Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
what if its there but super hidden?

the quest to check lunas dress is missable, so i suppose thats true for the new one too

also nobody found that sword in the trailer right?
Plus it's been two days since RE, someone would have found it by now no? How much time did it take to discover pitioss?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
This is why I think another free update dedicated to her would be good. Tabata makes it seem like shes not exactly DLC (never specifically saying that she is going to be DLC) and also makes mention of the next content update being something "happy" or "making the player smile". I don't see how Ardyn will do that, yet we know he is the next offiial DLC.

Plus, relegating her to DLC only may insult the fanbase more since Luna has been one of the largest controversial parts of this game. A free update allows everyone to play with her and solve the problem while giving them good recognition.

I dunno now I'm probably getting too much into tinfoil hat territory, but I'd much rather Luna be free, just Character switch And Chapter 13 v2 were free (and they were pretty major)

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
This is why I think another free update dedicated to her would be good. Tabata makes it seem like shes not exactly DLC (never specifically saying that she is going to be DLC) and also makes mention of the next content update being something "happy" or "making the player smile". I don't see how Ardyn will do that, yet we know he is the next offiial DLC.

Plus, relegating her to DLC only may insult the fanbase more since Luna has been one of the largest controversial parts of this game. A free update allows everyone to play with her and solve the problem while giving them good recognition.

I dunno now I'm probably getting too much into tinfoil hat territory, but I'd much rather Luna be free, just Character switch And Chapter 13 v2 were free (and they were pretty major)
"To play with her:angelic:"

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018

Problem is the interview says "Terada - In the story updates from now, we want players to love the characters more. It seems like there were many who cried in Episode Ignis, so we want to make the next episode where people will smile.". Notice "character episode", this confuses me because ardyn's story is not a joyous one but is also the next episode.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
"To play with her:angelic:"
Lmao

Let me put it this way. In the Famitsu interview, he brings up the possibility of an Episode Luna, saying that it "may" happen. However before this interview (in Dangeki), he already confirmed that all 4 DLC have already been planned from a business standpoint.

If this is the case, why tease Luna as if she was a separate thing? Why not just say 5 DLC's? If she's part of the 4 why not just say she is instead of saying an Episode with her "may" happen?

To me this sounds like some thing separate from DLC. Maybe I'm being hopeful but that's why I think it might be a free content update over DLC (aside from the fact that the benchmark has more info about her than Ardyn and his stuff is supposed to happen first apparently)

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
Lmao

Let me put it this way. In the Famitsu interview, he brings up the possibility of an Episode Luna, saying that it "may" happen. However before this interview, he already confirmed that all 4 DLC have already been planned from a business standpoint.

If this is the case, why tease Luna as if she was a separate thing? Why not just say 5 DLC's? If she's part of the 4 why not just say she is instead of saying an Episode with her "may" happen.

To me this sounds like some thing separate from DLC. Maybe I'm being hopeful but that's why I think it might be a free content update over DLC (aside from the fact that the benchmark has more info about her than Ardyn and his stuff is supposed to happen first apparently)
This just leaves a question of when I guess.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Problem is the interview says "Terada - In the story updates from now, we want players to love the characters more. It seems like there were many who cried in Episode Ignis, so we want to make the next episode where people will smile.". Notice "character episode", this confuses me because ardyn's story is not a joyous one but is also the next episode.
And it's possible it can be I guess. It would be nice to get a free one to please fans. Both are considered episodes, but if Ardyn is the first paid DLC, then it's possible Luna's is the "happy" one but it's not paid DLC?

I wonder how it's all gonna work. It would be such a nice surprise though

mcreation

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 21, 2018
I believe they were to put her in the royal edition but hold it maybe to work on her ai, or it was bugged, so they may provide an update to get her, i believe it may be something simple like looking at her dress and find a silleblosom maybe in the water near where she died with the boat or fishing and a memory cutscene. And we would get her as a 5th party member, maybe with a timer

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I believe they were to put her in the royal edition but hold it maybe to work on her ai, or it was bugged, so they may provide an update to get her, i believe it may be something simple like looking at her dress and find a silleblosom maybe in the water near where she died with the boat or fishing and a memory cutscene. And we would get her as a 5th party member, maybe with a timer
Maybe the original plan was to put her in the Royal Edition as nothing but an optional post-game character after simply completing a single required quest (i.e. find the Sylleblossom), but the expanded DLC schedule allowed them to do more and they decided to hold off on revealing what they had until they had a more satisfying quest line to offer.

If that's the case, Luna's quest line could be the Royal Edition's equivalent of Chapter 13:2. It'd certainly be a decent way to try to tempt more people over while rewarding the existing buyers' loyalty.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Was any of the new dialogue besides chapters 14 and 5 added to the game? I'm talking about e.g. the stuff with Ardyn and Ravus or Luna in chapter 9.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Was any of the new dialogue besides chapters 14 and 5 added to the game? I'm talking about e.g. the stuff with Ardyn and Ravus or Luna in chapter 9.
Nope. I hate saying the word cut now especially since the game is still getting support for at least another year, so look out for those in the next few updates, it's possible they were there for a reason

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
So,with women’s day being yesterday, they could have had the perfect opportunity to release the luna update..

mcreation

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 21, 2018
as anyone looked for the sylleblossom on the sea or anywhere in altissia with the boat, i didnt saw boat gameplay but can we explore the place luna died with it, maybe its on the water or on a fishing spot in altissia

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
as anyone looked for the sylleblossom on the sea or anywhere in altissia with the boat, i didnt saw boat gameplay but can we explore the place luna died with it, maybe its on the water or on a fishing spot in altissia
I doubt it would be there man..Just look at the dialogue:

It says "dress".

mcreation

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 21, 2018
well it has to trigger from something right, and the first 3 lines may not be linked to the last 2.
they are suprised that a sylleblossom is somewhere, they didnt say where.

Just wondering of course!!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
from what i understand, the sylleblossom is close to the dress

if theres any pre-requisite its certainly to have done the first quest to check the dress, which is missable

I wouldn't be surprised if there are multiple pre-requisites tho, like watching the scene (also missable) with luna healing some folks in chapter 4, or making her cry at the ending...