Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I got some new leaks. As per my job, I was working between game devs when I got in touch a liaison from SE. Talking to said liaison (unnamed), I got some insight on the future of SE's project. Ignoring everything else and focusing on topic, "World of Versus" as it is named is a massive expansion that is currently under pre-production.

This expansion is planned to be released after the multiplayer mode that will complement the additional content. The expansion is said to upgrade the game as a whole, which will include a new opening sequence involving the Insomnia invasion.

The maps will also be enhanced. With Leide and Duscae having more of it's unused space unlocked, with new dungeons and content. Other areas will also be expanded.

Flashback sequences involving other characters will be included where you can find out more of the motives outside of Noct's perspective.

The 4 main characters will also become fully playable from the get go.

The history of each character will also be further enhanced through flashbacks etc.

Insomnia will also be greatly expanded. Surviving civilians/hunters and Kingsglaive members are scattered throughout the city and the world and you are tasked to reassemble the glaives and recruit more. Some will give you unique quests. This part coincides with the multiplayer part as you will be playing as the newly formed KG. You can recruit them PT members in the game, but that will work as the avatar system where you can create your own.

Tenebrae will be explorable, but Tenebrae has actually been destroyed by the Empire to get rid of all loose ends. You can help the remaining survivors here and recruit them. You will also be able to visit certain locations such as Luna's room to find secret backstories.

During the time skip period the game will divide into four sections. Each chocobro will get a segment, with Noctis going through a nightmarish dream sequence. And the rest of the party goes through individual trials to become stronger.

The train sequence will be expanded with new open areas that can be explored. A small section of the Solheim ruins can be discovered, with some insight on how the city was destroyed. You can also visit Nyx's hometown, but it will not be what you may expect.

There is more, but this was all I got.

Source

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I got some new leaks. As per my job, I was working between game devs when I got in touch a liaison from SE. Talking to said liaison (unnamed), I got some insight on the future of SE's project. Ignoring everything else and focusing on topic, "World of Versus" as it is named is a massive expansion that is currently under pre-production.

This expansion is planned to be released after the multiplayer mode that will complement the additional content. The expansion is said to upgrade the game as a whole, which will include a new opening sequence involving the Insomnia invasion.

The maps will also be enhanced. With Leide and Duscae having more of it's unused space unlocked, with new dungeons and content. Other areas will also be expanded.

Flashback sequences involving other characters will be included where you can find out more of the motives outside of Noct's perspective.

The history of each character will also be further enhanced through flashbacks etc.

Insomnia will also be greatly expanded. Surviving civilians/hunters and Kingsglaive members are scattered throughout the city and the world and you are tasked to reassemble the glaives and recruit more. Some will give you unique quests. This part coincides with the multiplayer part as you will be playing as the newly formed KG. You can recruit them PT members in the game, but that will work as the avatar system where you can create your own.

Tenebrae will be explorable, but Tenebrae has actually been destroyed by the Empire to get rid of all loose ends. You can help the remaining survivors here and recruit them. You will also be able to visit certain locations such as Luna's room to find secret backstories.

During the time skip period the game will divide into four sections. Each chocobro will get a segment, with Noctis going through a nightmarish dream sequence. And the rest of the party goes through individual trials to become stronger.

The train sequence will be expanded with new open areas that can be explored. A small section of the Solheim ruins can be discovered, with some insight on how the city was destroyed. You can also visit Nyx's hometown, but it will not be what you may expect.

Source
Thank

Oct 2, 2016

Source
Shuya, you are too good of a contributor to troll us like this. please stop toying with my heartstrings.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Source

10/10

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown

Source

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I've just witnessed someone on neogaf argue that KH combat is an OoT rip-off because it has similar camera, so I quickly came back here because even this thread seems clever by comparison.

Please go on.
... someone compared the KH battle system with Zelda Ocarina of Time?!?

I... how... what?!?

That's why I only come here to discuss FFXV related stuff. It's the only (mostly) sane place.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Children killing Children would kinda bring up the rating to M, also it was death worship not just simply Etro worship.
You can stop pulling shit out of your ass. Nowhere was it ever stated that Versus would have children killing children. And no, don't even try and act like some random post on /v/ is a valid source. Literally anyone can go and spout random bullshit claiming it to be Versus/VersusXV stuff on /v/ and you'd gobble that shit up left and right.

And again Etro worship has nothing to do with an M rating, Lightning Returns has a T rating while having Etro worship. Nothing we even saw in 2011 Versus trailer was any more violent than what's in the final game. The Imperial soldiers didn't even bleed in the 2011 Versus trailer either.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I've just witnessed someone on neogaf argue that KH combat is an OoT rip-off because it has similar camera, so I quickly came back here because even this thread seems clever by comparison.

Please go on.
NeoGaf is pretty much the cesspool of online gaming forum toxicness.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
You can stop pulling shit out of your ass. Nowhere was it ever stated that Versus would have children killing children. And no, don't even try and act like some random post on /v/ is a valid source. Literally anyone can go and spout random bullshit claiming it to be Versus/VersusXV stuff on /v/ and you'd gobble that shit up left and right.

And again Etro worship has nothing to do with an M rating, Lightning Returns has a T rating while having Etro worship. Nothing we even saw in 2011 Versus trailer was any more violent than what's in the final game. The Imperial soldiers didn't even bleed in the 2011 Versus trailer either.
Except the leak was right about almost everything including FFXVI not happening if FFXV doesn't do well which I can say no one believed until Tabata came out and said it and people still don't believe, and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131353 Reaper worship he said would violate age rating, so they toned it down.

Sweet Jesus Bazztek, Etro worship was only apart of the Reaper worship, she's the goddess of death, the Reaper/Death Worship in Versus XIII was going to be a lot more extreme than Lightning Returns.
Also those imperial soldiers were magitek, they did bleed though, but the blood was blue or black colored.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Except the leak was right about almost everything including FFXVI not happening if FFXV doesn't do well which I can say no one believed until Tabata came out and said it and people still don't believe, and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131353 Reaper worship he said would violate age rating, so they toned it down.

Sweet Jesus Bazztek, Etro worship was only apart of the Reaper worship, she's the goddess of death, the Reaper/Death Worship in Versus XIII was going to be a lot more extreme than Lightning Returns.
Also those imperial soldiers were magitek, they did bleed though, but the blood was blue or black colored.
Why do you keep lumping multiple different "leaks" as if they were one leak? Stop that. The person who said the thing about "children killing children" was not the person who leaked the story of XV or said XVI wouldn't happen unless XV did well, that leak was from May 2016. The person who said the stuff about "children killing children" was after XV was already released and is not the same person who leaked the story points, nor did he have any proof for anything he said.

And no Tabata was talking about specific region rating affecting it, the only place that does so is China. Lightning Returns still had Etro worship and she is a death goddess in the FF13 universe all the same.

And you do know that Etro was a death goddess, aka the Shinigami that Nomura talked about? Shinigami = death god = reaper. That Shinigami is just Etro, the death god worship is the worship of Etro and nothing more. Stop fucking pulling shit out of your ass. There is nothing indicating it was more in depth than what Lightning Returns did with its Etro worship at all, especially when Noctis shrugged off the whole Etro story that Stella was talking about as just being a fairy tale/bedtime story.

"they did bleed though" No they didn't. There is no blood at all coming from the Imperial soldiers in the 2011 Versus trailer just like in the final game. Once again you are making shit up. That blue/black whatever was only shown once the game became XV and was in both the 2013 footage and 2014 footage, 2014 TGS trailer and other footage in 2014 had it which was long after Nomura had left and Tabata had taken over.