Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I don't expect anything about Versus XV/ World of Versus until E3 2019. At best.
That being said though I hope the project is called World of Versus, but each individual game is called Final Fantasy Versus XV. I mean they can announce the project at E3 and give no details to it. Just say it's not a XV expansion.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Hopefully Versus XV is split up into 3 games like XV should have been
Versus XV: Chapter 1
Versus XV: Chapter 2
Versus XV Chapter 3

Part 1: Just Insomnia
Part 2: The Open World
Part 3: The Dark World

Or alternatively

Part 1: Whatever Versus XIII Part 1 was going to be
Part 2: Versus XIII Part 2
Part 3: Versus XIII Part 3

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
*sigh* The temptation is too strong. If, and I must affirm that it's a 100-foot high illuminated if with national holiday attached, the Versus project does exist, there are five things I want to actually and definitely happen if it's going to appear like anything other than a pressure-triggered cashgrab.

1: Restore Stella Nox Fleuret, but don't be afraid to add additional dimensions to her character.
2: Restore the FNC elements in their entirety, and remember to explain them properly.
3: Don't pander to fan expectation - complete the Versus project as it was meant, not as people want it to be meant.
4: If necessary, rework the story a little (since the basic structure survived into XV) so Versus and XV remain separate if kindred projects.
5: If it can be done in one game using XV's groundwork, do it. Don't stretch it out.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
*sigh* The temptation is too strong. If, and I must affirm that it's a 100-foot high illuminated if with national holiday attached, the Versus project does exist, there are five things I want to actually and definitely happen if it's going to appear like anything other than a pressure-triggered cashgrab.

1: Restore Stella Nox Fleuret, but don't be afraid to add additional dimensions to her character.
2: Restore the FNC elements in their entirety, and remember to explain them properly.
3: Don't pander to fan expectation - complete the Versus project as it was meant, not as people want it to be meant.
4: If necessary, rework the story a little (since the basic structure survived into XV) so Versus and XV remain separate if kindred projects.
5: If it can be done in one game using XV's groundwork, do it. Don't stretch it out.
Nomura is going to be busy for the next 10 years on 2 different projects (exaggeration I hope doesn't become reality). Besides, it seems a good number of people under SE are in the mindset of not going backward, which focusing on Versus XIII would be a contradiction to that mentality.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
@SonOfEtro I agree with everything you just said

(Keep them, but rename them for example Daemons can be Cie'th, Astrals can be Eidolons, Gods can be fal'Cie or something else, keep the goddess of death Etro, but don't mention her name in the trailers just call her the goddess of death.
3: Don't pander to fan expectation - complete the Versus project as it was meant, not as people want it to be meant.(Agree, Agree so much, though I hope it plays like a mix between the FF Versus XIII 2011 Trailer with the menu KH combat, but with FFXV 2013 warp striking)
4: If necessary, rework the story a little (since the basic structure survived into XV) so Versus and XV remain separate if kindred projects.(I want them to have as many games to tell the Versus story as possible, and tbh I like these characters so much I wouldn't mind having more than 1 game about them, let me hang out in this universe for a while yah)
5: If it can be done in one game using XV's groundwork, do it. Don't stretch it out.(Don't stretch it out, but I'd rather it be fleshed out properly)

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Nomura is going to be busy for the next 10 years on 2 different projects (exaggeration I hope doesn't become reality). Besides, it seems a good number of people under SE are in the mindset of not going backward, which focusing on Versus XIII would be a contradiction to that mentality.
Nomura doesn't need to have any part of it. They could bring back Nojima and Ferrari instead. Plus I agree SQEX isn't looking back - seventh gen was a bit of a low spot for them. There's a reason I began my wishlist with such a big "if".

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Nomura doesn't need to have any part of it. They could bring back Nojima and Ferrari instead. Plus I agree SQEX isn't looking back - seventh gen was a bit of a low spot for them. There's a reason I began my wishlist with such a big "if".
I don't know about if Nomura doesn't need to be apart of this, I mean who else would anyone trust at this point if they can make a trailer that rivals the Versus XIII 2011 Trailer, or the XV 2013 Trailer, have Nomura as a producer at the very least, then I might be ok with someone else as the director though for marketing reasons I don't think they would want it to be Tabata since you know considering the whole Tabata ruined Nomura's vision whatever, if it's someone new then I can dig it. But then again Versus XIII is Nomura's baby I mean taking him off of that would be like taking him off of Kingdom Hearts, or the FF7 Remake. It doesn't jive well with me, but if they can make something that contains all the stuff I liked about Versus XIII, and all of Nomura's ideas that represents a more faithful adaptation of the drafts and original scripts without Nomura then you know what, I'll be ok with it, even if Tabata is the director, because Nomura seems to trust him as a co-director.

Last edited: