FFXV Gamescom 2015 details

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jul 16, 2015
Or, the game isn't ready to be shown and they'll wait for another show in the future.
I don't see why anyone would actually think that's the case. This event is going to kick the hype for this game into maximum overdrive. Square knows it's high time they showed us something spectacular and give us a big taste of what this game is truly about. They most definitely will deliver the goods at Gamescom.

Jul 16, 2015
It'd be disappointing if they got barely anything to show at the event. The re-hash of Duscae-related stuff is just weird to me.
Just pretend the Duscae stuff doesn't exist because it doesn't affect us in any way shape of form. The good stuff will be streamed and then we will all rejoice and be merry afterwards. August 5th 12pm EST on Twitch is when the ATR will be streamed live from Gamescom. Also just to clarify the ATR thing. It will be filmed live on the main stage in front of everyone there and isn't just a normal ATR that is in a small room being streamed to a few thousand people like usual.

Sep 26, 2013
To those of you worrying, in case it's not common knowledge I'm hearing that the Duscae stuff is for people actually at the event and it won't be streamed even. It's not what they're going there to present, they're just using Duscae for promotion at conventions like they said they would back when it was announced. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I wonder how many question will be answered in each Q&A section ? Looking at #QAFFXV there´s quite some questions, though some are either repeated or had already been answered ATRs ago.

Jul 16, 2015
I'm curious now..... What version of thier Luminous Engine will be at, by the time the ATR will come rolling in?

They showed off details of Luminous Engine 1.5 back in early June of this year but it's not to say that they are still on that version by the time those very details became publicized.

I don't know.... .I think they might make it to releasing the game on 2.0.... Unless they've hit a wall.
I really think it will be Luminous 2.0 that they will be showing since that will represent what the game will truly look like. The tech demo from Luminous 1.5 may have been shown back in May but i bet they were much farther along then that. The Episode Duscae demo was on an old build of the Luminous 1.5 engine not the updated one from the tech demo. I expect a significant improvement in graphical fidelity for the full game. It has been confirmed that the Duscae demo had the anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering completely turned off but will be there for the full game so expect it to look much much better.

Last edited:

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
He's also part of the signing session alongside Shimomura, Kamikokuryo and Matsuzawa. Pretty cool for everyone who's attending gamescom between Thursday and Saturday.