Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Announced for PS4 and XB1

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Wasn't really talking about the story. Handheld gaming is dominate in Japan which is why it has a mission based structure. It was designed to be played in short sessions as people are always on the go.

In regards to the story, localization isn't just about translating everything from word to word. There are things that will not make sense to western players that only Japanese players will understand. So that stuff will end up being addressed and changed. Not everyone is well versed in Japanese culture.
Oh that's what you meant. I know about change jobs and sentence structure but it doesn't feel like it has to take that long to fix that stuff. Especially since dubbing was started back when it was suppose to be a PSP game.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
http://www.seattlechinesetimes.com/...al-fantasy-type-0-hd-is-true-new-gen-material

A summary of one guy's impressions of the game.

What I took to be most remarkable from this article, though: "Being built with DirectX 11, and solely focusing on new-fen technology, I was stunned to see the first Final Fantasy to hit these systems being played right before me by Tabata himself. I saw him peruse soldier infested streets of what I assumed to be Rubrum, one of four nation holding the power of the world’s power infused crystals, seamlessly entering enemy encounters with an open world vibe. For being a game, that’s claimed to be nearly 80% done, I was ready to throw my wallet down right then and there. It ran so buttery smooth with such visual fidelity that it puts many other titles currently available on new-gen to shame."

Who knows what that means for translations into other languages, but allegedly the game itself is nearly done. Hopefully, a good omen for both the Western release of Type-0 HD, and perhaps more importantly, the development of XV.

Minion

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Aug 27, 2014
That's good. New voices or at less uncommon ones is good for people who hear the same usual voice work over and over. I like a lot of voice actors but even I wouldn't want to hear them all the time non-stop.
Steve-fucking-Blum.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
So that interview confirms it. No new content. Oh well. I will still play the game since I enjoyed the PSP version. It'll just most likely be much later as originally intended.