FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I kind of feel like the World of Ruin was almost designed to create a sense of longing in the player -- you really want to go out and see what the world is like and help out, but you can't, because you're really just there to make the ultimate sacrifice.

It's a perfect setting for the multiplayer addition and the mobile game, though, so I imagine we'll get plenty of lore from it in the long run. >_>;

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
+ 100 hours, got ultima blade and doing post-game is really fun

i just spotted one royal tomb while i was flying, love the regalia-f

about the support the game will receive, we don't know if it will be massive like we expect; it's better to wait for the first DLC to see if there's plenty of content.

edit: spoilers

http://i.imgur.com/4AT6Q7K.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iZ7AO7E.jpg

unrelated

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz9DGmUVQAECJo0.jpg
How did you get Aranea in Altissia?!?

Also I discovered that pic of Gladio yday when I camped at Cape Caem. Was a real surprise lol how funny xD

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Best glitch ever imo then lol

Might be overkill but I got the Ultima Blade in chapter 3.
damn overleveling/overpowering in this game is so easy.

in my second playtrought i'll be using the low-lvl limiter almost all the time to maintain challenge.

edit: just fought Bennu, amazing; FFXV have definitely one of the best bosses/enemies in the franchise in terms of visual spectacle and fun they provide; the quantity is what surprises me.

also did Rock of Ravatogh and got
the last royal weapon.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
damn overleveling/overpowering in this game is so easy.

in my second playtrought i'll be using the low-lvl limiter almost all the time to maintain challenge.

edit: just fought Bennu, amazing; FFXV have definitely one of the best bosses/enemies in the franchise in terms of visual spectacle and fun they provide; the quantity is what surprises me.

also did Rock of Ravatogh and got
the last royal weapon.
I went straight to get the materials for the weapon and tried to avoid over levelling.

Easier said than done because the sidequests does give you a lot of exp xD

Was kinda hard to stop doing the side quests once I got the flow going lol.

Rock of Ravatogh was a spectacular sight to behold imo. Very well designed.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So I just did the glitch where
you can make Aranea a permanent party member. I recommend creating a separate save file for this because you can't fish while she's with you.

Saved a separate slot at chapter 8 since that seems to be the earliest time you can get her.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Just thought I'd explain why I think the story patch would be substantial and not just a minor thing.
While I totally agree with just about everything you just said about what was cut, I think you're setting yourself up if you think it's all coming back. Once the decision is made to cut these things, they're gone, and "the story that is" is solidified. When they go back to make the story make more sense, my guess is that they'll be patching the story that is up rather than reverting it to the story that was planned.

I agree that they'll try to use as many of the existing resources as possible, but not necessarily for the same purposes.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
While I totally agree with just about everything you just said about what was cut, I think you're setting yourself up if you think it's all coming back. Once the decision is made to cut these things, they're gone, and "the story that is" is solidified. When they go back to make the story make more sense, my guess is that they'll be patching the story that is up rather than reverting it to the story that was planned.

I agree that they'll try to use as many of the existing resources as possible, but not necessarily for the same purposes.
It's as you say, they're gonna patch up the story as is instead of changing scenes around. It's the most likely scenario since financial resources and time are a major factor.

So things like Tenebrae burning when we arrive and the Shiva statue stage will remain the same, even though they may have finished the groundwork for the alternative for these.

Either way, people will riot if they keep the story as is and patch it up, or change the scenes to alternative sequences.

I know this fanbase well enough that if something doesn't adhere 100% to their views then it's nothing more than a major disappointment.

It's just how their mentality is from what I've seen. Curious as to what the story patches will be.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Holy crap that is some very nice concept art!

Ardyn! My gosh those artworks make him look sooo interesting. I swear I wanna know more about his past.

Very nice finds and thanks for sharing. Don't have the artbook unfortunately.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Minor or complaint i have about a certain weapon, its the shuriken.

The fact that you can't airstep with it in mid-air unless you juggle it with the short sword or lance bites a bit. It was amazing in Platinum Demo. T-T

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think most people already know this but I'll post it here. Tbh I didn't know this myself until I read this again. Skimmed the last time I read it. Probably shouldn't do that xD

"The Holiday Pack + includes exclusive content and can only be downloaded by players who purchased the FINAL FANTASY XV SEASON PASS. However, the items differ between both packs, so even if you have the season pass purchased, you’ll still need to download the Holiday Pack (Free Version)!"

Edit: Note to self - read about content updates on the offical SE website/blog always.

Last edited: