- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
That's a pretty nice catch Death. XV having a war/political story as a backdrop, it makes a lot of sense for armies to subjugate powerful wild creatures for offensive or defensive purposes.
It's a pretty interesting way to showcase classic FF staples within the "fantasy based on reality" model. Being a more realistic setting, a creature like behemoth wouldn't just being prowling the streets of a populated city like past FF's.
FF XIII already did this though. The Coccoon mobs where under control by PSICOM, and they had metallic armor over them, while the Pulse mobs where the unarmored and uncontrolled versions of those same monsters.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
I'm aware XIII had a similar concept, sure this may not be a first case scenario for FF, I was just pointing out those concepts present in XV. The basic idea is there but execution here is different.

Oct 5, 2013
Those behemoths are really scary, tbh.

They look so real ; ~ ;

I'm aware XIII had a similar concept, sure this may not be a first case scenario for FF, I was just pointing out those concepts present in XV. The basic idea is there but execution here is different.
I think it has a lot to do with how XV looks more realistic in setting and execution so far. XIII was more fantastical than XV.

XV looks more current than the futuristic XIII.

Sep 26, 2013
One thing to really note is that it seems like the machines in the behemoth's backs are magical in nature, judging by the glow emanating off of the one on the striped behemoth. That's a really interesting implication for the Niflheim forces; perhaps this is how they utilize the stolen crystals? Could more advanced magical weaponry be inserted into monsters? It looks like the striped behemoth is entering some kind of powered-up berserk state thanks to its device, but prior trailers (as pointed out by somni) show behemoths with different devices implanted into them. More advanced weaponry? Very cool implications.

I'm also not completely convinced the iron giants don't have some sort of machinery on them- the glowing dots on their arms seem suspect- but I agree with the post speculating that they seemed more disciplined and soldier-like than the behemoths. After all, they do use weapons. The nature of the Niflheim army- with the iron giants, mechanically-controlled behemoths and soldiers that might not be human- is absolutely fascinating. Just what are they doing with those crystals?

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013
Nice observation on the Behemoths. Neat discussion too.

It's about time we got some new trailers to dissect though.

EDIT - Btw, the Iron Giants have some bands on their hands emitting blue and yellow flames. Maybe something that's controlling them.

Last edited:

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
@Arcana
Maybe, though it looks like that might be apart of their aesthetic. They do seem like they might have a function, since super Iron giant doesn't have them.

Also I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, but the hooded man's new pauldron has an insignia of a wolf.

I'm assuming that might be good indication that Fenrir will be present in XV as well. Summons seem pivotal to the plot in some way, possibly as weapons of war. Leviathan seems to be connected to the water themed nation of Accordo. So whatever country or faction this man belongs to has ties to Fenrir. After seeing the gameplay, it's obvious battles with very large enemies are going to be a consistent thing throughout the game. A giant wolf seems like a proper fit, what with the themes of night and all.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah I've heard a lot of speculation about the nation's sigils being related to summoning. It seems fairly plausible to me- if we saw Accordo's sigil and it had a sea serpent on it I would be pretty damn convinced. We'll have to wait to see more summons, but just to stay on topic to this and for the sake of conversation, let's go into it a little. You already pointed out that Fenrir seems to be on the hooded man's clothing. Meanwhile, Niflheim seems to have a sigil that bears a dragon on it- and there's an obvious correlation to that in Bahamut, if you subscribe to the sigils are summons thing. Even more interesting is Lucis' sigil.

You can see it there on the banner on the left- the Niflheim dragon and a strange creature with a skull-like head for Lucis. All of the sigils are creatures so far, and two of them clearly correspond to prior summons. The fact that the Lucis sigil is clearly some sort of monster as well- and one that looks really badass- seems like some tentative evidence in favor of this rumor being true. Diabolos? Hades? Someone unknown? Whatever it is, the summon would most likely be on the scale of Leviathan- which is incredibly tantalizing.

Last edited:

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013
@somni - The flames are on the back side of their hands and that's why we don't see it on the large Iron Giant. Maybe he has it too. But you're right in saying that it could be just part of its aesthetic.
The Iron Giants in the older games don't have the flames, fwiw.

@Topic - Lucis's DeathGod looks awesome. Keen to see ally summons in action. They should show it off in the next trailer.

Last edited:

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
@somni - The flames are on the back side of their hands and that's why we don't see it on the large Iron Giant. Maybe he has it too. But you're right in saying that it could be just part of it's aesthetic.
The Iron Giants in the older games don't have the flames, fwiw.

@Topic - Lucis's DeathGod looks awesome. Keen to see ally summons in action. They should show it off in the next trailer.
I know FFXI is often overlooked and that it's not probably part of the 'older games', but it actually features Iron Giants with flames.

So it could be merely aesthetic.

Also, I think it would need to look similar to the Behemoth's machine in order to match the Iron Giants are also controlled by such mechanisms theory. But...do they need to? Maybe they're not wild creatures like Behemoths, but instead they are direct creations of the Niflheim imperial forces, which are probably powered by crystals.

Edit: As a little bonus, you've probably already seen it on the front page but here's Noctis upcoming Play Arts figure.

Sep 26, 2013
There was one more thing to mention that I'm not sure if everyone has seen. If you believe the idea that the crests that many characters seem to bear correlate to summons, then there's an interesting thing to note about Gladiolus. His massive tattoo- on his arms and chest in the group shot in the very first post- appears to depict a bird of prey. If it is like the other crests, then this might mean that Phoenix features in the game and even that our favorite musclebound dude has some relation to it. That, or Glad is really fond of birds.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Question about Valhalla. Stella said goddess Etro will bring the souls to the kingdom of the dead. Will Valhalla from XIII appearing in Final Fantasy XV? (Sorry for my english)

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Question about Valhalla. Stella said goddess Etro will bring the souls to the kingdom of the dead. Will Valhalla from XIII appearing in Final Fantasy XV? (Sorry for my english)
No. Different Etro and different Valhalla.

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
Rewatching the re-reveal trailers, there are stuff that clearly look much better, like the scene in the mansion, which I assume is not real gameplay, but everything else looks pretty good, EXCEPT for that staircase scene. I mean, that part just looks straight out of FFXIII, don't know why they would put it in the trailer looking like that.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Rewatching the re-reveal trailers, there are stuff that clearly look much better, like the scene in the mansion, which I assume is not real gameplay, but everything else looks pretty good, EXCEPT for that staircase scene. I mean, that part just looks straight out of FFXIII, don't know why they would put it in the trailer looking like that.
Based on the gameplay trailer, that stuff is the most clearly real time stuff. The rest.... not so clear.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Woah there's still real blood in the game! As evidenced by this gif.

Noctis's blood is red!

Do you guys think this could impact the ESRB Rating?

It looks minimal so I think the game could stay T.

Sep 26, 2013
Pretty much confirms everything I was saying before, and also shows that the soldiers totally do bleed blue. Thanks for sharing. I would actually be okay with this game getting a MA rating- it is promised as a darker take on the Final Fantasy franchise, after all.