FFXV "Possibly" In 2015

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Someone that speaks german translated this:

I am german so I am able to translate the text even if my english is not perfect. I hope that everyone will be able to understand my translation xD

" Final Fantasy XV" shall be released in 2015. First pictures and trailers show a hyperrealistic graphic. This year is going to be the year of Final Fantasy."

It's just a small part and the mainpart is about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and the other HD ports for the PS4.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/70951052?page=2

Even when you Google Translate the sentence nearly comes out the same ( rare for google lol).

Original line: "noch in 2015 soll mit „Final Fantasy XV” der neue Teil der Serie erscheinen. Erste Bilder und die Trailer zeugen von einer hyperrealistischen Grafik. Das wird das Jahr von Final Fantasy."

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Someone that speaks german translated this:

I am german so I am able to translate the text even if my english is not perfect. I hope that everyone will be able to understand my translation xD

" Final Fantasy XV" shall be released in 2015. First pictures and trailers show a hyperrealistic graphic. This year is going to be the year of Final Fantasy."

It's just a small part and the mainpart is about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and the other HD ports for the PS4.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/70951052?page=2

Even when you Google Translate the sentence nearly comes out the same ( rare for google lol).

Original line: "noch in 2015 soll mit „Final Fantasy XV” der neue Teil der Serie erscheinen. Erste Bilder und die Trailer zeugen von einer hyperrealistischen Grafik. Das wird das Jahr von Final Fantasy."
Neat find. But why is all this info coming out now? As far as i know, no major gaming events are near. So this couldnt be pre hype.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Interesting. . . but until SE says otherwirse i will take with a grain of salt.
Kinda hard to take it with a grain of salt when sony is the one saying it. ( on 2 sony blogs German/Japanese)
I believe sony does get release windows ahead of time before the general public does.

If it was just 1 blog site I would see the mistake, but 2 blogs and then changing both afterwords just makes it seem they blurred it out by accident and now trying to cover it up.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
It could be right and it could be wrong, anyway we'll have to wait at least a few more months before we get clarification on that. That said I keep my fingers crossed for the former one of course. ;)

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Like I said... it wouldn't surprise me, but we have to wait and see still. Considering two sources have said the same thing though... that says something. Coincidence? Or not?

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Like I said... it wouldn't surprise me, but we have to wait and see still. Considering two sources have said the same thing though... that says something. Coincidence? Or not?
When 2 sources from the same company states the same thing ( Will come out in 2015), it's unlikely to be a simple error, it's like they knew it was going to be coming in 2015, so to hype the game ( and system) up, they put it apart of the message. SE probably saw this and told sony to take it down. SO Sony was forced to "reword" both messages.

At least that's what I think.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Could it be that they're just referring to the demo?
No, if they were they would have stated FFXV Demo.

Besides they are hyping up "full version" games in that letter. It wouldn't make any sense to hype a demo they can't buy. Besides FF type 0 HD isn't even mentioned at all in there. They would have mentioned Type-0 HD as well.

" 2015 will bring FF type-0 HD along with FFXV demo."

That's would have been said. Since FF type zero isn't even mentioned, the demo is most likely not what they are referring to.

May 26, 2014
No, if they were they would have stated FFXV Demo.

Besides they are hyping up "full version" games in that letter. It wouldn't make any sense to hype a demo they can't buy. Besides FF type 0 HD isn't even mentioned at all in there. They would have mentioned Type-0 HD as well.

" 2015 will bring FF type-0 HD along with FFXV demo."

That's would have been said. Since FF type zero isn't even mentioned, the demo is most likely not what they are referring to.
Oh, ok. I'm usually very skeptical about these things, but this might have some merit. I won't be holding my breath or anything, but it sure would be nice if it comes out this year.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Oh, ok. I'm usually very skeptical about these things, but this might have some merit. I won't be holding my breath or anything, but it sure would be nice if it comes out this year.
I am not claiming it's proof that it will come in 2015, as delays do happen. However, at least it's something.

I do believe it will come in late 2015 in my personal opinion.

2015 seems to be the "Blockbuster Year" for gaming:

1) Zelda U
2)Uncharted 4
3) Xenoblade Chronicles X
4) FF Type-0 HD
5) (Potentially) FFXV
6) Order

And more that I can't think of. So many games.. my wallet is screaming for halp!

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
If it wasn't just a typo on both playstation sites, I rather think that the german playstation blog f*cked up here ( what'd be not that unusual lol). Imo it's more likely that SE aims for a late 2015 release in Japan (only) and that info found somehow unintentionally its way into the jp blog. The german site probably just copied it from there. So I wouldn't get too excited about that at the moment.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
If it wasn't just a typo on both playstation sites, I rather think that the german playstation blog f*cked up here ( what'd be not that unusual lol). Imo it's more likely that SE aims for a late 2015 release in Japan (only) and that info found somehow unintentionally its way into the jp blog. The german site probably just copied it from there. So I wouldn't get too excited about that at the moment.
Even if it's Japan in late 2015, that was in line of what I was thinking early 2016 for US/EU. It would still be considered released in 2015 because Japan has it :p.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I can see the Japan release only. But alot of signs point to a worldwide release as well. What makes you think we couldn't get it at the same time?

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I can see the Japan release only. But alot of signs point to a worldwide release as well. What makes you think we couldn't get it at the same time?
What makes you think we could get it at the same time?

Every new Final Fantasy in the past was released several months earlier in Japan. The only exceptions are XIV which is a mmorpg and type-0 hd which is anyway developed for the western audience in the first place.

Don't get me wrong I'd absolutely love to see a simultaneous worldwide release but I don't see a reason why they would suddenly do it.

Last edited:

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Well good luck trying to understand whats going on with the plot, unless you know japanese. In that case be a good kupo :happymog: and no spoilers.
Nah I won't finish the japanese version I just want to play the first 1-2 hours or so. It's for my own collection in the first place.^^
My japanese is pretty bad even if it's better than that from many other people but I'm not in the slightest capable of to beat a story driven game in that language. The internet will hopefully provide some help too when the time comes. :D

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I hope they wouldn't. This should get many GOTY awards, and 2015 is bad year for releasing this. So many big-time GOTY candidates. Also, I wouldn't want FFXV to be compared to Witcher 3, and if it turns outs to happen, it'll be WRPG versus JRPG all over again. And I think it's not just Witcher 3. Should I enumerate?
*Batman Arkham Knight
*No Man's Sky
*Bloodborne
*Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
*Halo 5: Guardians
*Zelda on WiiU
*Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
*Quantum Break
* Xenoblade Chronicles X
There are still some, including other Nintendo games. And that's not even including the indie games. Indie games in the last 3 years has made a huge presence when GOTY is in the talks.

What I'm saying is, if we want more FF main series games, at least they should excel in their current numbered FF game. And I'm talking about FFXV. As the years pass by, my anticipation, as well as my concern, for FFXV, is heightened. Don't we wish a 10/10 score on every media? We should not rush Square Enix to release it this year. 'Take your time', is what I always say.
Final Fantasy is a big name, it can compete with these other big titles. :)

IMO better than all of those franchises. Though I do understand your concern.