FFXV "Possibly" In 2015

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013
I think its all speculation. I wouldn't believe a word until mid next year when they start talking about it more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Tecnically speaking FFXV is coming out in 2015, the demo. Even with the demo coming in march 2015 i highly doubt that the game will come in december 2015 considering that when FFXII/FFXIII demo were realese the game came out 1 year later. If Tabata's word are any indication some aspect are either unfinished(towns not fully designed) or not even started(magic).

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Even with the demo coming in march 2015 i highly doubt that the game will come in december 2015 considering that when FFXII/FFXIII demo were realese the game came out 1 year later.
That's incorrect FF XIII launched 8 months after the demo was released in Japan.

But nevertheless I also doubt that we'll see the full game (FF XV) in 2015, not even in Japan.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
That's incorrect FF XIII launched 8 months after the demo was released in Japan.

But nevertheless I also doubt that we'll see the full game (FF XV) in 2015, not even in Japan.
My bad, it was 8 months for the japenese realease and (nearly by few weeks)1 year for the international realese.

About a year before FFXIII hit Japanese store shelves, trailers did let everyone know that the game would arrive by the end of 2009. In this instance, the "now in development" close to the recent trailer and a distinct lack of release year window, coupled with the recent story that they've planned a rough release window in mind, though it would be a bit later than they thought, suggests that we're looking at an actual release considerably further away than "2015", which we're already in. Yeah, no one is seriously thinking this would make it this year.

A release in Japan by the end of next fiscal year (by end of March 2016) can happen though.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
About a year before FFXIII hit Japanese store shelves, trailers did let everyone know that the game would arrive by the end of 2009. In this instance, the "now in development" close to the recent trailer and a distinct lack of release year window, coupled with the recent story that they've planned a rough release window in mind, though it would be a bit later than they thought, suggests that we're looking at an actual release considerably further away than "2015", which we're already in. Yeah, no one is seriously thinking this would make it this year.

A release in Japan by the end of next fiscal year (by end of March 2016) can happen though.
Yeah, I still think FFXV will have a chance to come out at least in Japan in late 2015.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Considering the game is over 55% done and the main work left to be done was described as asset creation, the likelihood of the game coming out in late 2015 is very possible. However, I would need to hear about the game's progress again to get a better understanding of just how realistic that is.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I surely can't be the only one tired that we have to have this debate once again? Whether we go by from when Tabata took over or back from it's reveal in 2006. Everyone has to agree that this game was announced far to early and frankly I'm tired of waiting.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
If their goal is to get the game up to Luminous 2.0 ( like they said a few weeks ago) the chances for a 2015 release are like 0%. Well... plans can change but I wouldn't bet on that. I'm fine wih the upcoming demo and the steady release of new information to wait another ~18 months. I'll probably play the demo xx-times anyway. xD

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I surely can't be the only one tired that we have to have this debate once again? Whether we go by from when Tabata took over or back from it's reveal in 2006. Everyone has to agree that this game was announced far to early and frankly I'm tired of waiting.
Well, if you judged it from when Tabata took over (which was at the E3 reveal) then no it hasn't taken that long at all... it's only been about a year and a half which is perfectly reasonable. The game was only announced too early because of the platform switch among other issues early into development with it becoming a mainline game and then moving to the current generation consoles. Has it taken a long time? Of course, but you can only really say it was announced too early if SE somehow knew that the game was going to be delayed and all these development changes were already going to happen... which obviously isn't the case.

If their goal is to get the game up to Luminous 2.0 ( like they said a few weeks ago) the chances for a 2015 release are like 0%. Well... plans can change but I wouldn't bet on that. I'm fine wih the upcoming demo and the steady release of new information to wait another ~18 months. I'll probably play the demo xx-times anyway. xD
Their goal is Version 1.5 with the demo and Version 2.0 for the full release, yes this is correct. This doesn't mean that the game can't come out in 2015 though. I'm not saying that it inversely will come out, but the current version number of Luminous has no bearing on if the game could come out with the engine running at Version 2.0 by the time of release.

Version numbers in software are not based on some sort of time scale, they are based on build counts and feature changes. In the case of Luminous, there is a "major" and "minor" number. The "major" number is the first number, and the "minor" number is after the period. The number changes minor increments when major changes are done to the software. This means that likely by 1.5 AA and other minor tweaks to the engine will be in place for the demo, and after that the rest of the core functionality will be in place for 2.0. You don't need to increase 1 minor number every x number of months or something, you change at your own discretion. The demo and a progress update on the game's completion percentage will give us a better understanding at how long it will take for the game to release, not the engine's version number.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Version numbers in software are not based on some sort of time scale, they are based on build counts and feature changes. In the case of Luminous, there is a "major" and "minor" number. The "major" number is the first number, and the "minor" number is after the period. The number changes minor increments when major changes are done to the software. This means that likely by 1.5 AA and other minor tweaks to the engine will be in place for the demo, and after that the rest of the core functionality will be in place for 2.0. You don't need to increase 1 minor number every x number of months or something, you change at your own discretion. The demo and a progress update on the game's completion percentage will give us a better understanding at how long it will take for the game to release, not the engine's version number.
That's of course right but I just don't see it happen.
Hopefully we'll get a proper update in february where the current progress of development is a little bit more clarified.

Best case scenario for me would still be a release date at the end of the demo. That'd some huge surprise! ^^

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
That's of course right but I just don't see it happen.
Hopefully we'll get a proper update in february where the current progress of development is a little bit more clarified.

Best case scenario for me would still be a release date at the end of the demo. That'd some huge surprise! ^^
Yeah, we still have to see what the progress is. We definitely won't get the release date, that's for E3. I wonder what the big surprise of the demo will be though...

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
The way Tabata has talked about the game makes it seem like the game's release date is still far away. You'd be better off betting against 2015.