FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I'm suspecting that maybe the replica regalia is meant for a free update to WoR. Perhaps a future free update will let us drive up to lestallum. That would explain that line Noct says "about it feeling just like real model" and Talcott being your machanic in Hammerhead.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Don't know if this was mentioned already but someone tried to go to angelgard and they get blocked and something tells the chocobros that only when they receive the god's favour can they return. I'm not sure what this means but hopefully that means we can explore angelgard
I saw the scene when you get too close and honestly I think it just means you'll come back at the end after talking with Bahamut. Wouldn't get your hopes up.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Exactly! Thats what I wanted, and instead of doing the stupid underground take that and replace that in expanding more the real city creating separated areas interconnected as you imagined when telling tohe us the leaks, im sure a majority was imagine that. Instead of that shitty structure they made at the end. It feels the same you saw in vanilla but bigger and I was expeting a, little minimal variation in zones and a shit for me.
What a fucking wasted oportunity to me...
I definitely understand the disappointment. I think at this point it's just best to appreciate the expansion we got and the changes that were made. I do want to say that I had no idea what we would be getting, only that it is large enough to merit fast travel points and (apparently) a drivable vehicle. It's best to not overcomplicate our expectations for expansions.

In the end, we get 4 new boss fights that tie directly into the end, and from what I've seen all are very well done and show why each bro (and Cor) are willing to fight for Noctis. We also got new quests there, the ability to fight with our Glaive, tons of new exposition dialogue, new monuments that tell us about some of the past kings, and additional cutscenes.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm suspecting that maybe the replica regalia is meant for a free update to WoR. Perhaps a future free update will let us drive up to lestallum. That would explain that line Noct says "about it feeling just like real model" and Talcott being your machanic in Hammerhead.
I wish this was the case but there is dialogue in the files that say "Now the old girl is ready to take on whatever the city can throw at us" or something like that, implying it's actually in the city itself. I'll make a post on all of this later.

Plus, it also detracts from the Iris phone call, which implies Noctis is never supposed to see Iris again.

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
I wish this was the case but there is dialogue in the files that say "Now the old girl is ready to take on whatever the city can throw at us" or something like that, implying it's actually in the city itself. I'll make a post on all of this later.

Plus, it also detracts from the Iris phone call, which implies Noctis is never supposed to see Iris again.
I saw your comment on the other thread and make sense the gates in Insomnia being there to the car travel around the city.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I definitely understand the disappointment. I think at this point it's just best to appreciate the expansion we got and the changes that were made. I do want to say that I had no idea what we would be getting, only that it is large enough to merit fast travel points and (apparently) a drivable vehicle. It's best to not overcomplicate our expectations for expansions.

In the end, we get 4 new boss fights that tie directly into the end, and from what I've seen all are very well done and show why each bro (and Cor) are willing to fight for Noctis. We also got new quests there, the ability to fight with our Glaive, tons of new exposition dialogue, new monuments that tell us about some of the past kings, and additional cutscenes.
Just thanks for understanding me. Im happy for all they make, at the end of they adding things is better than nothing but thanks for, understanding (its hard for me trying tohe explain that things in English) my complain about the city and what could have been.
Ill try to enjoy tomorrow the best I can but my dissapointment is so big, and the more I see streams thee more dissapointed I am.

And man, thanks for everything ypu have been doing all this time. Its a privilege!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think, if we ever see Iris/Aranea/Cindy again via a timeskip/WoR expansion, it will be either through a significant Comrades update or a dedicated DLC to them out of the 4 new ones we are getting. This may follow what she was thinking during this time period and how she became a daemon slayer.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i expected a city in ruins and thats what i got, i dont think theres much room for variation in a setting like this (all dark, same lightning, war-torn buildings and streets) and they decided to focus on the citadel.

of course its not perfect but its easily better than the original map, which you could traverse in 15m or less, now we have more sidequests, scenes, bosses, lore... its an improvement.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
i expected a city in ruins and thats what i got, i dont think theres much room for variation in a setting like this (all dark, same lightning, war-torn buildings and streets) and they decided to focus on the citadel.

of course its not perfect but its easily better than the original map, which you could traverse in 15m or less, now we have more sidequests, scenes, bosses, lore... its an improvement.
Yup! And literally the datamine got everything except for 2 (albeit, semi-major) things correct so I'd say it's very worth what we got.

And I guess we'll have to wait about those other 2 things to see if they are addressed in the future.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Maybe for a Niflheim expansion, Square Enix should advertise what to actually expect in there, and make sure no story scenes are miss-able, they did well here, but the Cor scenes should've been more tied to the main story rather than side content, but I'm satisfied with what I saw of the Royal Pack DLC, and I'm looking forward to playing it. We should make our voices heard on stuff like this to improve future expansions, on how what worked and what didn't.

IronLucisCaelum

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 5, 2018
What is "WoR"?

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018

You know I love you so much but man dont say that... of course I was expecting a city in ruins, all dark, and everything but man, a little just a little variation between zones or streets. The problem, its hard to understand but I think paper did, is that it feels the same map but literally bigger and I was expecting something more, you have the feeling wherever you go you are in the same places but the details are changed.
Was expecting a, little more variety there, long roads as we had in mind and walking through them to go to other interconnected zones around the city.
But what we get is just the castle surround expanded and the stupid and useless inderground shit (they could have reused that resources in really expanding the city through the roads and create interconnected places) that no one asked for.

Again, of course adding things is better than nothing man. But they could have done million times better with the same resources. Thats what I think.

Feb 19, 2018
Just woke up randomly, but I have one other theory. Maybe all the new Regalia quests need to be completed to have the Regalia in Insomnia. The new quests are for off roading, maybe that's what triggers it.
When you get the chance can you check out that King's Journey stuff? I heavily suspect it's how we get Armiger Unleashed. No rush though.

Feb 19, 2018
Just woke up randomly, but I have one other theory. Maybe all the new Regalia quests need to be completed to have the Regalia in Insomnia. The new quests are for off roading, maybe that's what triggers it.
I still stand by what I said in that if you could drive around Insomnia they would have showed it in the trailer. It’s a feature that would make people want to buy the pack.

It’s clear it was planned. The question now is whether t was scrapped, or could still be implemented.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Or maybe you just have to go on boat for five hours as I saw how much you enjoyed in the streaming JAJAJAJAJAJAJA youll always be for me the man on the boat. Maybe if you really enjoy the boat you can go with it to Insomnia and then Cidny puts wheels!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I still stand by what I said in that if you could drive around Insomnia they would have showed it in the trailer. It’s a feature that would make people want to buy the pack.

It’s clear it was planned. The question now is whether t was scrapped, or could still be implemented.
but they hinted at it in a japanese interview