Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 19, 2013
Versus XV won't happen, but something like the rumored World of Versus I could see happen (DLC that repurposes some of the darker Versus themes in a twisted, dream-world version of FFXV set during the 10 years slumber). @APZonerunner hinted at a possible Versus-branded project like that too a few days ago on GAF:
I don't think that's too far-fetched. Definitely much more plausible than a Nomura-directed Versus XV, lol.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
we should keep posting so that Square takes notice.
Thats no different than signing a petition for something impractical.

Versus XV won't happen, but something like the rumored World of Versus I could see happen (DLC that repurposes some of the darker Versus themes in a twisted, dream-world version of FFXV set during the 10 years slumber). @APZonerunner hinted at a possible Versus-branded project like that too a few days ago on GAF:
I don't think that's too far-fetched. Definitely much more plausible than a Nomura-directed Versus XV, lol.
I....actually can agree with this to an extent. At least its actually feasible.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Not sure @APZonerunner was hinting at a "World of Versus" DLC/expansion, but it's certainly well within the realm of possibility.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Ok

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Personally, I would love to see that happen whether if it's "World of Versus" or "Versus XV"
I don't know if it's true, but I don't like the idea of adding multiplayer in the "World of Versus"
I don't get my hopes up for Versus XV, but who knows. Square can be unpredictable these days like VII Remake. I would love to see that happen only if Nomura is involved with the project, plus bringing back FNC mythos and especially Stella!

Oct 19, 2013
Personally, I would love to see that happen whether if it's "World of Versus" or "Versus XV"
I don't know if it's true, but I don't like the idea of adding multiplayer in the "World of Versus"
I don't get my hopes up for Versus XV, but who knows. Square can be unpredictable these days like VII Remake. I would love to see that happen only if Nomura is involved with the project, plus bringing back FNC mythos and especially Stella!
The leaks didn't say the multiplayer would be part of "World of Versus". That's for the multiplayer DLC called "Comrades" that was already announced for later this year.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I think a Nomura directed Versus XV could happen a few years 2019-2020 down the line as sort of a alternate timeline sequel to FFXV, maybe multi-part, maybe not(though I see it being multi-part). You know the whole AU nonsense the stuff like the Omen trailer, and the stuff like after the 10 year time gap. Hey it might be a good excuse to make Insomnia explorable and charge 60 dollars for it.

Honest to god, they better not even try doing Versus XIII in DLC or expansion format, that shit would be too short to tell that story, and by god you would piss off the people more.

Also looking at the rumor it said that production of Final Fantasy Versus won't happen until after Episode 2 of the 7 Remake, there is also another rumor from a trusted source(Jose Strife) going around that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be finished next year March 2018.
So Nomura will just have to work on Part 3 of the 7 Remake if what this rumor is true, so that means if assuming this is true. Nomura would be working on the 7 Remake Part 3, and Versus XV(Part 1?(please for the love of god don't try to cram it)

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
2020 is probably when the last part of FFVII remake will release (yes i know it's a bit optimistic date because nomura)
Exactly that makes thing even better, because KH3 is not going to continue past 2018, that title started development in 2013-2014, so 2018 sounds like a reasonable date, thus one less title on his plate, so it can be replaced with something else. Also Kingdom Hearts 4 isn't going to start development for a long time after KH3 it would be way too soon. I suspect it will start development for Next Gen consoles.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
2020 is probably when the last part of FFVII remake will release (yes i know it's a bit optimistic date because nomura)
He's got until the end of the current gen to push it out either way. The next gen consoles may not be able to run current gen hardware. It's best to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

What about Versus XV?
It already exists...in your head.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
He's got until the end of the current gen to push it out either way. The next gen consoles may not be able to run current gen hardware. It's best to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

It already exists...in your head.
The next gen consoles will most likely be x86, so backwards compatibility isn't out of the question. As I suspect the next gen consoles will be similar to the PS4 Pro, and Xbox Scorpio just more powerful, unless the Nintendo Switch is so successful they decide to go that route with next gen.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
He's got until the end of the current gen to push it out either way. The next gen consoles may not be able to run current gen hardware. It's best to be prepared for the worst case scenario
Really hoping everything will work out in the end because if it doesn't, then he's repeating what he did with Versus 13 if I'm to be quite honest.

Not completing a game on time, the game being pushed onto a new generation of consoles, having to start again from scratch to accommodate the new console etc etc.

It's 2017 now and not even one game has seen the light of day, let alone 3 full length games... I seriously hope it all works out somehow.

It makes me wonder how long do we have until the next generation of consoles begins?