FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
No. In the recent interviews translated by shuya Tabata said they finally opted for having different teams for the different dlcs, but they get together before each one is releasing to revising but the model is four teams for the four dlcs and they are doing it at the same time. Of course the longers will take much more time.
You have it backwards. Previous DLC's had different teams. We have no idea how the DLC's are structured this time. Going by what he said, I have a feeling that it will have separate directors, but the majority of the same people are working on each 1 at a time.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I got it today. To be honest I'm a bit dissappointed. The boat feels nice but offers nothing but more fishing spots (and I HATE fishing in games, it pisses me off in every Zelda, and was tough for me in Nier -_-) and photo ops. I had hopes for checking out smaller islands or Anglegard but oh well :/ I just started Insomnia and it seems nice. And I'm also a moron because I spent a few hours doing Cindy's quests and racing games on my old save and then I forgot that I was playing in the past...so nothing happened and I got no car in WoR lol. xD

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
yes, they updated the assets a bit, they look more detailed than before.

was really noticeable while you summon and can view the entire city from above.
I thought that was the case, the added details are nice, the expanded Insomnia looks great and beautiful, and fun to explore, and I still explore it despite already filling in the map, and I also acquired the Replica Regalia Type-D in Insomnia today.

mcreation

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 21, 2018
I thought that was the case, the added details are nice, the expanded Insomnia looks great and beautiful, and fun to explore, and I still explore it despite already filling in the map, and I also acquired the Replica Regalia Type-D in Insomnia today.
I noticed it too, even in the ifrit fight when bahamut is summoned the city looks much better

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I noticed it too, even in the ifrit fight when bahamut is summoned the city looks much better
It was really cool to see the way the city was segmented and raised on different levels from that angle. Plus the moonlight piercing through the miasma from where Bahamut's sword fell is the icing on the cake, really makes for an even more beautiful version of an already visually stunning scene.

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
A very cool discovery I made in the Royal Edition is that they fixed the aesthetic of the warp-hanging. Previously you would hang from a generic blade, but now you hang from the sword you have equipped!

So the one handed sword that Noct is using will be stuck in the wall that he's hanging down from. And if Noct does not have a sword equipped, it'll be the Engine Blade <3

EDIT: took pictures of all available sword designs as of now

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
A very cool discovery I made in the Royal Edition is that they fixed the aesthetic of the warp-hanging. Previously you would hang from a generic blade, but now you hang from the sword you have equipped!

So the one handed sword that Noct is using will be stuck in the wall that he's hanging down from. And if Noct does not have a sword equipped, it'll be the Engine Blade <3

Now let's hope they add back the feature of hanging from spears/shuriken as was the case in both demos.
even royal weapon swords?

thats neat

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
even royal weapon swords?
thats neat
Not royal weapons lol. But it's great that they did this, I hated how before it used to be a low-level generic blade (that the person may not even had in their possession). Now even DLC sword work, I tested with the Lighting's Blade and Ragnarok.

Next we hope for royal arms and other weapon animations to get this treatment, is was there in past trailers/demos, they have to bring it back :mad:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's been that way for awhile, I haven't seen him use just the generic sword while I've had a specific short sword equipped since ED (and Comrades obvi since there's no short swords).

Here's a shot from at least January for him using my Ultima Blade, know I for sure saw him use Ragnarok when it came out as well.

Attachments

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's been that way for awhile, I haven't seen him use just the generic sword while I've had a specific short sword equipped since ED (and Comrades obvi since there's no short swords).

Here's a shot from at least January for him using my Ultima Blade, know I for sure saw him use Ragnarok when it came out as well.
Ultima Blade yes. But as for the other ones, I tested this in Summer 2017 and it was just the generic blade for all non-engine-blade swords.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
after watching some livestreams, i really think

they should rely more on healing with the Rescue mechanic like in comrades
warping should cost more

@Mystugan
about that image, it might be just a representation or a future scene.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Chapter 14 is now the best chapter of FFXV for me, Chapters 10 and 13 come close second and third, thanks to the Royal Pack. It now truly feels like an epic finale due to the story content, expanded Insomnia map, character involvement, whether it would be people or the Astrals, and the new main bosses added to it, as well as updating Ardyn in some way. I'm proud of Tabata and his team for improving the finale, it is more impacting, engaging, and satisfying than the original Chapter 14 was. I'm looking forward to Episode Ardyn, the DLC Episode I'm most excited about, and the other three DLC Episodes as well.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Chapter 14 is now the best chapter of FFXV for me, Chapters 10 and 13 come close second and third, thanks to the Royal Pack. It now truly feels like an epic finale due to the story content, expanded Insomnia map, character involvement, whether it would be people or the Astrals, and the new main bosses added to it, as well as updating Ardyn in some way. I'm proud of Tabata and his team for improving the finale, it is more impacting, engaging, and satisfying than the original Chapter 14 was. I'm looking forward to Episode Ardyn, the DLC Episode I'm most excited about, and the other three DLC Episodes as well.
What I find most impressive about the new Chapter 14 is how effectively it magnifies what the game originally was.

Noct was always meant to be the sacrificial savior king, but the scenes with Cor and the Kingsglaive magnify that aspect of him.

The return to Insomnia was always meant to be bittersweet as a result of the city's destruction, but Ardyn setting the city on fire really drives that home.

Ardyn was always a petty and vicious troll of a main villain, but him setting the city on fire and using the new and old Walls to torment Noct more makes him even more of that.

The section just before Ardyn was always meant to reach the peak level of epicness, but the new fights take that up to eleven.

Noct's relationship with Luna was always meant to be one where he could never reach her, and the new cutscene doesn't betray that arc.

And finally, the final boss was always meant to be more of a personal battle than a test of one's ability as a gamer, and it's still that, even if Ardyn got a few cool new moves.

It definitely feels like the new Chapter 14 is how the game wanted to end all along. It just took the extra year of work to actually implement it. XD;