Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 19, 2018
A notorious system would be really cool!

about the mysterious SOLDIER..

Thing is that sword is just a standard issue SOLDIER sword. Angeal, Genesis, and Sephiroth were the only ones with unique swords in Crisis Core and even Zack used that generic sword before Angeal gave him the Buster Sword. Honestly while it would be cool to get more story that ties back to Zack the sword doesn't really prove much.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
wonder how they will keep evolving the battle system, maybe adding aerial combat with even closer AC style-fights? would be cool fighting Weapons with some verticality.

Vincent might have something like Promptos aiming skill + transformations

Yuffie, sneaky ninja abilities, mostly long-range shuriken attacks, putting traps, invisibility?

Feb 19, 2018
wonder how they will keep evolving the battle system, maybe adding aerial combat with even closer AC style-fights? would be cool fighting Weapons with some verticality.

Vincent might have something like Promptos aiming skill + transformations

Yuffie, sneaky ninja abilities, mostly long-range shuriken attacks, putting traps, invisibility?
If they decide to head in the direction of AC in terms of combat then I want them to add the wall climbing, rail grinding, and air gliding from the Dissidia games. Right now might be too early to see Cloud really doing that sort of stuff but in later games as Cloud and gang approach their endgame statuses it would be cool to see them doing some of that stuff so there's a logical bridging of Cloud from FFVII and Cloud post FFVII ability wise.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
The remake characters writing and plot development will be so underveloped and lack focus and lacking anything special because Square is soo focus on graphics than the former, just watch it happen :(

If that doesn't happen the most logical explanation is that they didn't focus in graphics ;)

Feb 19, 2018

literally perfection
Damn if this is legit and the contents of the discs listed in the video description are real then someone who has the time to translate all that should do so. Soundtracks often contain a lot of information about what the story has in store. Kinda curious if it reveals anything about the new additions and revisions to the story.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I got a chance to play the 7R demo at PAX AUS, I wrote up my impressions in this twitter thread so I'll just repost them here.

Okay firstly it was a good demo, it was the same demo from E3 so there wasn't any new content in it. I played it on a PS4 Pro, the framerate looked to be unlocked because sometimes it'd look 45 FPS and other times it'd drop to sub 30, like 25 FPS, it wasn't a stable 30 FPS. It's an old demo by this point so these FPS issues can still be ironed out by release. The AA implementation however was really poor, aliasing was distracting and way more noticable compared to even XV on base PS4, especially on hair, it looks to be a TAA solution but poor.

IQ was sometimes smeary which indicates it's using a dynamic resolution, if so it's likely 900p-1080p dynamic res. Again old build so this can change. Texture quality varied, some looked lower res than others, like the mako reactor itself when up close looked very low res. That's mainly performance and visual quality which is pretty mixed and is really the main downsides of the demo, the gameplay was good, the control scheme was a bit weird at first and the lack of a jump button was noticable, hoping we can remap buttons in the final game.

I tried both holding Square to attack and tapping Square to attack, the Shina Soldiers and Monodrive's both died in 3-4 hits, holding attack in this build did a 3 hit attack string while tapping did a 5 hit attack string, holding attack was enough to kill them with 3 hits. Holding has a DPS advantage over tapping, btw later footage of newer 7R builds indicate more hits to a string get added to the hold to attack string. Outside of battle regardless of if you tap or hold attack Cloud will only swing once, attack strings are only in combat.

Outside of combat at least in this build only Cloud could be used, Cloud can only run, sprint on R2, interact button on Triangle, or attack on Square once at a time when outside of combat, you cannot use dodge rolls or other manual combat actions when outside of combat. Barret in combat is much slower than Cloud and deals less damage than he does comparatively, his dodge roll is very slow compared to Cloud who has a fast dodge roll, I tried using the spells Aero, Thunder, Blizzard and Fire just to see them, their effects are pretty basic

ATB fills up very fast, sometimes my muscle memory would tap X instead of Square and each time I did I always had an ATB full and ended up using Braver from the command menu. While sprint is R2 outside of combat it isn't during combat, it's also for party menu commands. I never manually targetted anything, there is an automatic lock-on so when you press attack it will essentially "zone in" towards the locked on target automatically, the abilities also do this so I only had to focus on doing attacks without locking on manually.

There was 20 Potions, 5 Ethers and 2 Elixirs in the item inventory by default, I picked up 1 Phoenix Down and 6 Potions along the way, since ATB fills up so fast I never had to worry about not being able to use a Potion because it cost 1 ATB bar, fills up in like 2 seconds.

While it was an English demo it had Japanese voice acting in this version, there was no option to choose on the title between JP and ENG VA in the demo so it's likely it was purposely done to just be Japanese, the full game will obviously let you choose and has more dubs. The demo was only 15-20 mins when taking my time, if the demo is anything to go by then regular enemies will be a breeze with enemies dying in a few hits, while bosses have a ton of HP and will take a while unless you stagger them, hopefully they aren't all damage sponges.

It was a good demo and it leaves me hopeful for the Remake, but there is performance issues that need ironing out. My thoughts from the trailer were confirmed by the demo in that FF7R does feel like a mix of XV, Type-0, elements of Dissidia and FF13's Stagger bar thrown in.

Feb 19, 2018
Nice to see some of the enemies still have that silly charm about them. Was worried that the switch to the more hyper realistic style was going to undo that. Also this might be an unpopular opinion but provided the base game is in good condition upon release I wouldn't mind having some seasonal events like FFXV did. A Halloween event teasing Vincent would be dope since you don't meet him until after leaving Midgar which would be in the second installment most likely. Would also be a good strategy to hold fans over between the entries.