- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Also, some of XV's scenes looked like target renders to me.
My belief remains firm that only the stuff in the 'gameplay trailer', which looks measurably worse, was real last year. There was a lot of stuff in that Sony Press Conference trailer that I think is Visual Works with a HUD imposed on it. I think they'll get there, but I think it's indicative of an announcement when not enough work had been done on a PS4/XBO version to really show it.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
My belief remains firm that only the stuff in the 'gameplay trailer', which looks measurably worse, was real last year. There was a lot of stuff in that Sony Press Conference trailer that I think is Visual Works with a HUD imposed on it. I think they'll get there, but I think it's indicative of an announcement when not enough work had been done on a PS4/XBO version to really show it.
I don't think it's Visual Works. I think it's kinda like a remastered version of Real-time scenes. Heavy anti-aliasing is noticeable in that trailer, but it doesn't look much different to the Gameplay trailer. God knows why there is heavy slowdown in some scenes though.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Going on what Yeah_93 said, those scenes in the trailer aren't pre-rendered in the traditional sense (CGI). Rather they're high poly assets, possibly running with a version of Luminous engine.
They look nearly on par with the ones in the 'gameplay" trailer, with the exception of some texture detail. The scenes look almost like CGI because they're heavily scripted set pieces. These could be pivotal story points in course of the game.

Recall how Nomura insisted he wanted the gameplay to be as dynamic as Advent Children. In addition to that he stressed prioritizing player interaction, and a smaller cutscene to gameplay ratio.
So there will be certain story beats that play out as you're in control instead of a traditional FF cutscene. The camera work serves as nice framing to give it all a sense of urgency and action.
Nomura even mentioned how he wanted the camera to seem like you're really there following the exploits of the characters (as if it were recored with a hand camera.) Which is also a call back to his comment about the game having a road trip theme to it.

Those scenes are most likely the evidence of those goals.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
It's almost time guys. After one year of speculating...

Everyone have a nice weekend, enjoy time with your loved ones, have a few drinks, replay your favorite fantasy.

Because next week is going to be intense.

There's two possible outcomes:
  • We get another taste of glory.
  • We enter another dark age of no new information.

Edit: Well........FUCK

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Well heres my prediction on the future of this game

August 2014- Theres a Square Enix meeting there will be a new trailer
September 2014- Same trailer from square meeting at tgs
December 2014- Jump Fiesta new gameplay trailer
E3 2015- New Trailer at sony confrence shows a 2016 release
July 2015 -New footage at Sdcc
Semptember 2015 -new footage at tgs Japanese Release date revelaed
October 2015- New footage at nycc Na realease date revealed
December 2015- Japanese Release
March 2016- NA Release

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Let's drop the "needs to be shown" someplace, because a lot of people argued the game "needed to be shown" on E3 and it hasn't changed a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Maybe they weren't prepared for E3?

Still, I think that they should at least shown a teaser or something. I mean, Kingdom Hearts III got one. XV could have had one hinting towards a TGS reveal or something.

Sep 26, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, they don't need to show this game until next year. All the big stuff is coming out in 2015. No reason for Square Enix to be worried or feel left behind. They've already pissed off the fan base. Can't get any worse.

Personally, I don't want a TGS showing if it means we have to wait until E315 for the next big batch of news. Keep the momentum going instead of killing it. Not interested in waiting what would be another 9 months for news on this game.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Has Square-Enix used Gamescon to reveal anything big before? I can only recall them announcing big projects at either E3 or TGS. Gamescom would be a first for them.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Yeah, I'll be at Gamescom. Gamescom is a pretty big show, and they made semi-major debuts for FF13 and FF14:ARR there. They also did the first ever live gameplay of Deus Ex: Human Revolution there after only showing CG at E3, so it's an important show for them. IE, it's not impossible. We'll see, though.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
With Sony confirming that more games will be announced at Gamescom and TGS, the presence of newly announced/large games is there. The possibility of something like XV at Gamescom is possible, but I'm guessing TGS is a safer bet.

Next stop: Gamescom. Right, guys?! Right?
For potentially a showing of their rumoured Deus Ex Universe vision, maybe more Rise of the Tomb Raider and possibly another Eidos IP like Hitman? Of course!

This probably leaves little room for FFXV, so there's TGS. Unless development has actually stalled and/or marketing department says no. If it doesn't show up in September, looks like maybe 12 more months of waiting. We've had 12 months of nothing, what's another 12 more months? =D

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
"But this year is different! They have to show it or else they will disappoint fans! There is no way in hell they are not showing it!"
I know exactly what you're doing, but it makes no sense, "this year is different", as apposed to what... last year? If anything, saying that this year is different would mean a no show... which is exactly what happened. Why do you actively pretend last E3 never happened?

I get the whole point is to make fun of people, because that's what you enjoy doing on here, but really that doesn't even make sense. No one said "this year is different", although people were expecting it at E3, and they did say thing closely to the rest of your mocking comment, the first bit makes no sense to me.

You have to keep in mind how people are viewing these events, Square Enix actually showed a lot more than I think most people expected them to, I'm sure if they knew what sort of releases and their plans for future information they wouldn't have assumed the game to be at E3 in some form, I know that I wouldn't have.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I know exactly what you're doing, but it makes no sense, "this year is different", as apposed to what... last year? If anything, saying that this year is different would mean a no show... which is exactly what happened. Why do you actively pretend last E3 never happened?

I get the whole point is to make fun of people, because that's what you enjoy doing on here, but really that doesn't even make sense. No one said "this year is different", although people were expecting it at E3, and they did say thing closely to the rest of your mocking comment, the first bit makes no sense to me.

You have to keep in mind how people are viewing these events, Square Enix actually showed a lot more than I think most people expected them to, I'm sure if they knew what sort of releases and their plans for future information they wouldn't have assumed the game to be at E3 in some form, I know that I wouldn't have.
Oh I don't know if people have said those exact words in this site, but I've certainly heard them a lot from other sites. It's really nothing personal against you or other people here. And no, I don't "actively pretend" last E3 didn't happen, and it's not the first time I've said this. But well, what's done it's done, SQEX didn't show XV at E3, we can only hope for the future now.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Usually mid-May Square Enix give us a call to tell us who and what will be at E3 and to ask us what we'd like to be booked in for appointments for. I'm hoping to catch Nomura again, but we'll have to see. Even then, we may not be allowed to publicly say until they put out a press release.
Just out of curiosity...
Did you end up knowing beforehand that FFXV wouldn't be @E3?

Or did you find out with the rest of us? (with Hashimoto's interview in Famitsu)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Sometimes they'll outright tell us something won't be there. In this instance this year, they didn't tell us no outright, no, but we also didn't have any appointments for it, or any 'secret' appointments, so it was pretty clear it wouldn't be there in any material way. Sometimes asking about other things helps, too - IE I knew Nomura wasn't going to E3, so we knew via that again an appearance was unlikely, as they'd want him there for promotional purposes.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Just out of curiosity...
Did you end up knowing beforehand that FFXV wouldn't be @E3?

Or did you find out with the rest of us? (with Hashimoto's interview in Famitsu)
No one from SE said it would be at E3. The media hyped up people's reactions by following up the TGS and other interviews with that the game would indeed be at E3 even though Nomura himself said he was in no position to say the next reveal and SH confirmed it would appear when ever its ready. He noted cons, TGS and Anime con that it could come to but E3 wasnt one of them. he also noted comic con though that wasnt for FF 15. Nomura admitted he would come to CC. and lastly he said for GC OTHER SE games would appear. Someone mistranslated when he said it MIGHT show up again in a few months in the context of E3 being a month or 2 away. just wait until someone from SE says okay guys the game will be at input even. notE: Nomura wasnt coming to E3. okay for real the last thing is SH the next reveal would surpass all others in terms of the WOW factor and satisfaction for information alongside promoting it. the game is far in development. most likely it will be at TGS with none scripted footage or demo

Last edited: