FFXV Windows Edition Demo Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
My impressions of the port so far: it's somewhat inconsistent.

When I booted it up for the first time, the models were freaking out - all the clothes and character models textures randomly flickered and stuttered all over the place, but as I played further it smoothed out.
The game has also random performance hitches when it's loading up new chunk of area or an enemy. When I went to fight bandersnatch, the game would freeze momentarily and then went back to normal speed.
Also was kinda disappointed that the reflection quality is still poor, with screenscape reflections technique being pretty much identical to the consoles implementation with the "bordered" area within which reflection occur and on the sides it's all washed out. No options to change that either.
Definitely some optimization is still required for lower end builds, however it's great to look at the game in 60 fps. There's also a bunch of settings and even an in-game performance monitoring tool.

Didn't notice much changes in terms of game balance or gameplay flow though, so far it's the same FFXV.
Anyway, already got the Windows Edition preordered so hoping that the final release will be a bit more polished.

My specs for reference: GTX 970, i5 4690k at 4.0 Ghz and 16 Gigs of Ram
Settings I mostly used:
ffxv_s 2018-02-26 22-20-59-12.png

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
According resetra and reddit, for most of players it runs preety stable and good, only one problem everyone share is 5.1 audio. So, maybe its just you are unlucky or not enough goodies in PC.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
Also, Russian voice actors sound almost the same. They're doing a decent job (especially Prompto to my surprise), but I could barely distinct between Noctis's and Gladio's speech. Gonna stick with Eng/Jp.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
According resetra and reddit, for most of players it runs preety stable and good, only one problem everyone share is 5.1 audio. So, maybe its just you are unlucky or not enough goodies in PC.
I mean, I did crank up the settings pretty high, considering that initially the game made it to "average" on most settings instead of "high", however I still managed to get stable 60 fps in most areas. So yeah, never trust the proposed default settings. I hope Nvidia will release an in-depth performance/tweak guide like it does for many big releases.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Looks like Galdin is glitchy as fuck period. Watching a stream now and the player encountered Ardyn at night. The lighting would not adjust so everything was dark, and everyone’s eyes were glowing reddish orange lol