Everything FFXV Datamining Related

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Noctis Noctis Gladiolus Ignis Prompto Cor Flora Aranea Gentiana Lunafreya Lunafreya Luthus Regis Cid Cindy Weskham Camelia Iedolas Sapphirus Verstael Ardyn Biggs Wedge Dino Jared Talcott Caligo Loqi Titan Leviathan Ramuh Shiva Bahamut Ifrit Odin
explains the big-bang art

also mention of Flora (maybe Iris), Luthus (possibly Lupus), and Sapphirus (Safay Roth?).

Cut character profiles
Ignis Scientia
Born into a household that has advised the royal family for generations, Ignis has followed in his forebears' footsteps, serving as friend and confidant to the crown prince since age 6. Ever since Noctis lost his mother, Ignis has acted as a caretaker of sorts, keeping a close eye on his companion.

Ravus Nox Fleuret
High commander of the imperial army, and older brother to Lady Lunafreya of Tenebrae. Although he cut ties with his sister after the empire invaded and overtook their homeland, he has always kept her in his heart, using his position to protect her.

Ardyn Izunia
This middle-aged military tactician rose through the ranks by reforming the empire's magitek infantry, and now runs the nation seated at the emperor's side. Quick-witted and observant, he not only grasps any situation in seconds—he also manages to transcend and take control of it shortly thereafter.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
explains the big-bang art

also mention of Flora (maybe Iris), Luthus (possibly Lupus), and Sapphirus (Safay Roth?).

Cut character profiles
There's also an artwork they included in the C&B artbook, Official Works that had something looking like Odin (more of his horse) with Bahamut too.

The katakana says "Lupus" so I would assume the name was localized.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Sylva seemed to put a couple more things into the post, like some profiles.

The plot stuff seems really a bit more in-depth originally. Cor getting grabbed is really surprising.
Yeah, I never knew that was originally going to happen, huh, the more I think about it, why didn't they at least keep that? That could've made Cor's arc more fulfilling, and interesting. :/

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Yeah, I never knew that was originally going to happen, huh, the more I think about it, why didn't they at least keep that? That could've made Cor's arc more fulfilling, and interesting. :/
Honestly, yeah. There's a lot more involvement with Cor, and other characters on the overall. Ravus, Weskham... even more with Aranea.

What's getting me though is that it seems weird about all of the editing with Episode Ignis?

On top of all of this stuff in Altissia that's also been removed, including some quests called "spy" in the trophy list. The only character that's had a spy nod was Ignis in the Assassin Festival.

That, and the Ravus stuff too also being cut is kind of pissing me off as it's really starting to feel like all of the stuff I'd be interested in has been kind of half-baked feeling. (Especially with the cop-out comment about Verse 2 for Episode Ignis, as one of those points).

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Honestly, yeah. There's a lot more involvement with Cor, and other characters on the overall. Ravus, Weskham... even more with Aranea.

What's getting me though is that it seems weird about all of the editing with Episode Ignis?

On top of all of this stuff in Altissia that's also been removed, including some quests called "spy" in the trophy list. The only character that's had a spy nod was Ignis in the Assassin Festival.

That, and the Ravus stuff too also being cut is kind of pissing me off as it's really starting to feel like all of the stuff I'd be interested in has been kind of half-baked feeling. (Especially with the cop-out comment about Verse 2 for Episode Ignis, as one of those points).
The things about Ravus still makes me feel bad he got treated badly in the game's development, I mean, I loved his character, but Kignsglaive's interpretation was inconsistent compared to the one from the game, and the fact things happened off-screen, especially involving Ravus, as well as his death, until it was shown in Verse Two, as well as the short amount of screen-time he had of the game, and the more I think about it irritates the ever loving crud out me, Episode Ignis and Verse Two of Chapter 13 helped Ravus by a good portion, but I still feel a little disappointed on how they treated him. But this is just my opinion.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
The things about Ravus still makes me feel bad he got treated badly in the game's development, I mean, I loved his character, but Kignsglaive's interpretation was inconsistent compared to the one from the game, and the fact things happened off-screen, especially involving Ravus, as well as his death, until it was shown in Verse Two, as well as the short amount of screen-time he had of the game, and the more I think about it irritates the ever loving crud out me, Episode Ignis and Verse Two of Chapter 13 helped Ravus by a good portion, but I still feel a little disappointed on how they treated him. But this is just my opinion.
Oh no, I feel that for sure.

I'm very disappointed because Ravus is one of those ones that's easily to recognize from his design, and then there's more stuff for him in these over the game in general is ridiculous.

I think it's also because I'm annoyed that they seemed to have had a different thing planned for Episode Ignis with those kind of daemon-y daggers, and the other lines in the big script posts.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Oh no, I feel that for sure.

I'm very disappointed because Ravus is one of those ones that's easily to recognize from his design, and then there's more stuff for him in these over the game in general is ridiculous.

I think it's also because I'm annoyed that they seemed to have had a different thing planned for Episode Ignis with those kind of daemon-y daggers, and the other lines in the big script posts.
What was this 'different thing' for Episode Ignis? I'm curious.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
What was this 'different thing' for Episode Ignis? I'm curious.
Out of this pastebin that Sylva posted up.

I see my suspicions were correct.
Bravo.
But why have you aligned yourself with the darkness?
I like to think the darkness has aligned itself with me.
After all, we share a mutual odium of those thrust into the light and beloved by all, hailed by the masses as their "chosen savior." And what is your aim?
Why, to bring the King to his senses.
With your sister's help, of course.

The forces assaulting the altar have withdrawn on Ravus's orders.
Take down the imperial forces in the city center,
or head straight to the altar to save Noctis.

No place for the meek.
You might be of use after all.
Off with its head!
Body blows will yield little.
Strike low!
Take out the missile pods.
Knock the generator out.
Set your sights on the light.
Hit it!
The core will explode!
Take cover!

Sacrifice my memories

EPILOGUE - Words
EPILOGUE - Goodbyes
To be continued...

Sylva also mentioned chapter 1 in it is listed as "alt," and from my understanding from talking to him about things before that apparently the stealth section was different, and that there's programming for Gladio and Prompto to be involved in Episode Ignis but they didn't do anything of the sort beyond the cutscene, and loading screen.

We certainly didn't get any prompts about returning to the city centre, for instance. So there seems to be quite a few changes, especially with the official developer statements giving the impression that they hadn't planned anything much. :/

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Out ofthis pastebin that Sylva posted up.

Bravo.
After all, we share a mutual odium of those thrust into the light and beloved by all, hailed by the masses as their "chosen savior." And what is your aim?

No place for the meek.
Off with its head!
Strike low!
Knock the generator out.
Hit it!
The core will explode!
Take cover!

Sacrifice my memories

EPILOGUE - Words
EPILOGUE - Goodbyes
To be continued...

Sylva also mentioned chapter 1 in it is listed as "alt," and from my understanding from talking to him about things before that apparently the stealth section was different, and that there's programming for Gladio and Prompto to be involved in Episode Ignis but they didn't do anything of the sort beyond the cutscene, and loading screen.

We certainly didn't get any prompts about returning to the city centre, for instance. So there seems to be quite a few changes, especially with the official developer statements giving the impression that they hadn't planned anything much. :/
From the part I bolded, I may be getting the gist that Ravus may have been more involved in Verse Two of Episode Ignis, what is this, was Verse Two supposed to be a continuation or something, I don't know?

And what was this?:

1. Show me.
  2. The light...
  3. My arm... How!?
  4. I was...unworthy.
  5. Must see to...the Oracle's calling!
  6. Death!
  7. O, King!
  8. Deliver...me!
  9. Regis!
  10. Noctis!
  11. Show yourself to me, O King!
  12. Let it be done...now!
  13. Yes... End this pain!
  14. Ardyn! Curse you...
  15. Who... Who are you!?
  16. At last...free of flesh.
  17. Hear me, my king.
  18. Answer...your...calling.
  19. Shine your light unto the world.
  20. And banish the darkness.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
From the part I bolded, I may be getting the gist that Ravus may have been more involved in Verse Two of Episode Ignis, what is this, was Verse Two supposed to be a continuation or something, I don't know?

And what was this?:

1. Show me.
  2. The light...
  3. My arm... How!?
  4. I was...unworthy.
  5. Must see to...the Oracle's calling!
  6. Death!
  7. O, King!
  8. Deliver...me!
  9. Regis!
  10. Noctis!
  11. Show yourself to me, O King!
  12. Let it be done...now!
  13. Yes... End this pain!
  14. Ardyn! Curse you...
  15. Who... Who are you!?
  16. At last...free of flesh.
  17. Hear me, my king.
  18. Answer...your...calling.
  19. Shine your light unto the world.
  20. And banish the darkness.
Sylva apparently put it in order, and that's from Chapter 1 or Chapter 2 of the main thing of Episode Ignis. He kept repeating about those two chapters, I know he likes the characters involved in the Episode so I can't really blame him for being pissed off from how he responded about it.

The other bit, going from the order of the text is that it seems Ravus said more during his fight in Chapter 13.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Sylva apparently put it in order, and that's from Chapter 1 or Chapter 2 of the main thing of Episode Ignis. He kept repeating about those two chapters, I know he likes the characters involved in the Episode so I can't really blame him for being pissed off from how he responded about it.

The other bit, going from the order of the text is that it seems Ravus said more during his fight in Chapter 13.
Yeah, I recognized some of the text in their, the cursing Ardyn part, and let it be done. It sounded like the Cor's capture may have been planned to take place in the first half of something.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
EPISODE GLADIOLUS

Are you one of the former Shields of the King?
One of the first, tasked with defending the Founder King from his brother.
From his own brother?
Rather, what remained of him. What the general and I saw was a man-turned-monster.
What twisted him we cannot know, but the king lost a staunch ally that day and gained a mortal enemy.
The general feared this was a harbinger of horrors to come.
Thus, he sealed his soul within these walls, that another Shield should one day seek his counsel.
The general has but a sole desire: to entrust his power to one who vows to defend the king.
Yet simply swearing allegiance does not suffice.
His power is likewise a privilege, and longing alone does not afford one this right: it must be earned.
Surely you understand what is sought in his successor...
If you do not, peer deep into your soul.
looks like the lore of the Founder King being Ardyn's brother was already established since EP Gladio

also it seems Gilgamesh was actually cursed by Ardyn?

Quite a son we raised, eh Aulea?
I think it is long time we rested.
this line is from chapter 14 and apparently would trigger after the final battle, definitely Regis mentioning Aulea, Noctis mother.

What the─?
You guys seein' this?
It's sand. And…snow?
On the map this was a stretch of desert.
That's half right. The other half is frozen.
The remains of the Glacian. She's supposed to have been dead a long time.
If the Frostbearer can project her essence upon this terrain, she may yet be able to grant you power.
Huh? Guys?
The hell is going on?
most of this dialogue is in the game but not the bolded, which is a shame since the game lacked clear exposition; in the final game its like they forget about receiving the blessing of the gods after chapter 9, but here it shows its still a goal in their minds.

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Yeah, that was really quite strange to see the Founder King bit in the Ep G stuff. I think it means that The Founder King lost Ardyn as an ally, and gained him as an enemy, and that led to Gilgamesh sealing himself within Taelpar Crag.

Sylva also just posted that he actually forgot to post some stuff, and needs to post it. I wonder what he forgot.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
looks like the lore of the Founder King being Ardyn's brother was already established since EP Gladio

also it seems Gilgamesh was actually cursed by Ardyn?

this line is from chapter 14 and apparently would trigger after the final battle, definitely Regis mentioning Aulea, Noctis mother.

most of this dialogue is in the game but not the bolded, which is a shame since the game lacked clear exposition; in the final game its like they forget about receiving the blessing of the gods after chapter 9, but here it shows its still a goal in their minds.
Man, I wish they kept that lore was cut in Episode Gladiolus, it brought nothing new to the story on the table when it came out at all, I'm baffled by this. :/

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
i posted the wrong link im so sorry

here we go https://pastebin.com/HdCeM5Zs
Sylva posted some translations up with that.

The first bit at the top has the Stella and Noctis conversation that was in the actual topic post.

Further down has menu, options menus functions which are all labelled as temporary. There's the in-game command menu prompts in both Japanese, and English.

Sylva mentioned a while back that there was some sort of mention of Blue Magic, other things with chocobos, magic and some odd weapons choices like a Buster Sword reference and a guitar. Those seem to be included in the Japanese there, as does that list that he also previously provided in English that had the "light of the dead" mention in it before.

He might actually have some more translations, since he's said a couple of times now he's forgotten to post stuff. Might need to send him a PM and remind him to do it.

noctiAlphe

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 4, 2018
Sylva posted some translations up with that.

The first bit at the top has the Stella and Noctis conversation that was in the actual topic post.

Further down has menu, options menus functions which are all labelled as temporary. There's the in-game command menu prompts in both Japanese, and English.

Sylva mentioned a while back that there was some sort of mention of Blue Magic, other things with chocobos, magic and some odd weapons choices like a Buster Sword reference and a guitar. Those seem to be included in the Japanese there, as does that list that he also previously provided in English that had the "light of the dead" mention in it before.

He might actually have some more translations, since he's said a couple of times now he's forgotten to post stuff. Might need to send him a PM and remind him to do it.
Oh i see, thanks you very much! i wish we could get to know more about the original story.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Out ofthis pastebin that Sylva posted up.

Bravo.

No place for the meek.
Off with its head!
Strike low!
Knock the generator out.
Hit it!
The core will explode!
Take cover!

Sacrifice my memories

EPILOGUE - Words
EPILOGUE - Goodbyes
To be continued...

I thought they said Episode Ignis went into different directions during development?