FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Reached Altissia. Nice and big place but they really screwed up with the music in major Towns. First the generic repetitive samba in Lestallum and now the generic, boring Italian sounding track in Altissia.

Thank God for the portable mp3 player!
Gotta decide now. Lestallum I rolled with Vivi's theme and for Altissia I think I'll go with......Spira Unplugged!
i loved the altissia theme, got a lot of charm and have this realistic feel to it.

i agree with lestallum tho.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Chapter 13 now.

And I feel the game is a beautiful, weird, unfocused, simplified, watered-down and ultimately rushed mess. They fucked up quite badly in far too many aspects.
The scenes and scenarios from chapter 9 onwards have been pure eye candy but they are executed so poorly. Feels like their is no substance. Like the emotions the scenes are trying to evoke are forced because they don't show some very important event. You just hear about them. Really baffled as to why they did this.

If the game had been as eventful from the begging as it had been from ch9 to ch13 I would have been very happy with that. Even though I slightly disliked how certain scenes played out.

I give them credit for making the villain be involved with the main partly and that they gave the villain plenty of screen time.

I'll more than likely finished the main scenario today and will give my full thoughts.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Why did I not see this. You are absolutely right, man!

Ugh I'm gonna be disappointed if this is the case.
I'm quite far into the game and I'm gonna have to agree that it seems they're intentionally leaving gaps in the story for the purpose of using DLC to patch it up later.

I admit to being disappointed by this tbh.

The only thing letting the game down is the story direction and execution.

You're right in that chptr9 onwards it's extremely rushed and not as fleshed out as the first half. I think the first half of the game is my fav part of it so far.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
I'm quite far into the game and I'm gonna have to agree that it seems they're intentionally leaving gaps in the story for the purpose of using DLC to patch it up later.

I admit to being disappointed by this tbh.

The only thing letting the game down is the story direction and execution.

You're right in that chptr9 onwards it's extremely rushed and not as fleshed out as the first half. I think the first half of the game is my fav part of it so far.
I think there's a difference between "leaving out" and "Not having had the resources to finish before release". I'm on the belief that they're on the latter and they'll be incorperating this stuff into the DLC. I know they said that DLC wont be cut content, and I believe that. However I think the DLC will be bigger than they originally thought by adding in stuff they couldn't perfect in time.

Shitty grammar and wording but I can't seem to articulate properly right now.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think there's a difference between "leaving out" and "Not having had the resources to finish before release". I'm on the belief that they're on the latter and they'll be incorperating this stuff into the DLC. I know they said that DLC wont be cut content, and I believe that. However I think the DLC will be bigger than they originally thought by adding in stuff they couldn't perfect in time.

Shitty grammar and wording but I can't seem to articulate properly right now.
It could be both. Leaving out and not enough resources but this is all speculation of course.

Yeah I think the DLC will be pretty large files but I'm ok with that. Just make it fun and explain stuff more and I'll be happy.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Chapter 13 has some great bits in terms of story but good God what the hell did they do to two of the antagonists? Such a let down. Pretty much the Jihl Nabaat treatment :(
And one of the villians who I thought would be much more prominent and an awesome boss battle was just throw to the side to be some generic....goddamit it I'm so annoyed I don't have the words. How could they do this?

The the level design in chapter 13 is horrendous. It drags on and on.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Chapter 13 has some great bits in terms of story but good God what the hell did they do to two of the antagonists? Such a let down. Pretty much the Jihl Nabaat treatment :(
And one of the villians who I thought would be much more prominent and an awesome boss battle was just throw to the side to be some generic....goddamit it I'm so annoyed I don't have the words. How could they do this?

The the level design in chapter 13 is horrendous. It drags on and on.
Yeah my least favourite chapter by far.

I think we will find out what happens to them in Prompto's DLC.

they're not lucky with the XIII number, i guess...
Definitely seems that way. Thing is 13 is considered to be an unlucky number in some cultures so quite fitting.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Oh the feels and my heart when the music plays in the last area. I feel so sad and nostalgic. Makes me think of a wahts could have been. Makes me feel the game deserved to be better. Almost bought to tears. My throat dried up. 10 year journey, man.

Takes me back to my carefree days.

Soon the journey will end...

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Last chapter was quite good with the feels.

Learning that the bros didn't keep in touch that often all those years was heartbreaking imo. They all did their own separate thing :(

All those fond memories of camping and all that, and then this happening was quite sad.

I think they should've lengthened all the chapters tbh (except for 13). They were far too short imo.

Game definitely had a lot of potential and could've been better like ChingleeTribal said.

Game was just released after all so there is hope for extra content, additions, and worthwhile DLC's. At least that what I keep telling myself :p

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
The finale fucking delivered!

So much humanity, heart and emotion. Really got me choked up. Well....what can I say? Noctis and Co.....are the best!

One scene in particular in the end cutscnes was emotionally so painful to watch. I was on the verge of tears.

The game is full of charm and humanity. The final was powerful, memorable and had lasting impact.
the problem lies in game design and world building. They needed to flesh out certain story scenarios more and give focus to more of the characters. Add more location. Make it feel grander.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just a side note here guys.

I highly recommend reading the Official Guidebook. There are important story and character explanations in there.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
I just got off the train station.

I'm following the story just fine... I haven't noticed any real parts that seem to have been cut yet...I mean, I understand what's going on, and I understand where they're going and why...

So far it's all going great.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
This game could do with having the music system reworked. The music that occasionally plays while I'm out and about is fantastic, but very rarely do I get to hear it, I'll be in the car listening to something from another game, I'll get out and do something pertaining to a quest. I finish up, 10 feet from my car and the music starts to play....

Needs fixing. I want to be hearing the music almost as soon as I get out of the car.

I'm also tired of the chocobo theme... Let me play the mp3 player, or have more than one song. Plz.

Edit: Also the bloody Dog Tags that I'm picking up for Dave should have just been collectables. Doesn't make sense to keep going back and forth.

Last edited: