Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Event Expectaions/Wishes

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Is there a difference between the original FF12 and The Zodiac Age?

People were expecting release date with a trailer for VIIR, got VISUAL KEY ART, i just can't

Seems like FFXV DLC's is only redeemable things for this event
Yeah the screenshots for the DLC look exciting. But wondering where Ignis is D:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
People were expecting release date with a trailer for VIIR, got VISUAL KEY ART, i just can't

Seems like FFXV DLC's is only redeemable things for this event
People were expecting XVI at this event. It's more their fault than Square-Enix's tbh.

The Zodiac Age releases in July 2017
This was the best announcement of the day.

Zodiac Age is based on the previously Japan-exclusive "International Zodiac Job System" version.

First and foremost, they ought to give a date for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. (happened!) That's the next game in their line-up and they should finally show us when we can buy it.

Other than that, they should show a bit more of Final Fantasy VII Remake (happened... sort of), maybe tell us about the Final Fantasy XV DLC (happened!) and what they should do is present Final Fantasy XVI (didn't happen!). Also, Stormblood (moved to FF XIV Fan Fest, so didn't happen!) will be there.

And then they'll go out and tell us that the most iconic* character in Final Fantasy history will come to current gen consoles... and show off the Lightning Collection. (didn't happen!)

*that's Ubisoft iconic, not proper iconic.
3/6 ain't bad.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I'm very excited for The Zodiac Age. Glad it has a firm release date now. It's a shame the SQEX Store has such awful customer service or else I would pre-order.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016

Yeah the screenshots for the DLC look exciting. But wondering where Ignis is D:
New weapons and sort of a job system. Everyone kinda shared the same sphere grid kinda board in the original XII, but in IZJS, once you pick a grid, you are stuck in that grid which kinda makes the character using it unique.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
From Nova Crystallis' Twitter report of the announcements:

The event was attended by Uematsu and Amano, with Sakaguchi appearing via video as he's got the flu. Later we see Kitase, Yoshida and Tabata, and then by the producers for Brave Exvius and Opera Omnia, and then Zodiac Age producer Hiroaki Kato, and then Dragon Quest exec producer Miyake. Hashimoto acts as a kind of compare.

There's a special logo designed by Amano.

A new Distant World concern in Japan, and planned Distant World concerts worldwide.

A concern for the Final Fantasy XV Piano collection.

Multiple Distant Worlds concerts are planned.

A Cup Noodle Collaboration, and a huge FF-themed fork.

In collaboration with Yokohama, an "Ultimate Wine(s)": Chateau Meyney with Swarovski crystal-tinted glasses. There's also Ifrit Rouge and Shiva Blanc. Also FF-themed cakes. This stuff is available for purchase from a new dedicated branch of SQEX's online store. A general FF-related sale is happening through multiple outlets including SQEX, Nintendo, Xbox, Sony and Amazon.

A Manga series, Final Fantasy Lost Strangers, is in production.

Game Announcements in-coming!

FFXV DLC Booster Pack out on February 21: it will include "Invincible" suits for the characters. Episode Gladiolus will release on March 28: Gladio will be joined by Cor Leonis in his adventure. Episode Prompto releasing in June.

Reiteration of the planned live-action series based on a player experience with XIV.

A VII-themed snow sculpture will be at the Sapporo Snow Festival. Cloud will be making an appearance in Brave Exvius on February 6. Opera Omnia will go live on February 1, with Aerith (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto) coming to the game. Sephiroth will be appearing in a Mobius Final Fantasy event. A new key visual for VII Remake is in the open; it shows the new Cloud in front of the new Midgar with the new Sephiroth in the background.

XII Zodiac Age will release on July 11 in North America and Europe, and June 13 in Japan and mainland Asia. A cool new visual by Yoshida. Balthier will be coming to WoFF as a DLC Champion.

An FF and DQ collaboration with Itadaki Street is upcoming: among the characters they showed was Noctis.

A Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary exhibition is set for next year.

-----

And... that's all there was. Frankly, both better and worse than I was expecting.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
To be serious, I'm expecting mostly modest announcements. Nothing too crazy. Probably the rumored Final Fantasy Collection for PS4, some minor updates on XV, The Zodiac Age and maybe XIV. Maybe also some more Switch announcements. I cannot see Square-Enix dropping any bombshells like a VII remake update or a XVI announcement. The latter is kinda silly as XV hasn't even been out for an entire year yet. Square-Enix would be flat out incompetent if they announced XVI so early and fans honestly expecting XVI so soon are just as equally inept.
Well, I was right on XV, TZA, XIV and no XVI announcement. Wrong on the Switch games, Final Fantasy Collection and the VII Remake. They did share that new key visual so that sorta counts as a minor update on VII.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Bothers me too, Ignis is best bro, and Luna have chance to appear only in his DLC =\
Perhaps they're having difficult developing Episode Ignis since it is supposedly taking place in a tumultuous Altissia after all?

All those water effects and whatnot could be causing trouble?

I do recall them having trouble developing the Leviathan fight so it could be the case with this DLC too?

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Perhaps they're having difficult developing Episode Ignis since it is supposedly taking place in a tumultuous Altissia after all?

All those water effects and whatnot could be causing trouble?

I do recall them having trouble developing the Leviathan fight so it could be the case with this DLC too?
Did you ever consider that, it will be released, probably near early Q4 of this year, which a while away, so they cannot give us a date because they cannot be sure? There is also over saturation of announcements. Keeping Ep. Ignis and the MP expansion under wraps is the best decision right now.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Did you ever consider that, it will be released, probably near early Q4 of this year, which a while away, so they cannot give us a date because they cannot be sure? There is also over saturation of announcements. Keeping Ep. Ignis and the MP expansion under wraps is the best decision right now.
That wasn't meant as a jab towards the development in any way =/

Sure, I did think of that. However I was under the impression that they were releasing the episodes in order, but clearly we can see that this is not the case now.

I think I'll clarify my stance here for future reference to prevent these incidents from happening again since it's been happening too much lately - I've always supported the dev team and think they've done a wonderful job with what they have, with the time they've been given. Any comments I make about development are hypothetical in nature and aren't meant to be "attacks" or anything remotely like that... =/

I think you're confusing me with another type of poster since I've been nothing but supportive and enthusiastic about FFXV since the very beginning.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
TBH with how crappy the other announcements were, them announcing all the DLC release dates would have made this trash decent.