FFXV 2019 DLC Content Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lexica

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 2, 2018
UK
Im going out on a limb here but if square are doing ffxv imperial edition and that based on royal edition being about aspects of lucis then the last dlc could be about niflheim in a way since it is an empire maybe the next dlc will chart journeys for ardyn as how he got to power, ravus and luna's time living under the empires rule and the last one being about exploring the area in some way just my thoughts these are not really anything that would be based on fixing ffxv plot just expanding it but who knows what they are doing lol

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think the next 4 DLC will not only expand on the story of other characters (Ardyn, Luna, etc), but also expand in the world we play in and how we play it.

Think of it similar to how the Royal Edition handled adding new things to Lucis. I believe episode Ardyn/Luna will be accessible through the main story in fragments. If you play the game from the beginning, these pieces of content could be optional, but slowly distributed to you as you encounter them (changing character perspective; Luna's could be more of an early content thing, Ardyn's would be more late game due to his reveal). When you beat them, you unlock a little more of something new in the main game (be it a new mechanic, magic, area to explore, etc).

Those that have beat the game and want to just experience them whole could potentially access them in post game as a complete story if they weren't completed in the main game.

Things like a Niflheim expansion, Lucis/Accordo expansions, or an Insomnia prologue could be done the same exact way. I think directly adding to both halves of the game to make it a more complete experience is the way to go.

Tabata and crew have said they want to steer clear of separate, plot filling episodes that focus on one event. This is why im confident it will be something along these lines: multi-chapter events that directly affect the main game and new things you receive or get to do (new abilities, magic, areas, side-quests, you name it).

Each individually may not be exactly HUGE in terms of additions (something like Royal Edition sized or a tad larger seems like a feasable thing), but all 4 together quite literally may add another half of a final fatnasy game by the end of it all. It may actually feel "Complete" by then, along with the future free updates, movie, anime, and the rest if the universe.

This is how I personally think the content will be delivered. And if you don't want to play the game over everytime, it will all be available post game.

Bonus: Dub Brotherhood and add them as free menu based episodes we can watch after starting chapter 8. we can unlock them as we unlock everything else in the menu, either through finding something in the world or completing something. Canon-wise, the episodes should take place around there, even though gladio's scars would be missing:/

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
We also know for a fact that they said the next upcoming DLCs will be far more related to the main plot than the year one episodes were.
Exactly. I feel like they have to go the route of expanding on the main story/world/gameplay as a result. How though is another question entirely. Very interested in these next few months

Feb 19, 2018
I would be happy with a three part Ardyn story set in the time of the founder king and a Niflheim expansion.

And that’s exactly what I think we’re going to get :)

Feb 19, 2018
I want them to add an equippable item that let's us use magic like in KG and Comrades or add a new mechanic. I already wrote it somewhere else but I'll write here again, I'd love it if in combat pressing L2 would bring up a magic wheel where the weapon wheel is and allow you to select one of the 3 elemental magics in the game with the d-pad. Then pressing circle in conjunction with L2 would let Noctis fire off the selected element. How long you hold circle before firing determines how strong it is and the time it takes to recharge or maybe spell strength could be tied to the ascension grid (i.e. purchasing the skill to fire off Firaga instead of just Fire). Since L2 (and its equivalent on other systems) is free during combat aside from when the summon prompt comes up or when you press it in conjunction with L1 for character swap this type of magic system could easily be worked in.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I just hope they update the first chapter as they did with the last, game needs a proper prologue
That it does. Tbh, even a linear one that follows Noct as a prince in Insomnia for a day before they leave would be such a great send off, and just do so much for the rest of the narrative.

The game comes full circle and ends in Insomnia, it should properly start there.

I'm hoping for that, along with some significant additions to Niflheim, Accordo and Lucis in different ways. Hopefully we'll see an entirely different game this time next year.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Reposting from another thread:

I actually hope that a Luna episode is part of the biggest free update we have yet to get in the game. Chapter 13v2 proved that it is possible to add more significant story content for free. The fact that I found her stuff in files before i could find any Episode Ardyn related stuff (save for sequence lines, but nothing related to actually playing him like Luna) leads me to actually suspect this.

Basically:
Ardyn: Paid DLC- 3-6 hours, new setting/open world, multi chapter story. Set in parts of the games second half (they said they don't to make DLC separate anymore, but they'd have to do this without spoiling his reveal if its integrated intonthe story.

Luna: Free Update- 1-2 hours, dungeon type(Related to awaking Ramuh and Angelgard like the cut concepts?). Set within a certain chapter before Altissia. Unlocks the Sylleblossom quest in post game of you do it. Can be played like Chapter 13 v2.

3 more DLC depicting other things. I think personally expanding the beginning (Prologue/Lucis), middle (Accordo), and end (Niflheim) would be the best route this game could go for those 3. Revamping how each of them is structured and updates the way the game is played. While I like character episodes, we need more for Noct to do, like the Royal Pack.

I think the first two are coming out at similar times. This could be why Tabata has been very coy about directly answering if Episode Luna is happening or not.

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
^ Completely agree, that's the future roadmap I'm looking forward too the most, the only other big things I'd add would be free updates like WoR and a magic/summoning update and also a invasion dlc perhaps the prequel/invasion could be combined into 1 final big Insomnia pack. I mean, there's a ton of other smaller updates that could go a long way too but I won't delve into those now. Also, something I'd like along with the Niffleheim expansion is the ability to fly/take the boat there post-game.

I don't know why it's technically located in the same place as Lucis at the moment, but hopefully they can open up their world editor or something and drag it out too an appropriate place in the ocean lol... I wonder how far away it would have to be in order for it too load in before we got there? Hmm.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'd like at some point they release a damange cap removal as a QoL feature. Currently the only things that can go beyond 9,999 are Link moves, Techniques and Magic crafted with specific material.
This could come in handy for some weapons that have very slow attack speed animation.

DEMON

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Im going out on a limb here but if square are doing ffxv imperial edition and that based on royal edition being about aspects of lucis then the last dlc could be about niflheim in a way since it is an empire maybe the next dlc will chart journeys for ardyn as how he got to power, ravus and luna's time living under the empires rule and the last one being about exploring the area in some way just my thoughts these are not really anything that would be based on fixing ffxv plot just expanding it but who knows what they are doing lol
I really hope we get something like this too, Niflheim needs expanded upon.

Borzas2010

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 1, 2016
Noctis episode: Probably the new final boss is ETRO herself, (the one who talked o ignis in episode ignis I think it was etro not the crystal)
The NEW Ending: probably a happy ending when Arden, noctis and the bros is alive and luna died alone, so noctis and the others are make chips, and foods noctis wearing Mexican uniform and singing and dancing like a Mexicans, in insomnia palace.

Feb 18, 2018
Noctis episode: Probably the new final boss is ETRO herself, (the one who talked o ignis in episode ignis I think it was etro not the crystal)
That was probably Luna, atleast it was her voice, and it 100% sounded like her by the way she talked.

Luna's voice actresses are mentionned in Episode Ignis's credits. It could be Etro... But it'd be odd to have Luna's English/Japanese/French & German voice actresses voice Etro lol

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm already satisfied with Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes, those two Episodes along with the Season 1 Episodes will be in my replay next year in Spring, I'm excited and happy that Ardyn's Episode is set in his past, and I get to play as Aranea, and see more of her, and see the Niflheim empire's downfall from the Starscourge, and potentially exploring some of Gralea, finally it might have a purpose unlike the main game, which are things I am excited about, and Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes and the stories these two Episodes have that excite me the most, as well as my most wanted, as I wanted to see Ardyn's past 2,000 years ago, and see ancient Eos, and seeing what happened to the Niflheim empire.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The NEW Ending: probably a happy ending when Arden, noctis and the bros is alive and luna died alone, so noctis and the others are make chips, and foods noctis wearing Mexican uniform and singing and dancing like a Mexicans, in insomnia palace.
that was entertaining lol

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm already satisfied with Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes, those two Episodes along with the Season 1 Episodes will be in my replay next year in Spring, I'm excited and happy that Ardyn's Episode is set in his past, and I get to play as Aranea, and see more of her, and see the Niflheim empire's downfall from the Starscourge, and potentially exploring some of Gralea, finally it might have a purpose unlike the main game, which are things I am excited about, and Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes and the stories these two Episodes have that excite me the most, as well as my most wanted, as I wanted to see Ardyn's past 2,000 years ago, and see ancient Eos, and seeing what happened to the Niflheim empire.
Luna is likely not an alternate thing as well. We have no idea how all of this is gonna go. He'll, maybe even Nocts is mostly canon