FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
  • Why release materials that could be delayed to give correct release dates in them?
  • Why release promo material and a sticker when you could just release promo material with the correct date and not have to create a sticker which is added cost?
  • Why did the leaks not originally mention the stickers and only after images of the display model get posted do we get a follow up instructions that mention the sticker?
Simple. Promotional material was already printed and shipped before the decision comes down. Decision drops, someone puts together the update instructions, prints it up and sends it out. Meanwhile, the people who made the promo materials are printing up the stickers and getting ready to send them out.

These people are probably not likely to be in on the meetings where they make the decision to delay, so they don't know about it until they're given the order to make the November stuff.

It's totally plausible.

Sep 26, 2013
It could be something as "minuscule" as "debuging of X & Y being a week behind schedule" or something like that.
Yeah! That's what I'm hoping it is. General polishing wouldn't be so bad, and to be honest it's nice that they're willing to delay it if they find a problem with it and don't think it's ready to go. I was worried this was going to be an all or nothing push whatever we have out the door on September 30th thing.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Simple. Promotional material was already printed and shipped before the decision comes down. Decision drops, someone puts together the update instructions, prints it up and sends it out. Meanwhile, the people who made the promo materials are printing up the stickers and getting ready to send them out.

These people are probably not likely to be in on the meetings where they make the decision to delay, so they don't know about it until they're given the order to make the November stuff.

It's totally plausible.
Yeah, my point was that the original leaks never mentioned the sticker thing, if they just mentioned stickers right away it would have been a done deal straight away. Like, if the leaks said "stickers were sent out for the promo materials to update the release date" then people wouldn't be confused over everything.

Yeah! That's what I'm hoping it is. General polishing wouldn't be so bad, and to be honest it's nice that they're willing to delay it if they find a problem with it and don't think it's ready to go. I was worried this was going to be an all or nothing push whatever we have out the door on September 30th thing.
Two months is probably going to be mainly used for the final touches of the game I'd imagine.

AniketosDrakon

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 13, 2016
How they will soften the blow: Give Kingdom Hearts 2.8 a release date, and Kingdom Hearts 3 a release window, and a massive new trailer. They will also surprise everyone with a launch of the final fantasy 9 re-release on ps4. Last but not least surprise surprise, they will drop the Titan Demo for all to try. I wish.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
True, although I specifically meant the day. November 29th almost sounds like a placeholder date, a frontier between two years, but I don't know if they'd delay the game even more (although Unchsrted did just that).

I guess they just want to have as much air as possible. There's a lot riding with this game an with an open world game, problems are born everyday.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
How they will soften the blow: Give Kingdom Hearts 2.8 a release date, and Kingdom Hearts 3 a release window, and a massive new trailer. They will also surprise everyone with a launch of the final fantasy 9 re-release on ps4. Last but not least surprise surprise, they will drop the Titan Demo for all to try. I wish.
No please, I'd be fine with a trailer but not another unpolished and unrelated demo. Platinum demo did enough to leave a bad impression on this game, it certainly doesn't need another situation like that.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Hopefully with a good trailer.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
November is a pretty poor date and I doubt SE are happy about it but it is what it is.

Here's why November isn't great: If you launch in September, you're competing with what's launching around you. FIFA, Mafia were FFs big rivals for this - plus Persona in Japan. If you launch in November there's far less around you, but that's not the issue any more.

The issue is that every other game has already launched (more or less) and so you're the last potential consideration for a casual user. If you launch in September, you have several months to catch a player who is just looking to pick something up in the winter busy period. Come November, if a player has bought Madden, Skyrim HD and Mafia 3, they're unlikely to buy another game.

So late in November is also a bad time for a broad-targeted release because a lot of people have significantly less disposable income at this time as they're shouldering the cost of the holiday season; presents, extra food, whatever else. In the US you also miss thanksgiving and black friday.

This is basically why in December you only typically see licensed games, 1st party releases designed to be a final push for the console sales as presents, and very niche games or remakes and the like.

So... it's not a great date, but it'll be up to SE to navigate that. If I were them I'd have been tempted to push out to February or March, but if you push there you're admittedly going to run into Horizon, Mass Effect etc.

------------------------------

One thing I wonder is if this could impact KH 2.8; I could actually see KH2.8 getting pushed back as a result. One thing SE will have to do is now push fabrication and manufacture of FF15 discs back at the busiest time of the year for manufacture. If they can't find the capacity at the right price, they might commandeer space already booked: IE delay 2.8 since it doesn't yet have a firm date and use its allocated manufacture space for some of FF15.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah i'd rather they stay away from releasing a downloadable titan demo, we already have enough cynics thinking all bosses will be waitable QTEs.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
November is a pretty poor date and I doubt SE are happy about it but it is what it is.

Here's why November isn't great: If you launch in September, you're competing with what's launching around you. FIFA, Mafia were FFs big rivals for this - plus Persona in Japan. If you launch in November there's far less around you, but that's not the issue any more.

The issue is that every other game has already launched (more or less) and so you're the last potential consideration for a casual user. If you launch in September, you have several months to catch a player who is just looking to pick something up in the winter busy period. Come November, if a player has bought Madden, Skyrim HD and Mafia 3, they're unlikely to buy another game.

So late in November is also a bad time for a broad-targeted release because a lot of people have significantly less disposable income at this time as they're shouldering the cost of the holiday season; presents, extra food, whatever else. In the US you also miss thanksgiving and black friday.

This is basically why in December you only typically see licensed games, 1st party releases designed to be a final push for the console sales as presents, and very niche games or remakes and the like.

So... it's not a great date, but it'll be up to SE to navigate that. If I were them I'd have been tempted to push out to February or March, but if you push there you're admittedly going to run into Horizon, Mass Effect etc.

One thing I wonder is if this could impact KH 2.8; I could actually see KH2.8 getting pushed back as a result. One thing SE will have to do is now push fabrication and manufacture of FF15 discs back at the busiest time of the year for manufacture. If they can't find the capacity at the right price, they might commandeer space already booked: IE delay 2.8 since it doesn't yet have a firm date and use its allocated manufacture space for some of FF15.
Interesting; thanks for sharing. I'm very interested to hear SE's guidance for the next two quarters, given the above. Nothing makes investors grincher than delayed revenue recognition. I can relate somewhat - in my industry, early November is the last time we can launch before the holiday moratorium so I've gotten the hairdryer treatment for missing dates.

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 5, 2014
Being the next big release after Pokémon Sun and Moon right after Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Absolutely terrible placement for SE.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Why I think its fake
1. The pamphlet looks fishy (one picture is darker than the other, rp logo instead of teen etc...)
2. why is there no sticker pictures
3. why is gemnesia the only one that leaked a photo of it
4. Out of sheer luck all the game-stop that have been called or visited don't have the materials yet, at least one of them must have them but I haven't seen any reports (with evidence)
5. Jason in his tweet said non retail contacts so they might not know everything

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Why I think its fake
1. The pamphlet looks fishy (one picture is darker than the other, rp logo instead of teen etc...)
4. Out of sheer luck all the game-stop that have been called or visited don't have the materials yet, at least one of them must have them but I haven't seen any reports (with evidence)
5. Jason in his tweet said non retail contacts so they might not know everything
Not to mention anything reported by kotaku should be taken with a grain of salt

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
Not to mention anything reported by kotaku should be taken with a grain of salt
Jason from Kotaku was also the one who leaked the NMS delay. He received insane amounts of hate and even death threats do to it.

The reactions to that rumor were the same as these reactions with many people coming up with tons of reasons as to why the rumor must be fake.

But it wasn't fake.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Jason from Kotaku was also the one who leaked the NMS delay. He received insane amounts of hate and even death threats do to it.

The reactions to that rumor were the same as these reactions with many people coming up with tons of reasons as to why the rumor must be fake.

But it wasn't fake.
Pretty much. This situation is coming eerily similar.

CyborgHD13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 16, 2015

According to Yasue, the release was supposed to be early December, but they will probably push it to like mid-late December honestly.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Why I think its fake
Dude, delays stink, we can all agree on that. But regardless what is real or fake, if i was given a choice for FFXV to release in a state of techincal mishaps vs giving it more time for breath and polish, i'd pick the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.