Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
I'm liking the description of it. The only thing that's slightly bothering me though is that there's no jumping involved, so there's no possibility for outside exploration/platforming, etc. (but at least it'll have aerial attacks so that's something).

Hoping the combat is more responsive and polished than XV's and has more depth than KHIII's, it's been awhile since SE produced an arpg with great combat inhouse.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Square-Enix line-up for the TGS 2019.

Main Lineup

. Dragon Quest X Online (PS4, Switch, Wii U, 3DS, PC) – Mega Theater, Stage
. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition (Switch) – Playable, Mega Theater, Stage
. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) – Playable, Mega Theater
. Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS4, PC, Mac) – Playable Mega Theater, Stage
. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS, Android, PC) – Studio
. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch, iOS, Android) – Playable Mega Theater, Stage
. Imperial Saga: Eclipse (PC Browser, Smartphone Browser) – Mega Theater, Stage
. Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia) – Mega Theater, Stage
. Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent (iOS, Android) – Mega Theater
. Romancing SaGa 3 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, PC, iOS, Android) – Mega Theater, Stage
. Romancing SaGa Re: Universe (iOS, Android) – Stage
. Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4, Switch) – Mega Theater, Stage
. Trials of Mana (PS4, Switch, PC) – Mega Theater, Stage
. Tropico 6 (PS4) – Mega Theater, Studio
. War of the Visions: Final Fatnasy Brave Exvius (iOS, Android) – Mega Theater

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Nomura was interviewed in the latest Famitsu regarding FFVIII Remaster and FFVII Remake, for 7R and he stated that at TGS they will unveil the Shinra side.
Tetusya Nomura said:
「今回のTGSで新羅側の彼らをお披露目予定」
"This TGS we plan to unveil the Shinra side".
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/23627

We've already seen 7R's version of Heidegger and an obscured shot of President Shinra, guessing we may also see the redesigned Turks too.

They also will have the Buster Sword on display at TGS and the Hardy Daytona they've had at E3, Gamescom, PAX and others will be at TGS too but in greater detail.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-to-debut-shinra-characters-at-tgs-2019

Feb 19, 2018
Nomura was interviewed in the latest Famitsu regarding FFVIII Remaster and FFVII Remake, for 7R and he stated that at TGS they will unveil the Shinra side.

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/23627

We've already seen 7R's version of Heidegger and an obscured shot of President Shinra, guessing we may also see the redesigned Turks too.

They also will have the Buster Sword on display at TGS and the Hardy Daytona they've had at E3, Gamescom, PAX and others will be at TGS too but in greater detail.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-to-debut-shinra-characters-at-tgs-2019
Been a while since I've seen some concept art from the original but I forgot how much the Turks needed a damn tailor in that pic. Suit game weak as hell. lol

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
There's a bar over Ifrit which seems like the summons will be more like FFXII's summons. This trailer was incredible, the direction of these cutscenes is way better than KH3 and FFXV combined. Also, the tease at the crossdressing scene is great. Aerith looks amazing, I wonder when we're gonna see Tifa and Cloud of course.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Random thoughts:
- Looked...good? Maybe I'm getting old, but I didn't view it as this transcendent event I see clamored across the gaming-sphere.
- It was mentioned earlier - I agree that the cutscene direction does look superior to SE's recent output.
- Voices seemed a bit rough, but there's still many months left to go on that front. And is that Mark Hamill...?
- Keepers of Fate? Uh.....
- The Wall Market seems to be intact. Cool.
- Did I hear that Wutai was an enemy of Shinra? Wonder if that's the way they'll introduce Yuffie into the party rather than some chance forest encounter.
- The Turks look to have upped their suit game.
- Summons in Midgar? Seems almost sacrilegious ;)
- I can't quite grasp the gameplay based off of what I've seen. Most press accounts did report it was pretty easy to handle and -- more importantly - FUN to play, though Part of me wonders, based off the single-digit numbers I saw flying in the combat sequences, how long is Emerald Weapon going to take to beat?
- I guess my biggest question is the overall pacing of the game. In the original, Midgar was ~4 hours of a 35-40 hour game. With Midgar being the sole focus of part 1 of the remake, the game may be shorter than normal (20-25 hours). Not a concern, merely an observation.
- I think my kids will graduate college before the final game in the remake comes out.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
There's a bar over Ifrit which seems like the summons will be more like FFXII's summons. This trailer was incredible, the direction of these cutscenes is way better than KH3 and FFXV combined. Also, the tease at the crossdressing scene is great. Aerith looks amazing, I wonder when we're gonna see Tifa and Cloud of course.
I hope they don't show Tifa or Cloud CD. I like that this trailer pretty much confirmed it for people who haven't heard, but I hope they really tease us without showing much. It's SE though, so it's unlikely.