an external organ to get a baby somehow, too. I do a lot of 'feeding off of' on my own, pretty much. I am still a person, no? Or am I just dumb like the others?

My impression of you is that you're the kind of person who likes to chastise people when they don't fit snugly into your general perception of how things should work. Nothing wrong with that but, to be frank, we'll likely not get along. Also, you should know that this is a forum where I like to exercise my satire. Don't take things too seriously. I've not been here since Duscae 2.0, but it is what I do. I guess that was hard to gather when my return to this forum involved a detailed (well, not so detailed, really) analysis of Platinum Demo's battle system, to which you responded with thy praise to some sort of meme about abaci; of which, I gather, was concocted by the gamefaqs masses. Kind of a dumb meme if you ask me.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
You're speaking about very general things; talked about a very general thing. The only consistent comments I've personally heard about the episode are saying that Noctis is Sasuke. So people should've expected Noctis instead of Sasuke? I don't get it.

And for some reason this ties into the notion that some alleged concensus, by many random people on the internet, is a sign of an arbitrary concept such as, 'feeding off of each other'. I don't get this. Tell you what, though; my entire life, as it is, has been the result of myself feeding off of others. My mom's mammary milk? Check. My dinner of fried chicken last night? Well, it was KFC, so check. My useless education? I give them money, they give me lecture slides, so check. My non-existent social life? At least I have Twitter. Check. I don't quite remember sex ed anymore, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to feed off of an external organ to get a baby somehow, too. I do a lot of 'feeding off of' on my own, pretty much. I am still a person, no? Or am I just dumb like the others?

My impression of you is that you're the kind of person who likes to chastise people when they don't fit snugly into your general perception of how things should work. Nothing wrong with that but, to be frank, we'll likely not get along. Also, you should know that this is a forum where I like to exercise my satire. Don't take things too seriously. I've not been here since Duscae 2.0, but it is what I do. I guess that was hard to gather when my return to this forum involved a detailed (well, not so detailed, really) analysis of Platinum Demo's battle system, to which you responded with thy praise to some sort of meme about abaci; of which, I gather, was concocted by the gamefaqs masses. Kind of a dumb meme if you ask me.
First of all, what are you even talking about? You want to see the gamefaqs in me, this is how to do it. And remember, you were the one to drop the snide comment. Perhaps you should have asked for clarification instead.

My comment, which had nothing to do with you in the first place, was about people's expectations on the level of quality for a free animation to help promote their product. Higher quality means more money. Money they aren't going to spend on an optional promotional item such as this. I'm the kind of person who likes to remind people that things like a demo that comes out 6 months before the game's actual release date isn't supposed to have the polish of a finished product, or that a free anime short isn't going to have the kind of a budget that your typical high profile Anime will have. So, if you were expecting more, I'm here to let you know that your expectations are off. This has nothing to do with your personal taste.

The reason the group mentality comes into play is that people on the internet that have no concept of the kinds of budgets these projects have, or have no idea about the process of creating a massive video game, so someone starts shouting about frame rates, then someone else adds their gripe in, etc, until people who otherwise wouldn't have noticed it are joining in on the chorus. Then someone like me that understands why the demo dips down to 25 FPS here and there, or in this case, why the Anime looks relatively inexpensive, if I try to explain that to someone, then the herd thinks they know better because they're feeding off each other. You see how that works?

In short, what I'm saying here is that the anime is alright for what it is. Critiquing the production quality is ridiculous.

Literally everything else you jsut pulled out of your ass came from your own head, though. So I'm going to recommend asking for clarification before you start accusing people of things. I wasn't even talking to you int he first place.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
First of all, what are you even talking about? You want to see the gamefaqs in me, this is how to do it. And remember, you were the one to drop the snide comment. Perhaps you should have asked for clarification instead.

My comment, which had nothing to do with you in the first place, was about people's expectations on the level of quality for a free animation to help promote their product. Higher quality means more money. Money they aren't going to spend on an optional promotional item such as this. I'm the kind of person who likes to remind people that things like a demo that comes out 6 months before the game's actual release date isn't supposed to have the polish of a finished product, or that a free anime short isn't going to have the kind of a budget that your typical high profile Anime will have. So, if you were expecting more, I'm here to let you know that your expectations are off. This has nothing to do with your personal taste.

The reason the group mentality comes into play is that people on the internet that have no concept of the kinds of budgets these projects have, or have no idea about the process of creating a massive video game, so someone starts shouting about frame rates, then someone else adds their gripe in, etc, until people who otherwise wouldn't have noticed it are joining in on the chorus. Then someone like me that understands why the demo dips down to 25 FPS here and there, or in this case, why the Anime looks relatively inexpensive, if I try to explain that to someone, then the herd thinks they know better because they're feeding off each other. You see how that works?

In short, what I'm saying here is that the anime is alright for what it is. Critiquing the production quality is ridiculous.

Literally everything else you jsut pulled out of your ass came from your own head, though. So I'm going to recommend asking for clarification before you start accusing people of things. I wasn't even talking to you int he first place.
I think you missed her point, she's saying that people have the right to perceive things as they wish, using the excuse "oh it's just people on the internet they don't know any better" is a way for you to dismiss the opinions of others that don't align with yours. That was her point, nothing pulled from her ass or whatever. A bit wordy? Yes, but out of perhaps annoyance.

Anyways, not my concern, I'm not invested in this; just wanted to explain.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
I think you missed her point, she's saying that people have the right to perceive things as they wish, using the excuse "oh it's just people on the internet they don't know any better" is a way for you to dismiss the opinions of others that don't align with yours. That was her point, nothing pulled from her ass or whatever. A bit wordy? Yes, but out of perhaps annoyance.

Anyways, not my concern, I'm not invested in this; just wanted to explain.
Which would make sense if we were talking about a design choice. I made a fairly general comment about how people are expecting more than they should out of this free promotional video. And not even talking about anyone in particular. This IS a free promotional video. It IS a tiny budget throw in and expectations SHOULD be tempered as such. This has nothing to do with the content, which is totally subjective.

And frankly she was kind of rude about it right off the bat, too.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
I just went back and re read all this and I'm pretty sure both Leon and lucina added some kind of extra tone to my post, and I can sort of see why, with the quotes around some people on the internet. However, those are in quotes because I was trying to make sure I worded it in a way that no one here could think I was referring to them. Literally just popped in to say I had read a bunch of people trashing it's quality on the internet, but that I liked it and thought it was pretty good considering what it was.

But frankly, the way you both reacted to it kind of makes me not really want to be here anymore. I thought this place was different. But you jump to your conclusions and go on the offensive anyway. Good show.

Last edited: