Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Ah, so Ardyn revealed to be a Caelum only at Chapter 15 in the old ver.

I'm glad he doesn't come to the camp just to give you maps, he appears enough already and more of those encounters would only cheapen his presence.

Noctis collecting moonlight in the Crystal was something I wish that remained.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
It certainly seems like the concept for Episode Ignis that existed when the Season Pass was first announced was completely different from what we eventually got -- based on some early comments about Episode Ignis being strategic, I'm wondering if the initial plan might have been to do a pseudo-RTS or SRPG where you use the three bros (and maybe some Altissian units) to evacuate as many civilians as possible without many major surprises in the story.

I am so much happier with the version that actually released. XD

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
It certainly seems like the concept for Episode Ignis that existed when the Season Pass was first announced was completely different from what we eventually got -- based on some early comments about Episode Ignis being strategic, I'm wondering if the initial plan might have been to do a pseudo-RTS or SRPG where you use the three bros (and maybe some Altissian units) to evacuate as many civilians as possible without many major surprises in the story.

I am so much happier with the version that actually released. XD
It also sounds like the starting point was going to be Ignis and the groups perspective from when Luna awoke leviathan, rather than starting after Noct had already fought Leviathan and Titan being summoned then punching the ground causing a tidal wave. They did also mention that originally they were gonna have Ravus be the end boss for Ep Ignis but they added the part with him fighting Ardyn after the Ravus boss after that.

Based on that script there it also doesn't seem like Aranea would have actually appeared in Ep Ignis, rather it sounds like she would've only been on the comms in voice form like how Camelia and Wheskam are in the final one too.

FeniX_TX_

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jul 15, 2018
Is impressive how there's still so much interest and work being done datamining this game, I believe there was no more substantial datamining done to FFVIIR beyond the demo. I finished that game, loved it for the most part, but I still check here every once in a while. I wonder if FFXV hadn't changed so much during development, if it retained more of it's early ideas, if it was a Nomura game, if it felt more "complete", would there be the same amount of interest still going on? I feel that with the scope it had, it was never gonna be a perfect game, specially with Square's current time/work management, but man does it get your imagination going thinking what "it could have been".