DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY-News thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Since this game seens to have the attention of us all , why don't we have a general thread for this game ? From now on post anything relate to this game here please.

Also HYPE :happymog: !

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
New trailer

More details about the game but if you want a summary:
  • The game is scheduled for arcade release in Fall 2015 (JP).
  • Developed in collaboration between Koei Tecmo Games’ Team Ninja and Square Enix.
  • They´re utilizing the power of PS4 hardware for the development.
  • The game is running at 60 FPS.
  • The PS4 version will come ,at least, a year or so after the arcade release.
  • Battles will be 3 vs 3.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Square Enix will be holding a location test for the game starting on April 17th at the following locations:

April 17 to 19 (10:00 to 24:00)

• HEY (Akihabara, Tokyo)
  • Sendai Leisurelan Ichibansho Store (Sendai, Miyagi)
  • Nagoya Leisurelan Sasashima Store (Nagoya, Aichi)
April 24 to 26 (10:00 to 24:00)

• Sega Ikebukuro GiGO (Ikebukuro, Tokyo)
  • Round One Stadium Sennichimae Store (Sennichimae, Osaka)
  • Taito Station Fukuoka Tenjin Store (Tenjin, Fukuoka)

Mar 23, 2015
Yesss im soooo hype. I mostly stay on top of Mainline Final Fantasies such as Final Fantasy XV but this looks so great, i might make videos on it... that is if i read and research the wazoo outta this game lol.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I'm glad Square-Enix is considering porting. Here's to a worldwide release in 2016. Having this and Final Fantasy XV within the same year would be a delightful treat.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Dissidia Final Fantasy will launch in arcades with 14 characters at first.
Confirmed characters (out of the 14) :
  1. Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy I)
  2. Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
  3. Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
  4. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
  5. Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
  6. Y’Shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
  7. Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
New gameplay video

Sep 26, 2013
I'm betting a large chunk of this roster is going to be based on Curtain Call's roster and that's not really a bad thing as it covers a lot of good and important characters.

As long as they don't ignore FFVI, which they did with Duodecim and one reason why I didn't buy the game, I'll be happy. They ignored FFIX as well.

Games like this are all about serving that fanbase and giving them the characters they want. It's why Super Smash Bros. is the big hit it is today (and yet people still complain about not getting the Nintendo characters they want). Final Fantasy just so happens to have a large number of characters people like who are not the main protagonist and villain.

It has me pretty excited that they're shooting for such a large number cause it tells me that they understand this. Admittedly, it's probably the only reason I'm excited for this right now too.

They should do fan voting like Nintendo is doing with Super Smash Bros. too. See what characters fans really want.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
They should do fan voting like Nintendo is doing with Super Smash Bros. too. See what characters fans really want.
That would cause a problem, most of the voted characters would be from most "liked" FF--such as 6/7/9/10 for ex-- and ignore a large buch of others characters, like who would vote for: Desch, Xande, Refia, Leena or any character from pre FFIV (considering that FFIV was named FFII in USA) or FFXI onward.

The perfect roster for me should 2 heroes and 2 antagonist per FF game giving equality to all games (more or less)

Last edited: