Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Event Expectaions/Wishes

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

Square Enix will host a “Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremony” at 17:00 on January 31, 2017

What are your expectations/wishes for the big event?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I want FF7 Remake Release date, FFXV DLC dates and PC date a small XVI teaser, FF Collection on Ps4 and Noctis announced in KH3.

First and foremost, they ought to give a date for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. That's the next game in their line-up and they should finally show us when we can buy it.

Other than that, they should show a bit more of Final Fantasy VII Remake, maybe tell us about the Final Fantasy XV DLC and what they should do is present Final Fantasy XVI. Also, Stormblood will be there.

And then they'll go out and tell us that the most iconic* character in Final Fantasy history will come to current gen consoles... and show off the Lightning Collection.

*that's Ubisoft iconic, not proper iconic.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
SQUEALS! (then after remembering what most typical video game anniversaries bring) Oh, hmm, yes, very nice.

As a totally crazy idea, assume they won't just have compilation collections and mobile spin-offs, and announce variations on the following: a solid release period for XII Zodiarc Brave, release window for VIIR and announcements concerning future installments in the VIIR series, an all-new spin-off entry (maybe Type-1 or similar) with new characters and a new world, maybe a proper Final Fantasy X-3 that will conclude the narrative of Tidus and Yuna, and most unlikely of all a teaser trailer showing the planned visual style and main protagonist (hopefully female) of Final Fantasy XVI and announcing it for current gen platforms.

I think XV DLC and Stormblood are givens. Probably say something like: Tune in for more announcements and updates at E3 2017. Then who knows, show us a teaser that displays something even we're not expecting!

Noctis announced in KH3
If he is there, it'd be nice if they used his placeholder clothing from pre-2011 Versus days, so much more KH-ish than his current outfit.

Oct 19, 2013
Expecting nothing less than a reveal for FFX-3 and a new FFVII spin-off, a teaser for FFXVI, FFXVII and FFXVIII, and also a Sega Saturn-like "IN STORES NOW" surprise announcement for FFVIIR-1.

Anything else would be boring, imo.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
To be serious, I'm expecting mostly modest announcements. Nothing too crazy. Probably the rumored Final Fantasy Collection for PS4, some minor updates on XV, The Zodiac Age and maybe XIV. Maybe also some more Switch announcements. I cannot see Square-Enix dropping any bombshells like a VII remake update or a XVI announcement. The latter is kinda silly as XV hasn't even been out for an entire year yet. Square-Enix would be flat out incompetent if they announced XVI so early and fans honestly expecting XVI so soon are just as equally inept.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I do expect some kind of VIIR update to be mentioned, at least in a passing.

However, I do expect a large amount of salt from fans if Square doesn't drop a VIIR bombshell, considering the event takes place on the 20th anniversary.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
To be serious, I'm expecting mostly modest announcements. Nothing too crazy. Probably the rumored Final Fantasy Collection for PS4, some minor updates on XV, The Zodiac Age and maybe XIV. Maybe also some more Switch announcements. I cannot see Square-Enix dropping any bombshells like a VII remake update or a XVI announcement. The latter is kinda silly as XV hasn't even been out for an entire year yet. Square-Enix would be flat out incompetent if they announced XVI so early and fans honestly expecting XVI so soon are just as equally inept.
I quite understand that view. Realistically, I'm not expecting any word relating to XVI until 2018 at least.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
What I hope for:
Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer, and release date.
Final Fantasy XV DLC release dates.
World of Final Fantasy Coming to Steam
Final Fantasy 1-9 Vita/PS4
Noctis for Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingslaive Game Spin-off starring Nyx( release teaser)
Dissidia Final Fantasy for PS4/Steam with Noctis announced as a character with his regular outfit, his king outfit and look, as well as his original Versus XIII look(E3 2006)
Final Fantasy Type-Next teaser
Zodiac Age release date, and Coming to Steam announcement
FFXIV: Stormblood coming to Xbox One
I think they should save FFXVI for E3 2018 and obviously directed by Ito.
Also next years E3 if part 1 of the FF7 Remake comes out Q4 of 2017 or Q1 of 2018
It would be great if Square Enix had 5 announcements
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy Versus XV reboot/semi-sequel Trilogy(That would be the only way a Versus XV will have any sense in being made BTW it can't just be Final Fantasy XV: The Nomura Edition, needs to be more or there will be salt)
Final Fantasy Type Next release date
Final Fantasy 1 Remake by Tabata.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
What I hope for:
Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer, and release date.
Final Fantasy XV DLC release dates.
World of Final Fantasy Coming to Steam
Final Fantasy 1-9 Vita/PS4
Noctis for Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingslaive Game Spin-off starring Nyx( release teaser)
Dissidia Final Fantasy for PS4/Steam with Noctis announced as a character with his regular outfit, his king outfit and look, as well as his original Versus XIII look(E3 2006)
Final Fantasy Type-Next teaser
Zodiac Age release date, and Coming to Steam announcement
FFXIV: Stormblood coming to Xbox One
I think they should save FFXVI for E3 2018 and obviously directed by Ito.
Also next years E3 if part 1 of the FF7 Remake comes out Q4 of 2017 or Q1 of 2018
It would be great if Square Enix had 5 announcements
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy Versus XV reboot/semi-sequel Trilogy(That would be the only way a Versus XV will have any sense in being made BTW it can't just be Final Fantasy XV: The Nomura Edition, needs to be more or there will be salt)
Final Fantasy Type Next release date
Final Fantasy 1 Remake by Tabata.
If this list is genuine you're going to be massively disappointed. Massively with a capital M.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
If this list is genuine you're going to be massively disappointed. Massively with a capital M.
For the 31st Anniversary I don't expect it to happen, I just wish it would happen, hell honestly most of this is E3 material anyway, apart from Kingsglaive game I mean that really isn't E3 material I don't think at least.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Final Fantasy XV Remastered PC Editon announcement.

This is how the developer of it goes: give all the assets and code to CD ProjektRed and tell them "fix this mess but keep it jrpg like ya hear?"

And in 5-6 months time they work their magic and hey presto you go the optimal form of XV for PC exclusively made for high end systems :D

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Final Fantasy XV Remastered PC Editon announcement.

This is how the developer of it goes: give all the assets and code to CD ProjektRed and tell them "fix this mess but keep it jrpg like ya hear?"

And in 5-6 months time they work their magic and hey presto you go the optimal form of XV for PC exclusively made for high end systems :D
CDProjektRed wouldn't know how to use the Luminous Engine, it would be a mess of a port, rather let Square and Tabata do there thing.