Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Just to be clear, even though I'm just kidding and having fun, I 100% support Versus in every possible way. For all the fans out there who still wish to see it become a reality one day (which it probably will), I salute you.
Odds are zero to none. Rumors with inconsistencies be damned.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Just to be clear, even though I'm just kidding and having fun, I 100% support Versus in every possible way. For all the fans out there who still wish to see it become a reality one day (which it probably will), I salute you.
I want this so much right now, you have no idea

I want it more than a VI Remake, a VIII Remake, a IX Remake, a XVI, X-3, I want it more than Kingdom Hearts 4. I don't care when it happens as long as it happens while I'm still on this earth, and while Nomura is still on this earth, yeah that would kinda be if he died before Versus XV could even be a thing. As long as it happens. Really saddens me XV/Versus XIII is actually what got me into Final Fantasy in the first place, I resolved to beat every single Final Fantasy game as sort of a personal Mark of Mastery before XV/Versus XIII came out. I mean I can guarntee that I would enjoy a Versus XV even if it's only slightly better than XV, hell I think that XV is a very good game just wasted so much potential it drives me damn crazy, and honestly I don't even know if I'll like XVI it's gameplay might be different, it's characters might not even be half as likable(XIII, oh god my did I even, I skipped a lot of the cutscenes, just can't stand them). Hell I think XV is the game that actually would need a remake more than any Final Fantasy. VI doesn't, IX definitely doesn't, VIII no it does not, 10 no absolutely not, neither does XII. Hell probably apart of me wants Versus XV because I want to see what XV looks like without engine issues, without the strict deadlines which caused the game to ship before it was ready, without the corporate BS that got in the way of whatever artistic vision Nomura, and/or Tabata had in mind before the ship date that came in way too early, I mean it's almost as if these guys aren't even developers(the higher ups), I mean the game was supposed to come out in 2014, how in the blue blazes did they think that was realistic. I also fear that waiting too late to make it would probably cause it to change to the point where if they announced a XV Remake in the year 2040, I probably won't even recognize it, and might not even care, especially if the competition can offer something better, and making Versus look dated as a result.

Last edited:

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
I want this so much right now, you have no idea

I want it more than a VI Remake, a VIII Remake, a IX Remake, a XVI, X-3, I want it more than Kingdom Hearts 4. I don't care when it happens as long as it happens while I'm still on this earth, and while Nomura is still on this earth, yeah that would kinda be if he died before Versus XV could even be a thing.
I have never wanted a game more than the way Versus was depicted in its original trailers. Something has finally surpassed my desire for a true continuation of Chrono Trigger (CC side story doesn't count) and it is Nomura's Fabula Nova Versus trilogy.

Everything about it, from the art, to the way the characters were presented, to it looking like a film noir version of FF. I still think the gameplay segment of the invasion of Insomnia shown still looks better than anything in XV.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I have never wanted a game more than the way Versus was depicted in its original trailers. Something has finally surpassed my desire for a true continuation of Chrono Trigger (CC side story doesn't count) and it is Nomura's Fabula Nova Versus trilogy.

Everything about it, from the art, to the way the characters were presented, to it looking like a film noir version of FF. I still think the gameplay segment of the invasion of Insomnia shown still looks better than anything in XV.
Honestly XV needed to commit to being Versus XIII, or not be Versus XIII at all, don't use the characters then, don't use the lore, don't use the mythos, or an altered version of it, Either be Versus XIII under a different name, as you said you would be, and be a great game on top of that or be something else entirely like why not be Agni's Philosophy that seemed to get some hype going, then let Versus XIII, be Versus XIII, or hell make it XVI if you needed to, just don't cancel it give it time to gestate until it's good and ready then release it in multiple parts, me I don't care if FF games have sequels if you need to be a multi-part story to tell your tale, be a multi-part story, if you can tell your tale in a singular story, then tell your tale that way. Just make sure the games are great. Hell I would have been fine if Agni's Philosophy was FFXV, as long as FF Versus XIII came out, and was great, and if it needed to be multi-part to tell it's story, then you know what?, I'd be fine with that, I mean Square is too if the VII Remake is anything to go on.

I mean it makes me sad that the 7 Remake seems like what XV was supposed to be, and everything that Nomura said to justify the VII Remake being multi-part, well it shows in XV. It has cuts and things got summarized won't spoil them here, but if you get to Chapter 13, you'll understand what I'm talking about, and it's a shame because I love the Chocobros, the villian, and the cast of characters minus a few I just simply don't care about, and I have huge skepticism that XVI will even be able to recreate such likable characters let alone have gameplay that I would even remotely like XII is ok on gameplay but not something I would play over Kingdom Hearts, XV, or Versus XIII, and I liked these characters since the Versus days, yes even when they had no dialogue in the concept trailers, and I'm not disappointed with them oh no, I'm disappointed with the game they are saddled with these characters deserved so much more, hell they deserved a hell of a lot more than XIII got, they are the ones that deserved the trilogy not XIII. Agni's Philosophy looks cool, but doesn't exactly grab me, as much as this trailer did.
, and this trailer has no dialogue, just Noctis being a badass, and amazing music to boot.

Last edited:

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
The shot of Noctis from the original Versus trailer, where he is sitting alone and brooding in silence, all the while the last Crystal is in a huge vault behind his throne...

Then he stands up like "Not this shit again...", dispatches an utter beatdown, and walk back in to be alone. All that with the original (unreleased, I might add) version of Somnus playing.

Last shot is him sitting in despair like before, cue title. No emo or edgemaster crap, that was the look you only recognize when you've lost someone yourself. You could feel the gravitos.

THAT was the shit that sold me on Versus. I was like, "OK, there will never be a game like this.."

Sadly, I guess I was right.

EDIT: For interview, please paste "Tetsuya Nomura explains why Final Fantasy Versus 13 became Final Fantasy 15" in Google. Link problem due to spam filter.

Lastly, I would like to point out an older interview that has now become incredibly relevant. It involves the actual code and assets of the original Versus project. Even though much new content was created for FFXV, people do not realize that the original vision for the Versus project, its source code, and most importantly, all of its unused graphical data is finally at the point where it can run on current gen systems and PCs.

He admitted, that when Versus was originally shown, there was no way you could play the original build without pretty much having a render farm and development kits. The original models and texture data are all created at Visual Works and ported down to work in games.

For example, I can say with certainty that if the project could run on a current top of the line PC even now (I'm talking 2-3 GTX 1080TIs, etc.) you would only just now be seeing Versus as it was meant to be.

This also strengthens a lot of rumors and development talk coming out that supports how and why Nomura could get his take on the game up and going again without a lot of money or manpower. All Square needs for the full green light is public interest, and more and more average people that you would not expect to bring up Versus nowadays are just now getting around to understanding what really happened, the story, and are saying "Um....I was to play that one, you know, the REAL ONE."

After FFVIIR was announced, I now believe anything is possible.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Also XV will get a remake, it will I can guarntee that, whether it will be 2025, so about 9 years, or 2035 19 years, my worry however is well, will it be the Versus XIII that I was looking forward to, or something else entirely that might make me care about it even less.
We don't know where the market will be in 2025-2035, we don't know what could happen in the future, Nomura might quit, Tabata might quit, Nojima might quit his job, maybe consoles will cease to exist, maybe Square Enix will cease to exist, maybe they might sell FF, maybe FF might become so toxic of a brand they will never touch Versus XIII ever or FF for that matter. Hell JRPGs might die and FF might become something else entirely, I mean whose to say that a XV Remake won't take shape as a new game entirely like a VR/AR game, instead of an Action RPG with character switching. There wouldn't exactly be a play the original Versus if I wanted to.

On a sidenote: At this point, I think Square has a talent problem on the directorial side of things, there should have been no reason working on the FF7 Remake should've cost Nomura FFXV, they need new blood, new game directors for their Final Fantasy titles instead of relying on the old ones too much hell that's probably one of the reasons, I don't give a shit who directs Final Fantasy XVI.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
i mean is it really that hard to imagine ss+(2017-03-02+at+01.56.18).jpg this. Just Imagine this, that's what I would do for Versus XV Trilogy, so instead of having a remake you have an alternate reality, because a remake would mean having the story of FFXV, like how the FF7 Remake has the story of FFVII. However I would saw off the 10 years later bits, Versus XIII was probably not going to have a timeskip, I mean you could do the 10 years later, and tie Versus XV back to XV's ending

Where Luna and Noct get married, I mean it's pretty easy to do the whole Stella thing by just having her character be Luna under a different name and circumstances, Stella wasn't royalty she just came from a rich family

On a side note I find it strange that the 10 years later is an alternate reality, because that would encompass
Chapter 14 and 15

I mean there is absolutely nothing to suggest that anything that happened in that timespan is an alternate reality Omen yes, but the time gap? No.

Also if this time gap is where the World of Versus takes place, it better not just be a humpy dumpy DLC trying and failing to be Versus XIII, it can be a prologue to set up alternate realities existing, and cycles created by ???, but they can't use that to tell the story of Versus XIII, because it would way too condensed, you can't tell Versus XIII in a 20 dollar DLC, nor would people be satisfied with such a thing, if anything it would piss them off since we know what Versus XIII was supposed to be a multi-part series, and quite frankly even if the leak about it being a trilogy was false there was enough accurate information in it, to lead people to believe it was true. If they want to do Versus and please the people that want Versus they actually need to commit to doing Versus, no half steps, no quarter steps, it needs to be a full step, or just do a Dark World DLC, and do Versus as a later date, but don't attempt to half-ass it, because people would notice, and would notice all too well, too much is out. To sum this up, don't try to do Versus XIII if you can't do Versus XIII, that DLC could be better served as a Dark World DLC.

I mean I guess they can make a 60 Dollar trilogy DLC similar to the Telltale Series where they release digitally first then become it's own disc later. Even though I would prefer it be it's own game/ game series from the jump, it would sell much better that way to console gamers, PC Gamers wouldn't care either way we are more digital people like myself I hate physical games, and physical media in general.

Last edited:

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
Anyone who stares at that timeline for 10 seconds can clearly connect the Omen section, time gap, and what the image spells out for you...ALTERNATE..is going to happen. They might as well called that big gap of space "Nomura's Versus Epic", which is why I jokingly altered the timeline to say that. I think it is obvious to me that Square wants Nomura's original vision to happen, and this is how to do it without touching the original game; it's like a soft reset. Including the Omen promotional material on that chart makes no sense whatsoever unless they planned on doing this. That is like putting "FFXV TV Trailer 4" on there or something--nonsensical.

For example, think about how an entire generation of gamers in the near future will only know of FFVII Remake's story as the ONLY FFVII story in time. The 'original' FFVII will fade into memory and be replaced by the remake's completely different story. FFVIIR is almost like a prototype to see how people will react to FFXV being told again, only this time we get the original story instead of Tabata's alternate take on Versus.

Trippy, but this is so obvious if you think about it.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Anyone who stares at that timeline for 10 seconds can clearly connect the Omen section, time gap, and what the image spells out for you...ALTERNATE..is going to happen. They might as well called that big gap of space "Nomura's Versus Epic", which is why I jokingly altered the timeline to say that. I think it is obvious to me that Square wants Nomura's original vision to happen, and this is how to do it without touching the original game; it's like a soft reset. Including the Omen promotional material on that chart makes no sense whatsoever unless they planned on doing this. That is like putting "FFXV TV Trailer 4" on there or something--nonsensical.

For example, think about how an entire generation of gamers in the near future will only know of FFVII Remake's story as the ONLY FFVII story in time. The 'original' FFVII will fade into memory and be replaced by the remake's completely different story. FFVIIR is almost like a prototype to see how people will react to FFXV being told again, only this time we get the original story instead of Tabata's alternate take on Versus.

Trippy, but this is so obvious if you think about it.
I hope your true man, honestly I just hope that World of Versus isn't just a DLC that they use to fill the demands of those that want Versus XIII back, because that would be a half-step, and an even bigger bastardization of Versus XIII than what the people that want Versus XIII perceive XV to be, it would be better for them to do a Dark World DLC instead at least they wouldn't piss off anyone, because at the very mosts a World of Versus DLC would be 10-15 dollars, thus it probably won't have that much story content in it, about maybe at best 20 hours if even that to tell a story, that would be an even bigger condensation of Versus XIII, and unless that comes with a better Leviathan fight, character switching, pretty much everything in the 2011, and 2013 Trailers, they might as well not bother with it, they would cause a huge controversy as opposed to if they just did something like a Dark World DLC. If they are going to do any type of World of Versus DLC it has to be a prologue to Versus XV, not in place of a supposed Versus XV. It has to be a teaser, if it is it would probably sell pretty well actually hell maybe with it's sales it could pay for the development of Versus XIII/Versus XV in it's entirety(ok I know that's not the case). If they want to go for that Versus XIII crowd, they gotta go all the way, and actually commit to doing Versus XIII this time, the Versus XIII crowd are fine with waiting as long as it happens. It just needs to happen, and within a reasonable time frame like before the PlayStation 6 Pro, it can happen during the PlayStation 5 that's fine, just not PlayStation 6, or PlayStation 7 or PlayStation 9

, because you can bet your ass I'm not playing Versus XIII/Versus XV like this, I mean imagine trying to warp strike, you fly off a building, fall to the ground, you will be a nice meating bloodstain on the ground, that some poor bastard Janitor has to clean up, because you were a stupid dingus to think you could actually warp strike as if you were some King of Lucis or something.

Nah.

I'll believe it when there is an official announcement.
That's fair

Last edited:

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
Just my last two cents here: if they are gonna do a World of Versus expansion, I simply do not want that. The reason is it will give you a slight taste of what Versus would have been like (much like FFXV) then end with the same god awful Ramen Cup picture extravaganza that was Tabata's middle finger to diehards of the "SQU/\RE Era". Seriously, he should have just ended it with an engrish voice over of "AND DU NOW GRANDAH SPONSAH ICHIBAN NOODRE!!!! FIN. /Luna and Noctis-orgy holding ramen cups with thunbs up. "WALKU......TAR............FRIENDZ."

"You either go hard, or you go home." ~ Nomura

Long live thy line, and thy original vision divine, until the day Versus is born anew.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
VII: Remake was already in large demand for a decade, even S.E. wanted to jump on it. It was a matter of when.

A Versus remake is incomparable especially when it's coming from only a vocal minority + fake rumors.

Nah.

I'll believe it when there is an official announcement.
Its like expecting the tooth fairy to be real lol.

They'll have to find out the hard way. Nomura isn't a miracle worker in writing as many Versus fanboys want to believe, for every cool concept made, it never stopped people from picking plenty of flaws in storytelling.

Last edited:

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
This is off topic, but I don't think anyone will mind.

I want to see a FF game written and directed by Yoko Taro. Even Tabata would be like "Don't you think all 76 endings are a little....what's the word here, depressing as all fuck?"

I don't think he could make anything less than a masterpiece even if he tried.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Just my last two cents here: if they are gonna do a World of Versus expansion, I simply do not want that. The reason is it will give you a slight taste of what Versus would have been like (much like FFXV) then end with the same god awful Ramen Cup picture extravaganza that was Tabata's middle finger to diehards of the "SQU/\RE Era". Seriously, he should have just ended it with an engrish voice over of "AND DU NOW GRANDAH SPONSAH ICHIBAN NOODRE!!!! FIN. /Luna and Noctis-orgy holding ramen cups with thunbs up. "WALKU......TAR............FRIENDZ."

"You either go hard, or you go home." ~ Nomura

Long live thy line, and thy original vision divine, until the day Versus is born anew.
goddammit, it really is a new versus apologist.

smh

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Seriously though I wouldn't treat Versus XV as a remake oh no, I would just treat it like Type-Next, an Alternate Reality sequel/sequels( Seriously though did Tabata get the idea of using alternate realities in XV from Type-0)
VII: Remake was already in large demand for a decade, even S.E. wanted to jump on it. It was a matter of when.

A Versus remake is incomparable especially when it's coming from only a vocal minority + fake rumors.

Its like expecting the tooth fairy to be real lol.

They'll have to find out the hard way. Nomura isn't a miracle worker in writing as many Versus fanboys want to believe, for every cool concept made, it never stopped people from picking plenty of flaws in storytelling.
Meh all of the KH games I've played some may have flawed stories what story isn't, but hey I enjoyed all of them, especially Kingdom Hearts 2. XV's storytelling flaws are well a lot more glaring never had actual important story elements off screen, or a lack of set up in places that sorely needed it to have any sort of impact. When they were clearly going for something emotional. I don't expect a miracle working, just a story that doesn't have oh idk holes, like real holes, and being too short for it's own good the Chocobros deserve better, hell they deserved the XIII treatment, not the WTF was going on there with characters that aren't as likable as . Then again it's Nojima that's the writer, and I will say I love his work, KH2, and Crisis Core are examples of his writing.
ss+(2017-03-02+at+01.56.18).jpg