Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
so based on new information from Nox Fleuret, Episode Ravus is implied; the naming scheme of the dlcs in the data goes like this:

"EP1 / EPG is Episode Gladiolus.
EP2 / EPI is Episode Ignis.
EP3 / EPP is Episode Prompto.
EP4 / EPA is Episode Ardyn."

and then theres references for EPR in the files (including audio ones), it could mean either Ep Regis or Ep Ravus but OG currently think its Ravus because his ID was listed; he's searching for more stuff related to this.

i don't know why Ep Ignis is listed as EP2 but if i remember right it was said in an interview that Ep Prompto would originally release after Ignis.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
so based on new information from Nox Fleuret, Episode Ravus is implied; the naming scheme of the dlcs in the data goes like this:

"EP1 / EPG is Episode Gladiolus.
EP2 / EPI is Episode Ignis.
EP3 / EPP is Episode Prompto.
EP4 / EPA is Episode Ardyn."

and then theres references for EPR in the files (including audio ones), it could mean either Ep Regis or Ep Ravus but OG currently think its Ravus because his ID was listed; he's searching for more stuff related to this.
I agree, it might be Ravus "EPR" is referring to, I don't think Regis would get an Episode so soon, but we'll see. Can you see if we can get the audio files for "EPR"?

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I agree, it might be Ravus "EPR" is referring to, I don't think Regis would get an Episode so soon, but we'll see. Can you see if we can get the audio files for "EPR"?
OG is uploading a number of things right now, expect to see things as soon as they're up.

I think one of them he'll post to Reddit as well. The reason for the delay is due to me, I've made him go back through the files for a few things.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
OG is uploading a number of things right now, expect to see things as soon as they're up.

I think one of them he'll post to Reddit as well.
I see, when one of the audio of "EPR" get's posted, we'll see if it has anything to do with Ravus, or anything of note. Either way, this is getting interesting. I wouldn't mind an Episode: Regis, either depending on where they go with it if they show something from Regis' journey from thirty years ago, perhaps even with the incident involving Drautos' village's destruction, Regis and Cid's fall out, and Regis taking Drautos in, that would be great to see, although I still think it's 'Episode: Ravus', but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

ToastyRamen

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 26, 2018

I think one of them he'll post to Reddit as well. The reason for the delay is due to me, I've made him go back through the files for a few things.
This is interesting stuff indeed

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I see, when one of the audio of "EPR" get's posted, we'll see if it has anything to do with Ravus, or anything of note. Either way, this is getting interesting. I wouldn't mind an Episode: Regis, either depending on where they go with it if they show something from Regis' journey from thirty years ago, perhaps even with the incident involving Drautos' village's destruction, Regis and Cid's fall out, and Regis taking Drautos in, that would be great to see, although I still think it's 'Episode: Ravus', but we'll see what happens.
Well, the weird thing is (and this is why OG didn't say anything about seeing the EPR stuff to begin with) is that the past couple of official interviews have said that they're moving away from the episode type of DLC, so OG had put things aside as likely not being of interest.

He's double-checking the files of the PC version following the last update, because he did mention that a few things have been edited or removed. He did see something about EP4 as well, but I guess we'll find out whenever he turns up again from his dig.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Well, the weird thing is (and this is why OG didn't say anything about seeing the EPR stuff to begin with) is that the past couple of official interviews have said that they're moving away from the episode type of DLC, so OG had put things aside as likely not being of interest.

He's double-checking the files of the PC version following the last update, because he did mention that a few things have been edited or removed. He did see something about EP4 as well, but I guess we'll find out whenever he turns up again from his dig.
Perhaps these new Episodes could be structured differently, we probably should wait for Episode: Ardyn to release to see how different the new DLC will be compared to 2017's DLC Episodes, as Episode: Ardyn will pioneer the new changes. I'll be waiting to see what OG says about EP4/Episode: Ardyn, I am curious.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

its more like they're moving away from standalone dlcs rather than moving away from the episode format.

they just mentioned they want to do a "series", which could mean all the episodes will have some sort of deeper connection (while the first episodes were completely unrelated).

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
its more like they're moving away from standalone dlcs rather than moving away from the episode format.

they just mentioned they want to do a "series", which could mean all the episodes will have some sort of deeper connection (while the first episodes were completely unrelated).
That's very true.

The Reddit mods have also said in the server that information keeps being taken back, so I'll just wait for OG to get everything together to show us since I know he's got more than text.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
That's very true.

The Reddit mods have also said in the server that information keeps being taken back, so I'll just wait for OG to get everything together to show us since I know he's got more than text.
Yeah, we'll see what OG had found. Was it SylvaNoxFleuret who found this stuff like he/she did with Royal Edition? I do have ideas how an Episode: Ravus could go, but this is an interesting situation, after Episode: Ardyn, an "EPR" could be for either Regis or Ravus, which I wouldn't mind, but Regis is low on my priority unless it's about his journey from thirty years ago and the incident with Drautos in his village, alogn wiht more lore in regards to the line of Lucis, but I think I would take Ravus for an Episode before Regis, as he has a lot of potential in fleshing out parts of the second half, and I really want to see what he was up to after Chapter 9, and to see how his conversation with Iedolas in Chapter 13 Verse Two, along with the Tenebrae invasion we saw in Chapter 12 in how it happened, but we'll wait and see, but let's not forget Tabata wanted to add more thing sin regard to Ravus in the 2017 road-map, an dhe said for us to stay tuned to see Ravus' story in a Q&A back in some time of July last year.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Yeah, we'll see what OG had found. Was it SylvaNoxFleuret who found this stuff like he/she did with Royal Edition? I do have ideas how an Episode: Ravus could go, but this is an interesting situation, after Episode: Ardyn, an "EPR" could be for either Regis or Ravus, which I wouldn't mind, but Regis is low on my priority unless it's about his journey from thirty years ago and the incident with Drautos in his village, alogn wiht more lore in regards to the line of Lucis, but I think I would take Ravus for an Episode before Regis, as he has a lot of potential in fleshing out parts of the second half, and I really want to see what he was up to after Chapter 9, and to see how his conversation with Iedolas in Chapter 13 Verse Two, along with the Tenebrae invasion we saw in Chapter 12 in how it happened, but we'll wait and see, but let's not forget Tabata wanted to add more thing sin regard to Ravus in the 2017 road-map, an dhe said for us to stay tuned to see Ravus' story in a Q&A back in some time of July last year.
Yes, that is OG though his username is actually Via instead of Nox on it as to match what was in the data. It was bit of a joke between us, as to bet on whether or not he was reading things properly. He bet on Via Fleuret, and I bet on Nox Fleuret for Sylva's name.... obviously OG won that one.

Anyway, he also actually went back and checked other things to sort out cut and new content. That's part of why he's been quiet, and that I've been asking him to double-check and note where he's found things, as well as asking for him to sort out files properly.

Personally, I wouldn't mind more Ravus content. I'd love some more on Ignis though, just... not so Noctis focused.

what do you mean taken back?
Comments made, and then taken back. Dates said, then taken back or removed from press releases. There was some sort of fuss about things being released, and then removed for the January or February update among other things.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yes, that is OG though his username is actually Via instead of Nox on it as to match what was in the data. It was bit of a joke between us, as to bet on whether or not he was reading things properly. He bet on Via Fleuret, and I bet on Nox Fleuret for Sylva's name.... obviously OG won that one.

Anyway, he also actually went back and checked other things to sort out cut and new content. That's part of why he's been quiet, and that I've been asking him to double-check and note where he's found things, as well as asking for him to sort out files properly.

Personally, I wouldn't mind more Ravus content. I'd love some more on Ignis though, just... not so Noctis focused.

Comments made, and then taken back. Dates said, then taken back or removed from press releases. There was some sort of fuss about things being released, and then removed for the January or February update among other things.
I agree, considering Tabata's comments on Ravus' story and 'EPR' in the data, I think we may get 'Episode: Ravus' after Episode: Ardyn, and I would be thrilled with those two getting DLC Episodes, as their two of my top characters in this game, especially since I'm already excited about Episode: Ardyn, I really can't wait to see a trailer for it. I first found Sylva's full name on the wikia at some point, and saw the 'Via', it's a curious case, perhaps Lunafreya and Ravus' father was 'Nox Fleuret'. It's interesting, though. But we'll see what happens.

Last edited: