Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Brotherhood: FFXV Episode 1 Discussion

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
I just went back and re read all this and I'm pretty sure both Leon and lucina added some kind of extra tone to my post, and I can sort of see why, with the quotes around some people on the internet. However, those are in quotes because I was trying to make sure I worded it in a way that no one here could think I was referring to them. Literally just popped in to say I had read a bunch of people trashing it's quality on the internet, but that I liked it and thought it was pretty good considering what it was.

But frankly, the way you both reacted to it kind of makes me not really want to be here anymore. I thought this place was different. But you jump to your conclusions and go on the offensive anyway. Good show.
Eh? I said I have no investment, don't take it so personally. I agree with you that people should contain their expectations for a free anime as well, I was simply explaining her position. With only 6 episodes with a lower budget, I think it's good quality for what it is, anyone who complains in a way that comes off as being entitled are definitely in the wrong.

Lucina

AVALANCHE Warrior
I just went back and re read all this and I'm pretty sure both Leon and lucina added some kind of extra tone to my post, and I can sort of see why, with the quotes around some people on the internet. However, those are in quotes because I was trying to make sure I worded it in a way that no one here could think I was referring to them. Literally just popped in to say I had read a bunch of people trashing it's quality on the internet, but that I liked it and thought it was pretty good considering what it was.

But frankly, the way you both reacted to it kind of makes me not really want to be here anymore. I thought this place was different. But you jump to your conclusions and go on the offensive anyway. Good show.
I can add an extra tone to your post because text across the internet lacks tone to begin with. It's true that I may be at fault for misunderstanding, but I can tell you that I tend not to react positively to quotes that seem entitled such as, "'People on the internet' should," and, "People are dumb". I don't know you, just as you don't know me. If you think I have beef with you, it's because of the way you've been wording things and how my values perceive them.

Which has happened again in you saying, "But frankly, the way you both reacted to it kind of makes me not really want to be here anymore. I thought this place was different." Again, you try to propose this notion that someone should react to something in a certain way and should be representing the board in a certain way. This is a key thing that I've seen surrounding most of your posts that I don't like.

I think this one lacks snide, yes? I'm being outright honest with you this time. Speaking of honesty, I wasn't trying to be rude to you until you started saying, "People are dumb." If you want to say that I was the one to drop the snide comment, I can tell you, "Right back at ya."

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Hey tensions seem to be running a bit hot in here! Lets all relax a bit, DrBretto made some astonishingly good posts in the general news FFXV thread, so I don't agree all his posts are antagonistic. Still, I think this Brotherhood anime is bringing out a bit of animosity in the fans because it is a little light on content, but then what should we expect from something free. The animation is half-decent and the dialogue is pretty good. Lets just try to discuss about the episode and not make personal attacks, okay!

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Furthermore on the topic..

I think that the anime displayed a great indication of what to expect from the gang bonding together, and I'm pretty glad about it because of how familial it felt. The music was great too, nothing less expected from Shimomura.

Yes

I think that the anime displayed a great indication of what to expect from the gang bonding together, and I'm pretty glad about it because of how familial it felt. The music was great too, nothing less expected from Shimomura.
I enjoyed the music as well. From the music we've heard in the anime and in the demo I'm very interested to hear more!

Storm

Warrior of Light

oh is she doing the music for the anime as well?
loved the music playing on the camp scene at night, hope it's in the game.

Last edited:

Rin

Reformed
Shimomura's not doing the music; she was in charge of the music we heard in the Brotherhood trailer and some other themes, but that's about it for the extent of her involvement in Brotherhood. Her focus is on the main game.

Ragnarok

Balamb Garden Freshman
I haven't watched Japanese anime much, so I can't really compare it to other ones. I liked this episode though, especially the battle scene. It was nice to see some interaction between the main characters in the diner and camping scenes too. Also, Noctis removing all the green stuff from the hamburger... haha. :D