FFXV 2019 DLC Content Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I still dont get the timeline of Ep Ardyn, description mentions a clash with the astrals but they are supposed to be sleeping during his time... unless the dlc will cover multiple points of his life
Bahamut was the only Astral still awake at that time, and perhaps it could cover multiple points, but who really knows for sure.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Bahamut was the only Astral still awake at that time, and perhaps it could cover multiple points, but who really knows for sure.
that is correct, i think its mentioned in comrades

he's the only one that remained awake

it seems the astrals werent sleeping all the time anyway, because the kings were doing the covenants.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
that is correct, i think its mentioned in comrades

he's the only one that remained awake

it seems the astrals werent sleeping all the time anyway, because the kings were doing the covenants.

This is why I don't think it will solely take place 2000 years ago. Perhaps a small prologue where he is "betrayed" by Bahamut and Somnus, but other than that, it could very well be about reviving Ifrit, killing Shiva, and using Niflhiem's armies to his advantage.

I'm really excited because both his and Araneas DLC could actually give more spotlight to some of the villains in the game that were underutilized.

Feb 19, 2018
Going by Episode Ignis' structuring (it was the only Episode to have actual chapters) and the confirmation that these upcoming DLCs are going to be much more substantial I'm gonna go ahead and guess that these upcoming DLCs will easily have about 6-7 short chapters each since it's the same guy that's directing them all. That would mean we can easily get a few chapters on Ardyn's past, a couple others that cover his clashes with the Astrals like his awakening of Ifrit which probably didn't happen without a fight and his fight with Shiva, then finally something that ties into the Extra Verse. I'm assuming that maybe his rejection by the crystal didn't happen as peacefully as we seem to think it did either. For all we know there was probably a big fight with Somnus where even Bahamut got involved (a god getting involved to stop you would definitely sway public opinion of you). So I can see how they'd be able to work in multiple Astral clashes.

Feb 19, 2018
because i think the other alternate dlcs will somehow use the same "rules" of this alternate verse.
Noct growing in power to point of being even more powerful than the 6 was a thing in the original timeline as well, I don't know if Bahamut says it outright but at the least it's heavily implied that Noctis is the only one powerful enough to stop the Starscourge and actually kill Ardyn. Otherwise if that weren't the case I doubt the Astrals would've sat around waiting for the Chosen King for 2000 years instead of smiting Ardyn the first chance they got (I mean we even see Shiva do it and he's back good as new like 3 seconds later in chapter 12). So it's not something unique to Verse 2. Hell even that cutscene actually happens before the divergence in timelines since it's Pryna who gives Ignis the vision before dying meaning Noct's power level doesn't fluctuate between the timelines.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm curious as to how Aranea will play, one thing that might be for sure, is that she might be more of an aerial fighter, and that actually matches up my Comrades' fighting style; I'm more of an aerial fighter, and if Aranea is an aerial fighter in her game-play, I could enjoy it depending on how it could be handled.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Noct growing in power to point of being even more powerful than the 6 was a thing in the original timeline as well, I don't know if Bahamut says it outright but at the least it's heavily implied that Noctis is the only one powerful enough to stop the Starscourge and actually kill Ardyn. Otherwise if that weren't the case I doubt the Astrals would've sat around waiting for the Chosen King for 2000 years instead of smiting Ardyn the first chance they got (I mean we even see Shiva do it and he's back good as new like 3 seconds later in chapter 12). So it's not something unique to Verse 2. Hell even that cutscene actually happens before the divergence in timelines since it's Pryna who gives Ignis the vision before dying meaning Noct's power level doesn't fluctuate between the timelines.
you got a point here, but its not heavily implied that noctis is more powerful than the astrals in the main game (he still needs them in the end).

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
you got a point here, but its not heavily implied that noctis is more powerful than the astrals in the main game (he still needs them in the end).
Bahamut calls the power of Providence that Noctis receives "the sole means to ending the immortal Accursed. A power greater than even that of the Six, purifying all by the Light of the Crystal and the glaives of rulers past."

That seems like more than just heavy implication. *shrugs*

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Bahamut calls the power of Providence that Noctis receives "the sole means to ending the immortal Accursed. A power greater than even that of the Six, purifying all by the Light of the Crystal and the glaives of rulers past."

That seems like more than just heavy implication. *shrugs*
forgot about that ç_ç