FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
Last edited:

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
User Milkshakes00 made the following post on /r/ffxv titled "I'm a GameStop employee":

There is no word of a delay, but there is no confirmation of a lack of delay, either.

We just recently got a bunch of marketing for the game, including standees, cover art, and the Playstation live displays just updated to include trailer and pictures of it. On top of that, the annoying as fuck TV is spouting the ad for it coming in September is playing every 10 minutes. There is absolutely nothing indicating a delay on our end. No news/execution changes. No date changes in our marketing kits.

Not to pop a bubble, but Gamestop employees would not know about this already. There was a rumor going around the district managers months ago that there might be a delay to November. That was before the official reveal of the release date.

I'm guessing that same rumor is resurfacing, OR, the Ultimate Collectors Edition is getting a November re-release, since Square confirmed they would be redoing and releasing more of them. Or, maybe it's a PC version coming in November, even though I highly doubt that..

Remember, we also listed PC as a pre-order platform for the game when it went up.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I don't see the harm of talking about it.
We all need to wait for official word no matter what. None of this speculation is full confirmation or full refutation. But for some people it's nice to be able to talk about it.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I'm gonna let this remain open for now; it's big news if it's true and there are ongoing developments with new leaks etc. We'll lock this and create a new news thread if the announcement becomes official.
Appreciate it.

So, Gamnesia has posted a pamphlet that's allegedly been distributed to these stores in which there's instructions for replacing the current release date on these promo materials with the new release date. Think big stickers that go over the old date.

Now, there's a GS manager posting on reddit (with a long comment history proving his line of work) who states that he has all the promo material, but knows nothing about so-called extra material to cover up the older release date.

Then there's the fact that there's a YouTube video showing how this promo material (with the original release date) should be assembled. This video dates back to the start of July. So, that makes it clear that this promo material is a bit old, which could explain why there's promo material with the "old" date.

Again, none of this confirms or refutes anything seeing as everything could be made up, as well as the fact that it's all speculation and what not.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I....I think I'm having heart palpitations lol.

I just read how a guy knocked over some chicken nuggets from a plate his mum kindly brought over to his room coz he started raging about the leaked images XD

Status
Not open for further replies.