FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

47D

Yevonite
Feb 17, 2018
While I love the updates, I hate how confusing all the new content is. If I didn't have the trailer or this forum, I would have no idea about the Cor cutscene, the Replica Regalia, or the AU. Hell, I'm still confused about the Type-D side quest.

[People are saying the Type-D side quest is post game. Yet I can still use the Type-D during the story mode through my old save files]

I wish Square would have made the content more clear for new players, or at least given us better hints.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
While I love the updates, I hate how confusing all the new content is. If I didn't have the trailer or this forum, I would have no idea about the Cor cutscene, the Replica Regalia, or the AU. Hell, I'm still confused about the Type-D side quest.

[People are saying the Type-D side quest is post game. Yet I can still use the Type-D during the story mode through my old save files]

I wish Square would have made the content more clear for new players, or at least given us better hints.
Yeah, that is my only problem with it so far, it's hard to tell how things work, besides the miss-able Cor scene, but so far, I'm enjoying it and having fun with Insomnia. I did Chapter Select, and as I result, my Type-D was gone, so it might have been moved to post-game.

Edit:

@Storm Yeah, I'm enjoying the Armiger Unleashed a lot, they could've made Noctis' move-set better, but oh well.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

tbh all those missables / hard to find content are a positive to me.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
So it seems Apocalypsis was the move that interviewer spoke about looking like KoTR since Noctis takes the same stance with the same white hot fiery energy emanating from the ring though noticeably without the extreme amounts of pain and ashen skin this time around. A bit bummed we didn't get at least a more nerfed version of KoTR with just the 3 that you fight but oh well.

Also is it just me or is AU draining really fast? With the focus on more skill based combat I expected it to be a permanent mode you could enter and leave at will but it seems just as limited as normal Armiger in that video.
Whenever you phase by holding square in AU you regain time on the bar. I tried out at camp.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
That's good to hear. I can't get the RE stuff right away so right now I have no way of testing it for myself. The info is appreciated.
No problem, tho i wish someone would confirm if we're able to deactivate AU whenever we want. I say this because I was in AU mode in camp and i returned to base form without losing all of my hp, maybe it's a glitch but it would be great to use the bar strategically.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
So it seems Apocalypsis was the move that interviewer spoke about looking like KoTR since Noctis takes the same stance with the same white hot fiery energy emanating from the ring though noticeably without the extreme amounts of pain and ashen skin this time around. A bit bummed we didn't get at least a more nerfed version of KoTR with just the 3 that you fight but oh well.

Also is it just me or is AU draining really fast? With the focus on more skill based combat I expected it to be a permanent mode you could enter and leave at will but it seems just as limited as normal Armiger in that video.
It's the tutorial so Noct is at the base level with no AP skills, not sure if that has any effect on it?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I beat Chapter 14, I enjoyed the new content added there, but I still can't find out how to start the Type-D quests, or have access to it, I'm in Chapter 15.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018

I actually love the way they designed it. It feels like they're not treating their fanbase like it's dumb anymore, and it reminds me of how things were kept secret in older FF and having people work hard to find them out (or wait for an official guide). I haven't looked at instructions on how to find Bismark, Cor, or the Regalia but I'm looking forward to exploring and finding out myself!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I actually love the way they designed it. It feels like they're not treating their fanbase like it's dumb anymore, and it reminds me of how things were kept secret in older FF and having people work hard to find them out (or wait for an official guide). I haven't looked at instructions on how to find Bismark, Cor, or the Regalia but I'm looking forward to exploring and finding out myself!
this

will be even better for people beginning right now