FFXV Episode DLC and Story Update Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I kinda love how SE trolled a lot of people with the Ep Gladio trailer, showing Cor at the end. Making people actually believe Cor was Gilgamesh and complaining how they spoiled a major spoiler. Kudos to them haha
People should have known that would retcon the story and wouldn't line up with what Gladio says when he comes back.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
To be fair, adding a shirtless Gladio costume probably took about as much effort as offering the choice of using the guys' older appearances in the past. His jackets and shirts are separate models, so all Squenix had to do was tell the game not to render any of them. XD;

Now, if they add swimsuits, that's how we'll know they're really listening to what fans want. ;)
If they do create swimsuit outfits... I'm so gonna march straight to the final boss and wreck him in my underwear.

I'm sure he would be nonplussed as to why 4 full grown men decided to storm the citadel in scantily clad and completely inappropriate attire.. the memes this would give birth to...

That's just hilarious.

Last edited:

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I really like this Cor battle, its actually challenging and quite enganging. I wish bossfights in the main game were like this one.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
if they do that, they should do for the girls too /pervface
They're gonna create costumes for every playable character no doubt, especially when the multi player part hits the market.

From what they've shown us so far, every single character we've seen in the game will be included (except maybe not Cid)

Personally I wanna play as Cor and Aranea. These guys are just boss.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Shhh you're gonna set an entire army of yaoi fan girls off here lol

https://twitter.com/TypeANumber2/status/846454320145076224

lmao

holy shit it looks amazing tho (they added the visual effect of the royal arms appearing on the screen like in the ending when noctis uses the ring).

edit: seems like the dlc reception is positive
I don't care what people say, that spell looks badass. Very nice touch with the Royal arms visual effect.

Positive reception that's good news.

To anyone who finished the Gladio DLC, what are your thoughts on it?

Did you enjoy it? Hated it? Found it fun? Boring?

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Shhh you're gonna set an entire army of yaoi fan girls off here lol

I don't care what people say, that spell looks badass. Very nice touch with the Royal arms visual effect.

Positive reception that's good news.

To anyone who finished the Gladio DLC, what are your thoughts on it?

Did you enjoy it? Hated it? Found it fun? Boring?
I thoroughly enjoyed it. The graphics were amazing with Episode Gladio, quality above the main game, but only slightly. It just shows how much they pushed the capabilities in the main game. That much I appreciated.

I loved and hated the Cor battle. Like Cor was so BS, I don't even know how many times I died getting his HP down to ~5%. Though after about an hour and a half, I raged through the fight and got him down in under 2 minutes, which made me scream in happiness and wallow in embarrassment for taking so long to even beat him...

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed it. The graphics were amazing with Episode Gladio, quality above the main game, but only slightly. It just shows how much they pushed the capabilities in the main game. That much I appreciated.

I loved and hated the Cor battle. Like Cor was so BS, I don't even know how many times I died getting his HP down to ~5%. Though after about an hour and a half, I raged through the fight and got him down in under 2 minutes, which made me scream in happiness and wallow in embarrassment for taking so long to even beat him...
Yeah I noticed how the visuals improved with this DLC too. I swear I really like the dungeon design. Trust Square to make oddly shaped rocks look pretty and visually pleasing.

I think it's great that Cor was difficult. He wouldn't live up to the title of Immortal if he was easy. It was a great challenge.

Personally I think the only reason Gladio won was because they needed to advance the story. Cor is too experienced and badass to lose to a young'un

That battle was so boss.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I decided against buying it and instead watched a walkthrough on YT. I think I made the right call, but with this price and all that, I can see plenty of value here; I just didn't feel it, tbh.

The one I see myself potentially buying is Prompto's, provided the gunplay is fun and there's some story that can't be summarized in a line like in Gladio's DLC. To be fair, though, Ignis' also interests me enough, in how the gameplay mechanics will be handled considering... well, you know.

PS: that old Cor katana looked fresh.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I decided against buying it and instead watched a walkthrough on YT. I think I made the right call, but with this price and all that, I can see plenty of value here; I just didn't feel it, tbh.

The one I see myself potentially buying is Prompto's, provided the gunplay is fun and there's some story that can't be summarized in a line like in Gladio's DLC. To be fair, though, Ignis' also interests me enough, in how the gameplay mechanics will be handled considering... well, you know.
If story is what you're after, then Gladio's DLC episode will certainly have the least amount of value to you out of the three for sure.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
If story is what you're after, then Gladio's DLC episode will certainly have the least amount of value to you out of the three for sure.
Yeah, that's mainly my thing (also, its lenght, but the pricetag is totally fair, I feel).

It's also the fact that that gap of the game is the least interesting one, and also the one that feels the tackiest. Ignis' and especially Prompto's feel much grander and more intriguing (both for the consequences and for the placing of those DLCs in the vanilla game).

At the end of the day, the only one I really, really want to see is the Companions one, if only because of its setting (the future?) and its integration in the game (both in story and gameplay). In an ideal world, they would let you control not only your Avatar, but also all the playable characters (that is the bros and, then, Cor, Aranea and Iris, iirc).

Oct 19, 2013
Oh wow. They actually improved techniques connecting on an enemy while cutting off from mid distance.

EDIT: See here:

https://twitter.com/Rurouni720/status/846475479561441280
Oh, really? Is it now so that you can use Ignis' Overwhelm on any body part even if it's physically out of reach for some of the attacks midway through the Technique sequence? That in combination with the unreliable targeting system was actually one of my gripes with the battle-system (and now that I've played the fantastic NieR: Automata I've been made even more aware of FFXV's shortcomings in its combat).

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I believe so(?), they basically just cut out the seamless transition leading to a running animation whenever a party member is out of reach from an enemy since now they're automatically near an of them when triggering a technique. Baby steps, but a nice step in the right direction gameplay wise.

Is Nier Automata your first platinum game?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i'm actually surprised there's not any cosmetic dlcs already.

they missed the most proper time to release alt costumes/weps, it won't sell as it could if they released now.

Oct 19, 2013
I believe so(?), they basically just cut out the seamless transition leading to a running animation whenever a party member is out of reach from an enemy since now they're automatically near an of them when triggering a technique. Baby steps, but a nice step in the right direction gameplay wise.

Is Nier Automata your first platinum game?
Oh, I see. Good. But I hope that it's not only the initial running to the enemies that's skipped, but also the different attacks during the Technique sequence. Often I had several attacks during Overwhelm miss because it targeted higher body parts that couldn't be reached. The attacks should all just magically connect to every target even if it's just the damage being dealt without the attacks actually physically touching the target.

Nope, beat MGS:R, which was super fun. Having their typical combat, though a bit simplified, in a RPG now is great and I struggle to recall another ARPG with such mechanically tight combat. FFXV could take many lessons from this w.r.t. clear audiovisual telegraphing of animations, encounter design (especially for boss-battles, which are even more embarrassing now after having played Automata), animation priority, targeting, camera etc.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I struggle to recall another ARPG with such mechanically tight combat.

Give it a shot. It tremendously curbstomps even LR gameplay-wise as i know you enjoyed that one, fully recommended.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
You guys... I'm legit shocked that people are complaining that the battle with Cor was "too difficult" and that "it's a stupid and annoying battle."

I mean... the fuck?

First, people bitch the combat is too easy, and now it's too challenging. People are whining about the fact that Cor was actually hard to beat.

He's the final boss, whose nickname is The Immortal. He should be difficult.

Seriously this fan base can be so void of logic at times that it's embarrassing.

This is how I see people behaving:

"Cor's a badass. I wanna see what he's truly capable of."

*shows his fighting prowess*

"Man fuck this guy. That was bullshit. Fuck you Cor."

I mean... what?

Last edited: