Cartanica glitch

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I thought there was going to be a lot more actual exploring when I clicked on this thread. xD; The game's engine basically requires open expanses you can see in the distance to exist in a form one could explore if they're able to glitch their way there, and you can see that terrain, its road, and the cars driving on it from the platform.

Now, if monsters spawned, there was a Leide-sized chunk of land to explore, or the video showed the entrance to the dungeon, I'd start wondering about things being cut. This video alone doesn't say much, though.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
yeah, maybe he'll post more videos.

i just think its weird how you see the dungeon in the distance and you are instantly there by using an elevator on the station; it badly screams cut content.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
yeah, maybe he'll post more videos.

i just think its weird how you see the dungeon in the distance and you are instantly there by using an elevator on the station; it badly screams cut content.
To be fair to the dev team, an open-world segment in an area that looks almost identical to Leide to which you never return and which you'd need to explore at walking speed would be a natural first candidate for the chopping block. >_>; If anything, the cut content would have amounted to little more than a drive between Cartanica station and the dungeon, possibly with the option to get out and fight a few monsters or camp or something.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
1 hour of exploration in Niflheim

=/

=/

=/

=/

i want to cry... for real
The amount of space there is to explore around the train is kind of incredible. o_o And some of it is really surreal, too -- I particularly like the train tracks coming right out of the ocean. XD

Do you think the town area near the beginning was the outpost whose name popped when you first got on the train (before you got to Cartanica)? I wasn't paying too much attention to the backgrounds at that point, so it seems like something of the sort could explain why there was so much stuff there.

...how long do you think it'll take for people to start "reconstructing" the empty areas via mods once we get a PC version?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The amount of space there is to explore around the train is kind of incredible. o_o And some of it is really surreal, too -- I particularly like the train tracks coming right out of the ocean. XD

Do you think the town area near the beginning was the outpost whose name popped when you first got on the train (before you got to Cartanica)? I wasn't paying too much attention to the backgrounds at that point, so it seems like something of the sort could explain why there was so much stuff there.

...how long do you think it'll take for people to start "reconstructing" the empty areas via mods once we get a PC version?
I think there entirely was. Remember they showed off a massive trainstation likely in a large town beforehand. It's not in the game anymore.

Edit: this whole thing also proves they had problems making the entire map in this area exploreable. Both Tenebrae and Gralea (in other videos) are not loaded if you just decide to run around the map, meaning they are loaded in their respective chapters instead. They are big empty spaces on the map until the chapters are loaded. Same with Insomnia. Hopefully someone can glitch out during those chapters. That would be awesome.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I think there entirely was. Remember they showed off a massive trainstation likely in a large town beforehand. It's not in the game anymore.

Edit: this whole thing also proves they had problems making the entire map in this area exploreable. Both Tenebrae and Gralea (in other videos) are not loaded if you just decide to run around the map, meaning they are loaded in their respective chapters instead. They are big empty spaces on the map until the chapters are loaded. Same with Insomnia. Hopefully someone can glitch out during those chapters. That would be awesome.
I'm definitely curious as to what that train station was intended to be =/

I don't think we can assume all too much from the fact that things don't load in when you glitch a chapter -- I suspect that an out of bounds glitch in Chapter 1 or 2 would result in stuff being missing in Duscae and Cleigne, since the game wouldn't necessarily get the cue to stream in more of the world. I'd assume that Chapter 11 is a Chapter 4 or Chapter 9 situation that really does require its own map for the sake of its set piece, though.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Thinking back on the roadmap they shared about the future updates for the game, I wonder are they gonna be expanding the map for Altissia.

I mean the work is already there, but time constraints disallowed them to make it a fully playable area.

All the glitches you've shared thus far goes to showcase the potential this game has.

All I hope is they fully realise it and make this a masterpiece since the foundation has already been laid.

The snowy areas could be all accessible in Episode Prompto, but I'm just speculating at this point.