Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Would be cool if the April update gave us more weapons to find/use. There were too many weapons in the game that shared the same model.
for certain, it was really dissapointing to go through the menace dungeons and realize the op weapons you get at the end of each one reused models of early weapons.

btw someone already modded in one of the FFXIV collab costumes

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy15/mods/18

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
for certain, it was really dissapointing to go through the menace dungeons and realize the op weapons you get at the end of each one reused models of early weapons.
Definitely. I started compiling a database of unique weapon models, and the variety is a bit sad :(

There are also a lot of weapons from prior trailers/versions that got cut out, I am collecting evidence of them as I slowly review past FFXV shown content :(

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Copy and pasting is a Tabata trademark it seems. It is kinda lame that they didn't just use assets that they went ahead and created, yet that statement could be applied to the whole development of this game.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Definitely. I started compiling a database of unique weapon models, and the variety is a bit sad :(

There are also a lot of weapons from prior trailers/versions that got cut out, I am collecting evidence of them as I slowly review past FFXV shown content :(

im well aware of the many weapon redesigns and removed ones, that greatsword in the 3rd pic is in the game tho.

Ep duscae weapons size was decreased in the final release

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
im well aware of the many weapon redesigns and removed ones, that greatsword in the 3rd pic is in the game tho.
The Zweihander from EP Duscae is not in the game as far as I know. We have the Blade of Brennaere, which is a color swapped version of that model. But it still adds to my point, they had the Zweihander in the demo, why cut it from the base game lol.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
Tbh, I never looked at the weapons or cared much if they were repeat models. In saying that though, I'm all for more content, so the more weapons the better.

Feb 19, 2018

Woah, woah, woah, ok where did that sword right after the Ultima Blade come from and what's it called? I don't recall ever coming across it and I think that is the first time I've seen the royal family's insignia in game outside of Insomnia. Also I agree, aside from the DLC weapons and weapons you receive for beating the bros' episodes the variety of designs was pitiful. Most of the strongest weapons in the game are basically just the balmung sword design in varying sizes to look like a greatsword, normal sword, or daggers. It's why when I see a unique design I almost never sell it.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
It would seem that Aranea may had been found in the 'DLC' string data of the Windows Edition, although I don't know where this Reddit user saw that.:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/85tl3b/_/dw0juwn

Could we also get an Episode: Aranea? Who knows for sure what this could mean. I wouldn't mind, though, after Episode: Ardyn, an Episode: Aranea could be interesting, especially since I would like to know more about Aranea to get a solid ground on her character, although, personally, Episode: Ardyn is my most anticipated and the DLC Episode I'm looking forward to the most, although an 'Episode: Aranea' would be my close second. But let's take this with a bucket of salt, just in case.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
It would seem that Aranea may had been found in the 'DLC' string data of the Windows Edition, although I don't know where this Reddit user saw that.:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/85tl3b/_/dw0juwn

Could we also get an Episode: Aranea? Who knows for sure what this could mean. I wouldn't mind, though, after Episode: Ardyn, an Episode: Aranea could be interesting, especially since I would like to know more about Aranea to get a solid ground on her character, although, personally, Episode: Ardyn is my most anticipated and the DLC Episode I'm looking forward to the most, although an 'Episode: Aranea' would be my close second. But let's take this with a bucket of salt, just in case.
aranea is a side-character and as a side-character she does her part, i don't feel any need to know more about her tbh.

would rather have dlcs for relevant characters or elements (wouldn't be against more participation of her in other dlcs tho)

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
aranea is a side-character and as a side-character she does her part, i don't feel any need to know more about her tbh.

would rather have dlcs for relevant characters or elements (wouldn't be against more participation of her in other dlcs tho)
That is true, but for me, I'm curious of Aranea's life before joining the Nilflheim empire, and see what she was up to after dropping off Noctis and his friends at the power plant in Chapter 8, leaving the empire after the attack on Altissia, and the events that lead to her appearance in Episode: Prompto. I know and understand why you wouldn't want something like this, but I want a more solid ground on her character in some way, as I wouldn't mind an 'Episode: Aranea' or more story content in regards to her in the future, and the former could let us explore some of Gralea through Aranea depending on how they could do it. I do agree she had a lot of action in other DLCs, even if she doesn't get an Episode, I'm fine with her as she is.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
If they do Episode Aranea it should happen during the invasion of Tenebrae to see how Ravus was captured by the empire.

I would prefer to play that as Noctis, but maybe they don't want to change the story that much.

What info is hidden beneath the spoiler mark? Reddit isn't friendly with smartphones.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
If they do Episode Aranea it should happen during the invasion of Tenebrae to see how Ravus was captured by the empire.

I would prefer to play that as Noctis, but maybe they don't want to change the story that much.

What info is hidden beneath the spoiler mark? Reddit isn't friendly with smartphones.

The spoiler was Aranea being found in the 'DLC' string in the Window Edition's data, and your idea for 'Episode: Aranea' sounds like a great idea, especially to see how things went down in Tenebrae, they could utilize it better than Chapter 12, and to this day, I'm not even sure how they could use Tenebrae without changing things too much in Chapter 12 as it's already on fire and aren't allowed in there, so that is something that could be really cool to see.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
The spoiler was Aranea being found in the 'DLC' string in the Window Edition's data, and your idea for 'Episode: Aranea' sounds like a great idea, especially to see how things went down in Tenebrae, they could utilize it better than Chapter 12, and to this day, I'm not even sure how they could use Tenebrae without changing things too much in Chapter 12 as it's already on fire and aren't allowed in there, so that is something that could be really cool to see.
I would prefer if BD2 changes the Tenebrae part like they did with chapter 14.
With Noctis arriving in Tenebrae before the attack, to reunite with Ravus so he can receive the sword of the father. This will give us information about Ravus hate to Lucis (they can show there the prologue of Kingsglaive) and some of the time Noctis was in Tenebrae as a kid. Then it should have a fight against Ravus in the blue flower garden as a trial to show him the resolve of Noctis and making his ascension to king more progresive.

Once the combat is done the Empire attacks, not leaving time to Ravus to give Noctis his sword and is taken away.
Then, when all has gone to shit,Aranea comes to save the day.

After that, when all is sad and drepesed, you experience the rest of chapter as it is right now.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I'm not so keen on episode Arenea. Ardyn and Luna episodes I think are fine as they were important to the plot. I'm not against supporting characters making an appearance, but I don't want the limelight on them.

I'm really hoping that two of the dlcs are chapter revamps, what they did to chapter 14 was great. I'd be all for more of that. I'd also be keen for like a quest pack dlc, maybe 10 new side quests or something.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm not so keen on episode Arenea. Ardyn and Luna episodes I think are fine as they were important to the plot. I'm not against supporting characters making an appearance, but I don't want the limelight on them.

I'm really hoping that two of the dlcs are chapter revamps, what they did to chapter 14 was great. I'd be all for more of that. I'd also be keen for like a quest pack dlc, maybe 10 new side quests or something.
Yeah, I would take a DLC similar to the Royal Pack for Niflheim for Chapters 9, 10, and 12, and maybe 13, with Cartanica becoming a semi-open world area for Chapter 10. For Chapter 12, they could give us a small section in Tenebrae to explore, and the Dungeon they added to Ghorovas Rift in the Pocket Edition, and with the build up and the first phase of the Leviathan fight being changed to match the one in the Pocket Edition in Chapter 9. For Chapter 13, they could integrate the cut Ravus dialogue, and show Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis' escape from Gralea, giving us a section of Gralea to explore while escaping. But only time will tell what will happen.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
Yeah, I would take a DLC similar to the Royal Pack for Niflheim for Chapters 9, 10, and 12, and maybe 13, with Cartanica becoming a semi-open world area for Chapter 10. For Chapter 12, they could give us a small section in Tenebrae to explore, and the Dungeon they added to Ghorovas Rift in the Pocket Edition, and with the build up and the first phase of the Leviathan fight being changed to match the one in the Pocket Edition in Chapter 9. For Chapter 13, they could integrate the cut Ravus dialogue, and show Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis' escape from Gralea, giving us a section of Gralea to explore while escaping. But only time will tell what will happen.
I like those ideas!, it also makes me wonder when we will be getting a new patch. We used to get one the last week of every month, I think it will change to the first week of every month from now on.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I havent heard anything about April update, am I missing something ?
No, but FFXV gets a free update every month. It has been consistent since release. Some are huge (Character switch, Cross Chains, Multiple Hunts, etc), while some do not change things all that much.

April's should be happening, if its following the trend of the last 16 months.