FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Have you played Witcher 3? Its not actually hard to flesh out some characters. Just add Luna point of view, Tenebrae and her relationship with Ravus.
Same is in Witcher 3, you can start any DLC without finishing the game. I think SE really run out of time, and cut alot of stuff, but they still can add it via DLC's and expand universe.
Yup - Played it for nearly 250 hours. Got both expansions too -- Still haven't completed it lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Anyone else frustrated with the subtitles?

I'm running the game with Japanese voices and English subtitles. Just a personal preference of mine and I'm not here to say one is better over the other.

Upon starting the game, I noticed some strange things where people were talking but no subtitles were shown. I had no idea what they were saying. I thought this was a glitch where the it just missed displaying a subtitle.

But after playing for an hour or two, I noticed this all across the game between some casual chats between the 4 heroes (but only sometimes, namely one at the beginning) as well NPCs I directly talk to by pressing X.

Voice conversations are just blatantly missing subtitles. Why? What happened to the localization of this game?

It's so frustrating walking up to a NPC who gives Hunts and pressing X to hear them talk, only for no subtitles and the player having no idea what they just said. What's even more frustrating is that this example NPC I've provided below does have subtitled voice conversations but with only some lines..? But these lines are like "How's it going boys?" so it's not like they picked significant lines to subtitle over the non-subbed lines! (and yet the NPCs you can't interact with still have translated lines...)

Videos of an example:

https://twitter.com/Zenoxio/status/804549378178478081
https://twitter.com/Zenoxio/status/804551804059058177
If you're game you can do 2 playthroughs?

My first run is in English. NG+ in Japanese.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
If you're game you can do 2 playthroughs?

My first run is in English. NG+ in Japanese.
You think after everything that will happen in the game and ending you will be mentally able to get back and start NG+?

I envy you mate, you might be really have a strong will. Personally i can't back to the game right now, too much feels. :oops:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
You think after everything that will happen in the game and ending you will be mentally able to get back and start NG+?

I envy you mate, you might be really have a strong will. Personally i can't back to the game right now, too much feels. :oops:
Haven't finished it yet.

Saying that just makes me more eager to do it... of course I say that now before finishing it xD

I will update you on this matter lol

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

mesmerizing, powerful, one of the best tracks in the game.

the OST overall is so fucking good it hurts

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Man that third battle theme absolutely rocks! Really gets the adrenaline going.

54 hours in now and I should be moving onto chapter 9 but I got this one fishing quest to finish and I might do a few hunts.

Some of the sidequests have some interesting scenes that add a bit more flavour to the world. Boring as most of them might be to actually do, the boys comments on them and the end outcome is pleasing.

Optional dungeons have been pretty interesting. I'm assuming they are optional since I've already cleared them before the story said anything about them xD

And I'll never get board of driving around in the rain with a grim overcast listening to Over The Hills, Rose of May and Fisherman's Horizon and Movement in The Green :3
It's crazy heart-warming and nostalgic!

Also, Prompto is the man! Freaking hilarious lines of dialogue sometimes. It's mostly the delivery of the lines though. There's a bit where he imitates Cindy's voice and it is absolutely the most genuinely funny part of the dialogue I'm the game xD

Last edited:

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Man that third battle theme absolutely rocks! Really gets the adrenaline going.

54 hours in now and I should be moving onto chapter 9 but I got this one fishing quest to finish and I might do a few hunts.

Some of the sidequests have some interesting scenes that add a bit more flavour to the world. Boring as most of them might be to actually do, the boys comments on them and the end outcome is pleasing.

Optional dungeons have been pretty interesting. I'm assuming they are optional since I've already cleared them before the story said anything about them xD

And I'll never get board of driving around in the rain with a grim overcast listening to Over The Hills, Rose of May and Fisherman's Horizon and Movement in The Green :3
It's crazy heart-warming and nostalgic!

Also, Prompto is the man! Freaking hilarious lines of dialogue sometimes. It's mostly the delivery of the lines though. There's a bit where he imitates Cindy's voice and it is absolutely the most genuinely funny part of the dialogue I'm the game xD
Yeah he cracks me up to. I'm 40 hours in and on Chapter 8. I have done 2 optional dungeons - Both of which had a level ~60 boss at the end, and one of them I could not beat. Luckily we have the ''back to entrance'' menu option because otherwise, there would have literally been no way out for me. Also found one of those doors in a dungeon that you can't unlock yet.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

no need for words, it's nice when things like this exists
Just got up to this part in the game...='(

For the soundtrack, you definitely need to hear it during the game to appreciate it even more... *sigh*

Gotta say I think I like this version more than the original.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Reached Altissia. Nice and big place but they really screwed up with the music in major Towns. First the generic repetitive samba in Lestallum and now the generic, boring Italian sounding track in Altissia.

Thank God for the portable mp3 player!
Gotta decide now. Lestallum I rolled with Vivi's theme and for Altissia I think I'll go with......Spira Unplugged!

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Reached Altissia. Nice and big place but they really screwed up with the music in major Towns. First the generic repetitive samba in Lestallum and now the generic, boring Italian sounding track in Altissia.

Thank God for the portable mp3 player!
Gotta decide now. Lestallum I rolled with Vivi's theme and for Altissia I think I'll go with......Spira Unplugged!
Can you explore outside of the town?