FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, whatever love you might have for Versus (I know Nomura and Nojima can be a public danger, but I actually really like that concept read there), it's still a shame that we what we got (XV) wasn't certainly ready to launch and needed considerably more than a few months in the oven.

Again, if that's true (I like these leaks and speculation, fake or true, nonetheless), the part that bothers me the most by far is the possible cuts done in the later areas/chapters of the game, especifically the one that has more promise (you know which one if you've played the game). By that point I was so used to be teased and then the game going "lol no" that I wasn't even surprised :hahaha:.

Also, Ferrari's comments are a god send: they're not very enlightening, but the fact that we get to have some sort of insight into that clusterfuck of development that was Versus/XV is still pretty incredible by itself. I just hope he doesn't get in trouble or anything.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I checked the 4chan thread and there's other bits of information:

- Gentiana used to carry a weapon and she was in contact with other characters in the old game so -i suppose- that she might not have been a summon in the old game. The only thing I have heard on Shiva was XV. [this goes in line with what roberto ferrari said about her, but since the leaker posted after this information was made public you never know]

- There were old concepts for metro trains which were repurposed. [this matches the omen trailer]

- The train was always intended for the last acts of the game. But there was more content in each station.

- The encounter with the emperor was different, so the original fight was cut. Ravus was intended to have a fight originally but it was not in the schedule for a long time. I already said the fight with Leviathan was different (I forgot to say that Luna was supposed to appear as a member in the interface in this fight, sorry that I missed this detail but I take oportunity to say it now)

- This does not make sense probably as I remind again: a lot of what I know from the old game was from concepts and conversations with other members of the team, I did not work on the game and I did not read scripts for the game. [talking about versus]

- The empire generals were more featured in the game originally. Caligo was involved with the Luna scenes that were cut and Ravus did not like him. Loqi was supposed to fight Noctis and Cor in the section after Altissia.

- I don't know if more download content is planned (I left the team in June...), the only story content that was planned were the playable episodes for the three party members. However, people who are still working on the team have told me that if the download content is well received, they will think about making something special for other characters. I don't know if they have changed the schedule for the download content since I left. [obviously he only knows about DLCs already announced]

- I already said that Prompto and Gladio were supposed to leave the party after Altissia to look after Ignis. Noctis would drive the car on his own and would meet Cor.

- Was Insomnia even intended to be a much larger open world? Same for Altissia. Was the area around Altissia supposed to be explorable? his awnser: No.

- I don't know, but I don't think download content will be very big in terms of scope [he left the team in june tho].

edit:

http://is.4chan.org/v/1482869277098.png

to be honest she always looked pale to me lol

but there's something that can debunk this leak, wait a minute

edit 2: sqex.info domain it's gone? there was an interview translated that said "the guys would give Noctis a hard time about Stella", meaning that they would be able to see her.

Last edited:

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
- I don't know, but I don't think download content will be very big in terms of scope
I don't know but new fully voice acted cutscenes and changes in second part of the game can already be considered as pretty big updates, in my opinion.
Unless SE will just forgot about these updates, like they forgot about PS4 Pro 60 fps patch in December :D

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

Boom!

Highly recommend it to anyone who felt the game was a bit too easy. This wasn't actually all THAT punishing, but it was enough to really inject some life into the combat.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
You know, there was also a "reason" Verendus was allowed to spread his leaks for a few years despite being full of shit.
Heh, that was exactly what I was going to say. =P'

Also, it seems worth noting that

much like older!Cindy's absence, it makes no sense for the supposedly-complete dark version of Lestallum not to have been used in the "sun rises over Eos" montage given that Hammerhead and Insomnia were both represented by their World of Ruin forms.

EDIT:
but there's something that can debunk this leak, wait a minute

edit 2: sqex.info domain it's gone? there was an interview translated that said "the guys would give Noctis a hard time about Stella", meaning that they would be able to see her.
Nothing is ever truly gone on the internet. ;)

Comments from Re:Riplai: Noctis and the other 3 young men have been friends for a long time, since childhood. Final Fantasy Versus XIII begins with the 4 of them in action. Since there isn't a female presence in their group, there's no one to impress and they can speak their minds freely. For instance, his friends can give Noctis a hard time about Stella...

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
stella is the more interesting character on paper, but she could end like luna with little screen-time for all we know.
Thats particularly why they got rid of her, outside of FNC relations. Her role was small and inactive going by what tabata stated.

edit:

we do see ghost luna in the train lol
Ain't a loli tho

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Thats particularly why they got rid of her, outside of FNC relations. Her role was small and inactive going by what tabata stated.

Ain't a loli tho

at least she wouldn`t die, and she was joining the party at some point

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I had found a neat little easter egg (when the last demo released) and I had posted it on the FFXV forums to see if anyone could figure out what it was. However, no one did.

So cookies to anyone who can find it (I think it hasn't been noticed yet by many people).

It's likely to be found only while playing in Japanese voices. It's a neat little nod to Reno from FFVII.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://i.imgur.com/oiJDu4q.jpg

i thought this was coincidental, i was wrong lol

It's likely to be found only while playing in Japanese voices. It's a neat little nod to Reno from FFVII.
does it have something to do with Ardyn's VA? ;P

Comments from Re:Riplai: Noctis and the other 3 young men have been friends for a long time, since childhood. Final Fantasy Versus XIII begins with the 4 of them in action. Since there isn't a female presence in their group, there's no one to impress and they can speak their minds freely. For instance, his friends can give Noctis a hard time about Stella...
THIS, no way noctis friends would give him a hard time about stella if only noctis and other mediums could see her... unless noctis was supposed to tell them he was seeing someone that nobody is seeing, but then the plot twist would be obvious.

the script might have changed since this interview but it made me doubt the leak even more now.

edit:

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://superespresso.tumblr.com/tagged/Final-fantasy-XV

new ultimania details:

When asked about Ifrit's role in the story and why he decided to unleash the Starscourge after falling out with the other five gods, Tabata answered "Sorry, I don't know the details". =/

A character called "Safay Roth" was cut during development. He was a Niflheim general and his role ended up being filled with traces of Ardyn's character. The "SAF" letters in the Niflheim ships were left in the final designs to honor this general that never made it to the final game.

Prompto Besithia was adopted when he was one year old by the Argentum family of Lucis.

Ardyn's timeline

timeline from 34 years prior to the start of the game

34 years ago:
Entered Nifleheim Empire
Proposed the development of Magitek soldiers. Used this to take office as Chancellor.

31 years ago:
Introduced magitek soldiers into the war between Nifleheim and Lucis

10 years ago:
Contact made with the Lucis general Drautos.

11 years ago:
Suppressed Shiva in ice in the Groves Valley

Immediately before events of main series:

Visited the kingdom of Insomnia to propose a cease-fire.

Lunafreya’s timeline:

0 years:
Born as the eldest daughter. Gentiana settles with the Fleuret family.

12 years:
Noctis visits Tennabrae to receive healing.
Nifelheim attacks and Luna’s mother is killed by Sir Glaucca.

13 years
Told by Shiva about the covenants.

16 years:
Thank-you letter sent to Prompto for Pryna’s safety
First covenant with a god entered.

24 years
Engagement to Noctis via the empire. (I think? This one is a bit blurry)
Traveled to Lucis’ capital of Insomnia.

"i don't know" lol, really dissapointed with his awnser

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
...can we put the Ultimania stuff in a spoiler forum thread to avoid having to spoiler tag everything? It seems like it'd be easier.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Honestly the best team attack in the game imo.

It's the Adamantoise fight so if you haven't done it yet avoid clicking.

Ignis is a BOSS!

Such a stellar team attack. Wow.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
http://superespresso.tumblr.com/tagged/Final-fantasy-XV

new ultimania details:

When asked about Ifrit's role in the story and why he decided to unleash the Starscourge after falling out with the other five gods, Tabata answered "Sorry, I don't know the details". =/

A character called "Safay Roth" was cut during development. He was a Niflheim general and his role ended up being filled with traces of Ardyn's character. The "SAF" letters in the Niflheim ships were left in the final designs to honor this general that never made it to the final game.

Prompto Besithia was adopted when he was one year old by the Argentum family of Lucis.

Ardyn's timeline

timeline from 34 years prior to the start of the game

34 years ago:
Entered Nifleheim Empire
Proposed the development of Magitek soldiers. Used this to take office as Chancellor.

31 years ago:
Introduced magitek soldiers into the war between Nifleheim and Lucis

10 years ago:
Contact made with the Lucis general Drautos.

11 years ago:
Suppressed Shiva in ice in the Groves Valley

Immediately before events of main series:

Visited the kingdom of Insomnia to propose a cease-fire.

Lunafreya’s timeline:

0 years:
Born as the eldest daughter. Gentiana settles with the Fleuret family.

12 years:
Noctis visits Tennabrae to receive healing.
Nifelheim attacks and Luna’s mother is killed by Sir Glaucca.

13 years
Told by Shiva about the covenants.

16 years:
Thank-you letter sent to Prompto for Pryna’s safety
First covenant with a god entered.

24 years
Engagement to Noctis via the empire. (I think? This one is a bit blurry)
Traveled to Lucis’ capital of Insomnia.

"i don't know" lol, really dissapointed with his awnser
Hmm that was a disappointing answer coming from him. I have heard that he is receiving flack for that back in Japan. Dunno if that's true or not.

I do wonder if all of this info will be added, and if so, how?

This stuff is already a good foundation for them to work from I think.

As for Prompto's parents, so they adopted him yet left him alone a lot of the time.

Oh dear, child protection services would like to have a few words with them lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Man mistranslated stuff causes way to much confusion.

I'll probably have to take a look at the scans to see what he actually says.

Thanks.