- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
My question has always been why is it taking so much¿ Was it a mistake to announce the game back in 2006¿ What's happening inside the company to take almost a full decade to release a game with little to no info other than a few trailers¿. Hell, back like a year ago I remember some tweets by our Kagari (Nova Crystallis) talking about rumors on the game being vaporware or completely cancelled. Some developers take only months to make a game; Infinity Ward, Treyarch, EA Sports but surely this case is no what's common.

I believe XV spent several years on hiatus and who knows¿ maybe it WAS cancelled only to be reborn again recently.
Maybe because they started with PS3 devkit then now XBOBONE and PS4 devkit but its still use the old FF engine not the luminous engine its going to be multiplatform this taking very very long time to develop a game and i believe the game will suffer FPS drops plus they change many things in the game even story related i believe back in 2007 when this called FFVS13 i don't think they planned for this sequels.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Maybe because they started with PS3 devkit then now XBOBONE and PS4 devkit but its still use the old FF engine not the luminous engine its going to be multiplatform this taking very very long time to develop a game and i believe the game will suffer FPS drops plus they change many things in the game even story related i believe back in 2007 when this called FFVS13 i don't think they planned for this sequels.
Almost certainly these things. I think they've had general production problems in general, as well. Inexperience with the tools, issues with having to shift development over to FF13 to get that game finished, etc. It's very clear the 13 sequels came about as a way of shoring up the cash lost on a lengthy and sometimes problematic development for FF13.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
With the way this stuff is, one has to wonder if there's going to be some bizarre "it's an alternate universe of our world" twist or something. That twist has been in a game before, but I can't for the life of me remember what game...

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
This is likely the reason the Japanese fans seem to be so disconcerted by current footage of the game, though. Those buildings are nearly spot-on identical, and that's gotta be weird.

That's a thought. I wonder how Japanese fans feel about a setting rendered in such detailed graphical fidelity that looks so remarkably close to reality and home. I can easily see the appeal of Accordo for them; it's based on a real life location with some creative liberties taken, but it is a distinctly far away location that only few would have seen with their own eyes outside of TV or in brochures. Venice has enough of a mysterious character to an ordinary FF fan in Shinjuku that it still fits well as an alluring fantasy setting. But to replicate famous Tokyo buildings must feel as initially bizarre as if I were to put on a fantasy game and then all of a sudden I am thrown into a besieged Manchester Trafford Centre in all its architectural accuracy being divebombed by a pack of ravenous Zus. I wouldn't know what to think. And somehow, that creates even more of a surreal fantastical image.

I told a friend of mine that the next Final Fantasy game is heavily inspired by contemporary modern architecture and landscapes such as Venice and Tokyo, and he responded with an exasperated: "so it's not even fantasy anymore! They've run out of ideas so they have to go around copying landmarks now. Final Fantasy has gone straight to hell!". It's just too bad he forgot that chief precedent example of FFVIII's Deling City being particularly modeled on the Avenue des Champs-Élysée. =P

Oh, speaking of Manchester, I recall in the Wikia page that there may be an area in the game based on Manchester (UK). Most miserable location in the entirety of Final Fantasy confirmed? If you're thinking of turning it into a ruined kingdom devastated by the onslaught of Niflheim forces Square, you won't have to change much. It already looks the part. Anyone seen on TV the UK riots a few summers ago?

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Well I'd have to go back and re-read, but basically I remember reading an article that said Japanese FF fans felt "uneasy" about the similarities between some of the XV locations and the real world. In particular I remember the streets and police cars being mentioned.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Maybe we'll have a bit of GTA playing around in the city hehe

Nah, seriously, how open do you guys think the city will actually be?

I do wonder how the map areas will be designed, especially the Lucis Kingdom city. There's little realistic chance of an entire city at the player's beck and call to explore. The likeliest chances will be a large map on its own that encompasses a significant chunk of the city, but obviously not everything so you can't go as far as the eyes can see from one edge of Not!Tokyo to the other. But if they're striving for considerable architectural and urban layout authenticity based on a real life location, I really want to see how the edge of maps where you can go no further are designed and thought out. Hopefully not a sea of invisible walls. It can't be as simple as say, FFXII's Rabanastre and Archades where you're largely confined to one or two street levels.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Hopefully not a sea of invisible walls. It can't be as simple as say, FFXII's Rabanastre and Archades where you're largely confined to one or two street levels.
I'd die if that happened. Seriously, they said that all areas will be available to explore, I truly hope they stick to that.