Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Announced for PS4 and XB1

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 29, 2013
FFX on Vita outsold the Xbox version of Lightning Returns. SE is really dumb to skip Vita for Type-0.
Yeah, it's weird seeing all these Final Fantasy games on Xbox when that fanbase has never shown much interest in the JRPG genre, or in Japanese games at all really. At least it's coming though so im not going to complain.

Sep 26, 2013
So far I've only heard good impressions of it. Maybe the western reception will be more negative?
The game was made with Japanese handheld gamers in mind so it was designed to be played in short sessions. It’s one reason why they went with a mission-based structure. It might not translate well to consoles.

We'll see. It might not bother some people.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The game was made with Japanese handheld gamers in mind so it was designed to be played in short sessions. It’s one reason why they went with a mission-based structure. It might not translate well to consoles.

They could still change how the game plays for consoles as well, keep that in mind. The reason that so many people clamored for the game to be released internationally wasn't because they saw how much Japan loved it, it's because they got ahold of it themselves either through importing or some other way and loved the game.

I really doubt that Square Enix is just going to put all this time and money into something that might flop for International audiences. "Oops, looks like no one wanted it after all!"

I want to believe.
Sorry to crush your dreams, but using Amazon as a source for anything is pretty much a waste of time. It doesn't even have the box art shown for it, whereas the English version shows assumed box art cover with the proper titles. Hell, it doesn't even say it's going to be on PS4 or Xbox One on that page.

snow

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 29, 2013
Sorry to crush your dreams, but using Amazon as a source for anything is pretty much a waste of time. It doesn't even have the box art shown for it, whereas the English version shows assumed box art cover with the proper titles. Hell, it doesn't even say it's going to be on PS4 or Xbox One on that page.
Well, there are also versions for PS4 and ONE.

http://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ideogames&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+Type-0

Probably amazon made a mistake, I know that. But now that PC and console architecture are so similar, i think this would not be strange at all.

But we are talking about Square Enix, so who knows.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Amazon make fuck ups, but retailers also do get information on things like this on the regular, and it could be a "oops released the wrong thing" one as much as it could a complete mistake one, to be honest.

The Xbox One and PS4 basically run on PC architecture. If the code is a simple port, why not? Five FFs are available on Steam now. Why not make it six?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It came out that they recorded the game a couple of years ago. English dialogue has already been done for a long time.

Sep 26, 2013
We first learned about localization being in the works back in November 2011 from the Final Fantasy Type-0 Ultimania. So it was being worked on and recording sessions were wrapped up for some time now.

The delay came from PSP being dead in the west and PSVita needing more market share.

Not really much of an indication of where the Xbone and PS4 versions are in terms of development.
We know that they did HD experiments with the game at one point. At the time, Tabata said they had no plans to make a HD version but they were probably lying.

As PS3 remasters in the west need to be bundled with another game, they probably had to wait for the arrival of PS4 and XB1 so that they could release it as a standalone title.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net

I keep hearing conflicting stuff. Some say it was made with west in mind thus all the blondes and the british world war 1 refs. But I'm reading here it was suppose to be for Japanese handheld lovers?

Sep 26, 2013
I keep hearing conflicting stuff. Some say it was made with west in mind thus all the blondes and the british world war 1 refs. But I'm reading here it was suppose to be for Japanese handheld lovers?
Wasn't really talking about the story. Handheld gaming is dominate in Japan which is why it has a mission based structure. It was designed to be played in short sessions as people are always on the go.

In regards to the story, localization isn't just about translating everything from word to word. There are things that will not make sense to western players that only Japanese players will understand. So that stuff will end up being addressed and changed. Not everyone is well versed in Japanese culture.