FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
just had my first crash in 186 hours

ok then

edit:

https://twitter.com/RayChase/status/816452991385538560

lol
No crash from me. However, I did encounter a strange bug in the bottom pits of hell in Costlemark Tower, where 2 of my members went MIA. They just disappeared from battle, so I was left with Noctis and Gladio trying to fight off the the bloody snake and 3 fire giants... was not fun.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
No crash from me. However, I did encounter a strange bug in the bottom pits of hell in Costlemark Tower, where 2 of my members went MIA. They just disappeared from battle, so I was left with Noctis and Gladio trying to fight off the the bloody snake and 3 fire giants... was not fun.
I had a camera glitch occur in Costlemark - only one I can think of. The second time through, no issues (also remembered to eat the lasagna). No crashes here. I still have the Stielyff and Costlemark menace dungeons to complete, as well as the Adamantoise fight.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Finally got to (and finished) the controversial Chapter 13. I didn't mind it like a lot of people did (in other forums at least). It was a little long, but I also took my time. Let me just say, I will rather replay that chapter than having to Draw in FFVIII. I can not emphasize how much I hate the Draw system.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
guess i'm done with FFXV for the time being, adamantoise defeated (thought it was fun), all sealed dungeons completed and ultimate weapons + pitioss; 196 hours in total

best road trip

would play a ng+ if there was a hard mode, but for now i'll wait for future updates.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

In a hypothetical scenario where they could allow you to access this wider area, what kind of story scenario would fit without filling like padded filler?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

In a hypothetical scenario where they could allow you to access this wider area, what kind of story scenario would fit without filling like padded filler?
Mmm that cartanica music...

But yes I think more characterisation for the guys would be in order. The conflict between the group was too short lived. It truly was great stuff albeit somewhat depressing.

Showing them trying to help Ignis come to terms with his blindness and ask for help would be good.

Noctis being confused and questioning his destiny, and thus looking for answers about his ancestors past, their purpose, the Astrals etc etc would be great too.

Ignis should be knowledgeable in this and there can be a scene where he imparts this knowledge unto Noctis.

Luna did just die so Noctis being confused would be understandable.

There appears to be bars and shops in lower Cartanica so all this can take place there whilst they're on the way to the dungeon.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

Since it doesn't seem to include much in the way of points of interest to see by foot, I'd say the best bet would be to put a road around it leading to the dungeon and extend out the depression that is Chapter 10 by rubbing it in the player's face that Ignis can't drive anymore. =(

I think it's important to remember that Luminous requires massive amounts of open space around the playable area to be renderable at medium detail at any given time. Episode Duscae's out-of-bounds glitch made it possible to run all the way to Lestallum. So the simple fact that this stuff exists doesn't necessarily mean it was ever intended to be explorable. =/

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Finally got to (and finished) the controversial Chapter 13. I didn't mind it like a lot of people did (in other forums at least). It was a little long, but I also took my time. Let me just say, I will rather replay that chapter than having to Draw in FFVIII. I can not emphasize how much I hate the Draw system.
If you Draw often, you're playing it wrong.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Since it doesn't seem to include much in the way of points of interest to see by foot, I'd say the best bet would be to put a road around it leading to the dungeon and extend out the depression that is Chapter 10 by rubbing it in the player's face that Ignis can't drive anymore. =(

I think it's important to remember that Luminous requires massive amounts of open space around the playable area to be renderable at medium detail at any given time. Episode Duscae's out-of-bounds glitch made it possible to run all the way to Lestallum. So the simple fact that this stuff exists doesn't necessarily mean it was ever intended to be explorable. =/
Funny that you mention roads since there is a road that leads to the dungeon itself.

You can see it when you look over the balcony towards the massive tree that is the dungeon northwest of the map xD

So it's a plausible scenario I'd say. Poor Ignis would have to sit in the back and just feel wind on his face :(

Had no idea about this regarding the Luminous Engine. Might I ask how you know this info? It's very interesting stuff.

That would explain the massive amounts of open space in the game. I honestly don't mind it and the openness suits the road trip vibe so I'm cool with it.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Seriously guys I tried to fight the adamantoise, and I seriously was asking myself if the camera was intended to work that way. Cuz in the end I didn`t understand what the heck i was doing when the camera zooms you completely small.

I mean seriously did they even test this fight before giving it to us?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Funny that you mention roads since there is a road that leads to the dungeon itself.

You can see it when you look over the balcony towards the massive tree that is the dungeon northwest of the map xD

So it's a plausible scenario I'd say. Poor Ignis would have to sit in the back and just feel wind on his face :(

Had no idea about this regarding the Luminous Engine. Might I ask how you know this info? It's very interesting stuff.

That would explain the massive amounts of open space in the game. I honestly don't mind it and the openness suits the road trip vibe so I'm cool with it.
Yeah, it seems pretty likely that we were meant to drive to the dungeon originally and they had to cut that for some reason. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to reimplement as DLC, even.

There's way too many issues with the industrial-looking area shown in the glitch video for it to have been intended for on-foot exploration, though. If there was a driving section, I suspect it would have been on rails like the follow-Ardyn section.

As for Luminous, I wasn't really intending to imply that the engine wouldn't work at all if it didn't have a lot of empty land -- the Platinum Demo certainly made due with small areas -- but its handling of LoD in the far distance demands that miles worth of major geographical features be included.

Consider the fact that you can see the Rock of Ravatough from anywhere with line of sight to it, and think of how far away it can be while still being visible. Or how much of the world you can see while you're up there.

And then there's the summons, who are so massive and are shown from so high that you can see for miles when they appear. Luminous needs to be able to account for that, so it needs that landscape to be there.

What they did with the train section is kind of crazy when you think about it in that light. xD Imagine the amount of extra scenery they had to make just to look at in the window as you rolled by.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Seriously guys I tried to fight the adamantoise, and I seriously was asking myself if the camera was intended to work that way. Cuz in the end I didn`t understand what the heck i was doing when the camera zooms you completely small.

I mean seriously did they even test this fight before giving it to us?
the fight is clunky and messy, but the ambitious scale of the battle is what makes it so enticing and all worth it; there's not a fight like that in any open world game as far as i know; u need to make the first step to gain experience and that will lead to better results in the future, this first step for the team is totally valuable.

edit:

http://superespresso.tumblr.com/post/155424643126/some-more-ultimania-director-commentary

spoilers obviously

Last edited: