FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infest

Returner
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Don't get me wrong I'd love to be wrong on this one, especially because September would've been the perfect time for me to play the game. However FFXV still having technical issues isn't sth. that just came up with the recent "rumour" , various people repotred it back at E3 and weeks before that.So it should not surprising at all that they finally decided to push the game back a few weeks.

Just don't get your hopes up at this point. I was sceptical as well when the rumour popped up because I've never heard of the site. That said if a site like Gematsu who already leaked the original release date back in march says that the same source which reported them the release date back then now confirmes that the rumour from Gamnesia is indeed true, combined with Jason Schreier from Kotaku who "incidentally" got the same info, I just don't have any reason to doubt the credibility of this "rumour" anymore.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I'm astonished people still don't think this is real when @Kagari, myself, Jason at Kotaku, Sal at Gematsu and others have all confirmed we have heard similar from reliable sources.
So then why haven't more photos leaked, a single photo of a sticker hastent even leaked. Only one photo leaking is suspicious also that one photos has some clues it was shopped or made up. Your sources could also be mistaken(like a mistake in the system or something)

If it turns out to be true fine, but some things are not adding up and i'm just calling them out.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
So then why haven't more photos leaked, a single photo of a sticker hastent even leaked. Only one photo leaking is suspicious also that one photos has some clues it was shopped or made up. Your sources could also be mistaken(like a mistake in the system or something)

If it turns out to be true fine, but some things are not adding up and i'm just calling them out.
Nah, mate. Confirmed sauces, bro. No room for that possible fake rumour talk, bruv.

I can't believe you don't believe. Belive dammit!

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015

At this point I don't think it's about the stickers anymore...

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
It's way beyond the rumour status by now. Independent sources from Gematsu and Kotaku who heard the exact same thing as the source are more than enough proof for anyone who's following gaming news on a regularly basis. That's neither a coincidence nor a conspiracy and the only question left is when do they announce it? The logical time and place is gamescom which starts on wednesday.

You can already expect gamescom news to start rolling from tomorrow on though.
Why tomorrow, btw?

Infest

Returner
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Why tomorrow, btw?
Like at E3 many publishers put their news a few days earlier out to not get overshadowed by all the other announcements during the week. Tomorrow is also Monday which is the start of the week and the time where usually many announcements are made (respectively Tuesday depending on where you live).

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Like at E3 many publishers put their news a few days earlier out to not get overshadowed by all the other announcements during the week. Tomorrow is also Monday which is the start of the week and the time where usually many announcements are made (respectively Tuesday depending on where you live).
It Monday right now in Japan their offices should open in a little bit

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Tomorrow's announcement:

Tabata, "we have another big event entitled 'Re-Covered The Revengeance' during Gamescom. Join us at the event to find out the TRUTH!"

AniketosDrakon

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 13, 2016
Re-covered: Final Fantasy XV
Tabata: we have decided to cancel Final Fantasy XV because ya know, who cares. We are pleased to announce a surprise combo event taking place tomorrow. Please come to Auditorium 666 where we will be holding both Uncovered: Kingdom Hearts III and Re-Covered Kingdom Hearts III, all in one show. We are so excited to share some big news with you :p

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I'm astonished people still don't think this is real when @Kagari, myself, Jason at Kotaku, Sal at Gematsu and others have all confirmed we have heard similar from reliable sources.
Arent they more or less basing this off the same source as well as simple gamestop employees?

When i worked at GameStop they never gave us sticker to correct a date, we simply got new stuff, and had it weeks in advance. To be honest there is evidence for both. So i ask you the same question more or less. Do you have concrete proof that not just a simple GameStop employee? People have also saiad they have called their local stores and they knew nothing of it.

To clarify i honestly don't know myself what i think. But people thinking the stuff presented is irrefutable proof is kinda weird in my opinion.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Arent they more or less basing this off the same source as well as simple gamestop employees?

When i worked at GameStop they never gave us sticker to correct a date, we simply got new stuff, and had it weeks in advance. To be honest there is evidence for both. So i ask you the same question more or less. Do you have concrete proof that not just a simple GameStop employee? People have also saiad they have called their local stores and they knew nothing of it.

To clarify i honestly don't know myself what i think. But people thinking the stuff presented is irrefutable proof is kinda weird in my opinion.
I can't speak to others, but for me, at least, the source I verified the claims with has nothing to do with retail. Kotaku's story also says that Jason has two sources: a high-ranking Gamestop employee AND a non-retail source. Gematsu clarify that their source - where ever they were placed - is the same that leaked the original date to them. People are focused on the retail as that's where the initial leak was and where the photos are from, but at this point the various people going along with this story are quoting sources far wider (anonymous as they might be) than a single GameStop employee.

From the perspective of a reporter... people talk to us. Over time, you build relationships where you trust someone. Can I provide you photographic proof? Email chains? No. Not without putting sources at risk, anyway. Do I trust what I have been told/seen? Yes. Absolutely. If I didn't, I wouldn't be saying I think this is all true.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
Lately, I've been seeing people making horsesh** theories and statements based on their supposed knowledge of how things work in terms of delays and how that affects the marketing and let me tell you...... I'm astonished to see those popping up when some people claim to have been a fan of FF or played games for a long time.

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Aug 14, 2016
All over
Lately, I've been seeing people making horsesh** theories and statements based on their supposed knowledge of how things work in terms of delays and how that affects the marketing and let me tell you...... I'm astonished to see those popping up when some people claim to have been a fan of FF or played games for a long time.

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model
I'm constantly amazed at the level of vitriol leveled at this game. Yes, I've been waiting 10 years - but ultimately it's just a game. Yes, it's the Internet and all that, but this news makes AM sports talk radio look like Firing Line in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.