Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Re-announcing a highly-anticipated title in a 10 minute streaming presentation in the middle of May seems strange. But SE has their FY report out soon, and I'm sure investors want to know what that anticipated bump in revenue is coming from.

Feb 18, 2018
Re-announcing a highly-anticipated title in a 10 minute streaming presentation in the middle of May seems strange. But SE has their FY report out soon, and I'm sure investors want to know what that anticipated bump in revenue is coming from.
Why? Sony won't be at E3 and FF7R was announced as a PS4 timed exclusive.

I still think they'll keep the meat for E3 but a little trailer / teaser during the state of play doesn't seem strange at all.

Feb 19, 2018
Combat looks like it has elements of different SE ARPGs, I can see part of Type-0, CC, Dissidia, KH and XV in it.

Also LMAO at people going "b-but you just hold in XV so will 7R be that", not realizing you can tap to attack.
I can't be the only one who didn't know the combat in XV was usable by holding down circle at first and just played the whole game through by tapping the attack button like I normally would in any other action game, right? Was honestly shocked to learn that it was "hold to attack" when I went on forums later because tapping circle to attack didn't hinder the combat at all which is why I thought it was how it was intended to be played and I think my misunderstanding led to me having a far more enjoyable experience, gameplay wise, because of it. I think people meme the "hold circle to attack" thing too much when you have the option of playing it by tapping.

Anyways FFVIIR's combat quite clearly seems to be replicating KH's combat with a bit of tweaks custom tailored to FF so idk where the fear of it "being like XV" is coming from.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
FFVIIR's graphics have come a looooooong way since 2015!

I think the only thing I'm unhappy about at this point is the change in voice actors. Seriously, I thought Squenix was supposed to be good about retaining their voice actors. =/